• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Evad - RIP <3

Dave, we're going for a drink. Finally. Even though you're being fucking difficult and slippery about it. You don't get away that easily.

Im just going to have another joint and finish this tin of Super. I'm really sorry; I went to the local offies and there was no K cider. I let you down. Sorry.

What I did spy though, which made me smile just a little bit, was some Newcy Brown. So I've got one for each of us in this bag. We'll go to Withngton Green - it's not that idyllic, it's near a main road and all (plus a big fuck-off hospital) but it's inexplicably quiet, it's pretty and it's a little bit magical. I reckon you'd like it.

I thought about burning a candle but you'd just end up calling me a stupid fuckin' pseudo-mystic gobshite for that, so I'll skip it. Might light a fire though; I know you'll like that.

Better fuckin' turn up too. Alright? <3
In our own way, that's really beautiful man <3

This is awful, awful news.

My heart goes out to effie, as well as his friends and family.

I was an admirer of his contributions here and always thought him a genuine and all-around great person.

:(

I'm not about here much anymore, but I got a PM from Dave a few days ago and just logged on to send him a reply, then I spotted this.

It's heartbreaking news, my thoughts are with everyone who was close to Dave.

Out of the many, many people who've posted on this board over the years, Dave was one of a small number that you really couldn't say anything other than good things about. Just an absolutely sound bloke with a heart of gold.

Fuck. I don't normally reply to these threads other than a quick "RIP" out of courtesy because (as callous as this might sound) it tends to be just a random name on the internet who I've never really spoke to & I won't think about it again after closing that thread.

I barely knew Evad but I thought about this all day, he was clearly a fucking top guy & I've spoke to him a bit through PM, he asked me a while back for my MSN address because, to quote him, we'd probably "crack on areet". I didn't & still don't have MSN running on this laptop so said I'd give him a shout when I did. I wish I'd done it sooner to get a bit more chat with the guy. As Mailmonkey said earlier he was one of the few people on here that I genuinely hoped to meet one day, as in I would have went proper out of my way to meet him. Gutted. One of the best members of this board by a fucking mile.

Can't imagine what it must be like for you Effie or for Dave's family & I really wish there was more I could say than sorry. Unfortunately there's not.

R.I.P Dave <3

Out of the many, many people who've posted on this board over the years, Dave was one of a small number that you really couldn't say anything other than good things about. Just an absolutely sound bloke with a heart of gold.

So true kappa, he really was a great guy all round.

Am going to miss all the chats we used to have. BL and the world have suffered a huge loss :(

RIP Dave <3

This really is a shock. I never met you but i have spoken with you on Bluelight. You always came across as the loveliest guy, if ever i was unsure about something you would always pop up & give me good advice, you never preached or acted the big shot, you were always just a real nice down to earth guy who just happened to be very knowledgeable. Your post were often short & to the point, but they were always kind & informative.

It such sad news, my thoughts are with your friends & family. RIP mate....... <3

This is shocking, and I still can't quite believe it. I've heard of many Bluelighters dying over the years, but Dave is the first one I've actually known, and met, and befriended, in real life. Fuck.

I don't know what to say. So this will be random and shit; forgive me, it's my first time doing this for real, I literally don't know what to say. :|

The first time I met him before a huge BL meetup, in Newcastle Railway Station in... 2005? ... I wish I'd said something a bit nicer than "fucking hell! you're TINY!" But I expected someone completely different. He did have an impressive beard though.

I'm guessing people who only know him through BL have an inaccurate image of him. He very often seemed rather gruff and didn't suffer fools gladly and might have been a bit intimidating to some. He liked to foster that image, I think. But the reality is that he was a lovely, shy, thoughtful, intelligent, sensitive and introverted person.

Did you know why he had such a ridiculous avatar?

He made a dancing 'clowncore' avatar to demonstrate his love of his latest favourite genre of 'difficult' music. One night I abused my smod powers by repeatedly changing it to Samuel L Jackson's face, just to fuck with him. Instead of getting annoyed by it, he just photoshopped them together and kept it like that, as a 'fuck you' to me. That is a completely unimportant & dull story, but it's unlikely to be ever told again. The point is, he could take it as well as dish it out, which is something I always admired about him. He always did pisstaking in an expert fashion. His sense of humour may even have been sicker than mine.

His tireless contributions to the 'elfstep' and 'flutecore' movements will never be forgotten: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXUJIYINDMQ

He is the person I've clocked up the longest mileage with on MSN by far, talking nonsense, exchanging sick jokes, and gossiping about BL for hours on end into the next day. I'm gonna miss those chats. We didn't have many since I left the staff, but now I can't have one last one? Fuck. :( At least I know that he wouldn't be offended by anything I've written here.

Obviously, he's done more work behind the scenes for EADD and BL than almost anyone will know, which kinda seems unimportant right now, but this is a huge loss to EADD especially. I always appreciated his devotion to the cause.

I've got a heavy weight in the pit of my stomach. God knows how you're doing effie, but we're thinking about you and Dave's family right now. *HUGS*

GUTTED.

Much love an ting <3

A xxx

Last edited:
Felix, thank you for that post <3

Thank you everyone infact, I've never seen a memorial thread with so many personalised and accurate responses. Dave would be made up. He really, truly loved this place..

I am not doing so well but every time I am about to break down I can hear his voice telling me to stop my nonsense (was a favourite phrase) and remember all the good times. Of which there were so many.

Well said Felix. Particularly this...

The point is, he could take it as well as dish it out, which is something I always admired about him. He always did pisstaking in an expert fashion. His sense of humour may even have been sicker than mine.

%)

that's why i felt i'd get away with typing a load of possibly inappropriate and disrespectful guff. it's pointless spouting out meaningless platitudes for someone like Dave, so let's hear other stories about him please. :)

he must have met well over 50, probably nearer 100 people from here over the years. I've never heard a bad word against him, apart from his taste in music of course.

Woah that was unexpected, RIP Dave, such an ineffectual thing to say but I'm at a loss, tragic innit.

it's pointless spouting out meaningless platitudes for someone like Dave, so let's hear other stories about him please.
exactly

He was a dab hand at extracting DMT that's not really a story but my first encounter with it came via him.

^ I just found his "Charles Manson Appreciation Society" t shirt on our bedroom floor..

In case anyone wonders what is going on with mine and mugz's avatar, some staff have decided to honour Dave's memory by adopting his avatar or a variation for a while. I am staff and have decided to do the same, especially given Felix's explanation :) <3

B9, he was also pretty expert at mescaline.. gave me my best psychedelic experience ever, we ate the mescaline, 3 hours in decided it wasn't working, took some 2c-i then.. BAM..

I have so many stories but at the moment my mind isn't working properly..

Last edited:
OH Effie i don't know what to say except that you are in my thoughts and i'm sending loads of love to you and his family. :(

In case anyone wonders what is going on with mine and mugz's avatar, some staff have decided to honour Dave's memory by adopting his avatar or a variation for a while. I am staff and have decided to do the same, especially given Felix's explanation :) <3
I can't believe I still have the originals on my computer from about 4 years ago:

samuelljacksoncoolwithg.png

I can't remember exactly what prompted that avatar change thing???

I'm sure there'll be some record of it in the EADD modthread.

I remember laughing though.

^
B9, he was also pretty expert at mescaline.. gave me my best psychedelic experience ever, we ate the mescaline, 3 hours in decided it wasn't working, took some 2c-i then.. BAM..

I have so many stories but at the moment my mind isn't working properly..

Yeah I'd imagine he would be, I can guess your mind isn't working properly it's hard to take in for me, it must be so obviously much more so for you. He was well informed, moreso than most people on bluelight (IMO) & it's that which makes it so unexpected.

So sad to read of the passing of another Bluelighter.He obviously must have been a top bloke going by the posts from those that knew him.
My condolences to his friends and family. R.I.P