• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Evad - RIP <3

effie

Bluelight Crew
I am so sorry to have to be the bearer of such awful news, but Evad died yesterday. I haven't been able to make a thread until now, but he loved BL and EADD and I know a lot of you loved him, so I want you all to know.

For those who don't know, Evad was my boyfriend and we have been together for a year and 4 months now. He never wanted any gossip about it on the board so we kept it quiet, but I feel he'd want me to share it now so you understand why I am making this thread myself.

All that is known is that it wasn't deliberate, it happened suddenly and he looked incredibly peaceful. I don't want any speculation about how or why please - if I find out details and it is appropriate I will share them, if not I will leave it at that and I hope you all understand. This thread can be moved to the shrine when appropriate, but he was an EADDer through and through so I want it to stay here for a bit first.

I love him so much, he was the most amazing person and I really can't even begin to grasp this. He was such a huge part of this forum and he had so many good friends here, and he loved you all.

All my <3 to him, wherever he is now, and much <3 to his family and friends and everyone here who loved him..

Effie x

EDIT

I have set up a JustGiving page in Dave's memory with contributions towards the Bristol Drugs Project. Dave wanted to volunteer there; unfortunately he will never have the chance, but it was a cause he believed in passionately and one that will be close to a lot of your hearts I imagine.

If anyone has anything to donate - however large or small - it would be wonderful. If you are too broke, don't worry, Dave would understand that too.

Links:

Dave's JustGiving Page for BDP

Bristol Drugs Project

Much <3 to you all x

Last edited:
you were such a beautiful couple.

the short time i spent with him, i felt comfortable in my own skin. this is just one of the many gifts he gave to people.

i feel priviledged to have been able to form a few happy memories with him before he went away, and devastated he is gone, for your loss effie.

much love to all those close to him.

Oh Dave I love you so much and I will miss you every day. I cannot begin to comprehand life without you, this is all so unreal.

Bluelight has lost a great asset, and I've lost one of my greatest friends.

Much love to you as well Effie, you're in my heart too.

edit: can see you on my chat client now, it's too sad.

I am so so sorry effie, I don't know what more to say.

Evad was a genuinely friendly, helpful bloke, he was one of the few people on these boards that I'd really hoped to be able to meet up with one day.

He's someone I felt a "connection" with, I know we weren't friends in real life, but I really feel saddened by this. :(

I can't say anything to help you, but I am thinking of you effie, and of Evad, this place won't be the same.

Much Love to you Effie <3 <3 <3 , and to Dave's famly too <3

I'm lost for words. My heart goes out to you effie, and all his family <3. Can't believe it, known dave for a long time now and spoke to him alot and he was the nicest guy ! R.I.P dave you will be missed greatly and you leave a big hole in the EADD family :(.

ohhhhh this is terrible news. Evad helped so much when I first joined the board. RIP, I hope you are in a better place!

RIP Evad. Always gave great advice to those in need of it. So sorry to hear this.

Oh my.

So, so sorry effie. This is such a shock.

I can't pretend to know him deeply, and I'm sad I never had the chance to meet him, but I do know Dave will be an emotional and intellectual loss. He was one of life's truly gifted as far as I'm concerned.

Love to you effie <3

Love to Dave's Family <3

Respect to Dave. Travel far my friend... <3

I knew this thread was going to be posted today but seeing it just underlines the finality.

Never met Evad (though we planned to meet up soon), but never felt like that was a barrier between us whenever we communicated. Which is a rare and special thing. Rarer and more special than such a prosaic phrase can possibly convey.

So I can't begin to imagine how those closest to him feel (Effie, his close friends and family <3) but if the loss that I feel over this guy I'd only been in loose contact with for less than a year is anything to go by, well words don't do justice to the massive hole that will have been gouged into the lives of those he was around in real life.

Evad was the person who convinced me to get more involved in this forum more than anyone else did. What he saw in me I don't know, but I had / have nothing but admiration for the way he moderated this forum. Knowledgeable, funny, subtle, intelligent, and sometimes firm when necessary. I only wish I'd known him more as a person, but what I did know I couldn't fail to find likeable and fascinating.

Other than that, well...

Miss you Dave. <3

Last edited:
Wow, so many posts already..

I hope Dave knew how well-loved he was here. I am positive he did.

<3 <3 <3

My mouth was open for hours after hearing the tragic news :(
I still don't really know what to say except stating what's obvious..
You were a fantastic human, you were and still are loved by many, you were always willing to help and you will be sorely missed <3

... Lost for words again.

RIP Evad, I didnt really know him but i could see he was loved very much on the forums, proper intelligent guy, such a shame :(
I hope you are doing Ok Effie
I don't really have any more words..

When i 1st came on these boards i mean EADD , Dave was one of the 1st people to reach out and welcome me . I suffer from anxiety and addiction issues so self esteem is a problem but Dave saw past all that n just treated me how i think he would want 2 be treated as a newcomer on Bluelight.
Not m any people can do that , look past other peoples issues and be non judgemental
He saw my location and we met up a few times for a pint in Bristol , a proper nice guy.
Much love to all his family , freinds and Effie of Course.

<3 Dave
R.I.P Mate

RIP Evad, never spoken to you personally as I don't think I've been around long enough but from your frequent posts you appeared to be a great informative and helpful person. It's good to know that things were peaceful. Thoughts are with you Effie, hopefully the posts you've read already and those to come will be a long term reminder of what a well loved person he was. Always sad to loose a Bluelighter. :\

Damn this is such terrible news. RIP Evad. I hope your family and friends are coping with the massive loss :(.

RIP. Evad was always a pillar of BL in my eyes, one of the best things about this forum. My heart goes out to his friends, family, and of course you, Effie.

Effie I'm so so sorry for your tragic news.
I loved reading backward Daves posts because he was so Knowledgable, informative and
friendly.
My thoughts are with you and his family.

RIP EVAD.