• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Evad - RIP <3

I always used to be amused by how many people didn't (don't?) realise that Evad is just Dave backwards.

.vbo if you ask me

oh, and the avatar thing gets my vote. It's a nice reminder of him imo.

Just read this on FB.

Cannot beleive this. Dave u are one of the nicest people I have ever met. My thoughts are with Effie and all my BL/Brizzle mates.

x

Last edited:
Wibz, if it is too much I shall ask staff not to. It's not a problem at all. Was the way the last staff member who died was honoured, so that is why.. but the last thing we need is something bringing more pain.

Felix, I had to get Dave to explain Evad to me, haha..

Oh. F***. I'm _so_ sorry for your loss, Effie. Evad struck me as a pretty fantastic chap.

I'm so sorry.

Wibz, if it is too much I shall ask staff not to. It's not a problem at all. Was the way the last staff member who died was honoured, so that is why.. but the last thing we need is something bringing more pain.

Felix, I had to get Dave to explain Evad to me, haha..
effie, please keep the avatar idea. he would have liked that. seeing it cannot possibly upset any of us more than we are already.

and HAH! I knew it. even clever people couldn't crack the secret code. ;)

Felix, that avatar story made me blub. Thank you though.

I had my drink with Dave. He obviously was a bit slow-going, so I stood up from our bench, took the open Newcy Brown can and dripped Dave's initials on the flagstones.

I lit a fag and reached the dregs of my beer. Only one thing left to do; take the wad of toilet roll I'd carried with me, light it, and lo and behold - his initals ablaze in arsonistic light.

What do you know? The fucker knocks my can over. No contact from anythng, not even wind.

Great joke, Dave.Twat.

Luckily only a few drops drained from my can, so I was left supping the last of it on the bench. With Dave's initials dripped in Brown Ale and a fire in the middle.

I know it was squalid but It was the best I could do. I know for a fact you lked it.

Much love,

C. x

Last edited:
What do you know? The fucker knocks my can over. No contact from anythng, not even wind. Great joke, Dave.Twat.
I'm sure he would post this right now:

20110128203738!Trollface.png

dave always knew his memes and used them wisely and funnily.

*can't stop refreshing this thread* :(

<3

RIP Evad.

Effie, I am so sorry. <3 My heart breaks to think of what you're going through. *hugs*

I never got to meet him, but did have lots of msn chats. He PMd me pretty soon after I joined as we were both fucked and I was making an awful lot of mephy posts. So we got chatting on msn, just fucked banter. He was one of the earlier BLers to start saying negative things about the amount of meph I was doing, with classic bluntness. And when he was proved right and my meph abuse ended in tears, he was a really, really good mate to me -- I had some pretty dark times and he was really kind, and gave me really good advice. He wouldn't take any shit though, seemed to be able to tell the difference between when I was hurting and when I was just whinging.

Evad, mate, thanks for all the advice. Thanks for the bluntness. Thanks for everything. RIP.

Pretty gobsmacked when I read this thread title :(

I had never spoke to him personally, i'm more of a reader than a poster here but he was always helpful with his posts.

Sorry for your loss effie, my thoughts are with you. <3

R.I.P Evad
Definitely one of the good ones. One of the first names I started recognizing around here. Always nice. Always helpful. I can't believe it.
I always used to be amused by how many people didn't (don't?) realise that Evad is just Dave backwards.
It was explained to me as well.

I didn't really know you but my thoughts go out to you effie and his family.

RIP Evad

Thank fuck this isn't a thread of cliches that'd been depressing but this thread is brilliant.

Dave's clearly was such a great person. Talking in the past tense seems so surreal. This whole thing seems completely surreal. He wouldn't want me to moany cunt. He'll be taking the piss out of us soppy cunts. Only fair we return the favour.

I'm blank for what to take the piss out of but I do however remember once introducing another BLer to Dave at a party and instead of a conventional "Hello" the BLer decided to casually say "I always imagined you to be taller. You seem taller on the forum." He wasn't the "BIG MAN" as Mugz liked to refer to him as. Dave was far more caring and loving than he came across online just loved the wind up.

I've not met anyone else that knew so much over such a broad range of subjects - Talk about anything and he'd have something credible, interesting and funny to add. Not too many like Dave that could talk just as much about politics, history and philosophy as he could more importantly about reality tv (Dave - I've outted your dirty little secret, sorry about that).

I got to know Dave very well via msn/text but was also fortunate enough to enjoy his company in person fairly regularly even had a pleasure of the occasional bump and grind. I feel sorry for people that missed the chance to meet one of the best, best people that is not booty dancers.

I want him to be assured that I'll still continue to take the piss out of Riklet for being Mr Milligram, still get drunk and sing inappropriate songs and definitely make sure to dribble on things. Dave loved a dribble.

I've got so many great memories from just chilling out but even more involving silly antics and pain producing laughter. They'll be treasured forever and he'll always have an impact on my life and many others. I can only speak for myself when I say that I haven't had one night that wasn't great spending time with Dave and his lovely ladyfriend.

He's been the person I've spoke to in times of need and he'll be sorely missed. I'll have to start talking to strangers on Chatroulette for emotional support - It'll be hard work wading through all the dicks. Wahey - accidental metaphor on the limited supply of wonderful people. A difficult situation came about yesterday and I reached for my phone for advice before I remembered that this is one problem he can't with.

It's a testament to Dave the amount of people that have been genuinely affected by this horrible situation reaching people he's never even met yet able to involve emotionally is quite something. Inspiring?

This post isn't anything like I'd want. So much to say about him. I'd love to write something articulate and capture what Dave had that can't quite be described. Something special that I can't even begin to express or even put a finger on. He had it though.

It'll forever live on in memory. I hope it'll live on through others make people realise life is finite. Spend the time wisely.

Rest in cushtyness Dave. <3<3<3<3<3

Jeez, I often wondered wtf that name was all about - even after I knew his real name. What a knob I feel now. Last laugh eh? <3

He was questioned once about his name being dave spelled backwards and put it down to being the name of the first company that he worked at.

He wasn't the "BIG MAN" as Mugz liked to refer to him as. Dave was far more caring and loving than he came across online just loved the wind up.

The big boss man! That was from Mugz's first time with 6-APB - I remember it was 6-APB cos Dave said "you're benzo-furious!" to mugz, after mugz called him the "big boss man". It kinda stuck after that. Since then whenever anyone says "boss man" (happens more than you think) I have thought "they're talking about Evad".... I'll try to stay amused by that and not sad next time I hear "boss man" in some dodgy chart music.

I also had to be told "Evad" was "Dave" backwards.

Haha he loved how no one got it. He'd love the avatars too. He always wanted to take over BL :D

Sitting drinking with DS and his girlfriend, reminiscing. Have cried so much today but we have just been in hysterics remembering some of Dave's antics .. Had a really wonderful phone chat with Wibz too. So many memories. Thank you Dave <3

Samhain.. :D <3

Am treasuring these moments of respite.

Last edited:
I don't fucking believe this... when I saw on FB from a fellow BL'er that someone had passed away, my first thoughts were " I hope not another BLer". But then to discover that it was Dave... Jesus Christ, he really was one of the best of us on here. What an amazingly friendly, encouraging and above all balanced bloke, who single handedly kept this place on an even keel. Effie, I can't imagine how you are feeling but much love to you and to Dave's family. My heart goes out to you. <3

I only met him once - I think the same time Felix mentioned, and yes, he was a lot shorter than I imagined too!

Goddam it. God fucking dammit!

I am going to raise a glass to Evad. Sam, I join you in toasting a life cut tragically short.

Truly, rest in peace man.

<3