• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Evad - RIP <3

I saw the thread title and thought 'no, this isn't real'.

I just cannot believe it.

It took me literally 5 minutes of battling denial after clicking on the thread to even begin reading it.

I never met the guy, but he was always really sound and extremely level headed, fair, unprejudiced, knowledgeable... the list goes on..

Fucking hell.

I'm so sorry for everyone affected by this. :(

i had the pleasure to meet Dave one night in Dublin a few years back and what struck me was how cool this chap was and how nice he was to people.

he loved music-people-a few beers-football and drugs = the perfect bloke.

A sad time for all his family-friends and bluelight.

Dave, you were amongst the best this forum had to offer. I genuinely believe that.

I've been thinking about you since the moment I heard this... and it still doesn't quite ring true.

I will be sorry that you are no longer amongst us, that you cannot offer your encouragement and insight - especially to those of us who do not overflow with positivity.

I feel like this community has been diminished by your loss. Which, of course, you would probably deny, nor appreciate the impact you have had.

But it has been diminished.

And you did have an impact.

And to that extent, you have achieved a small amount of immortality. Always with us, man.

Take it easy,
W

<3

Never met evad but always thought he was a great poster. Was at swan one night and my mate told me a few bl'ers were down there including evad. May he rest in peace.

I hope you can fulfill your wish now in the eternal hunting fields.

Rip

R.I.P Mate :( You were a fucking great person, and they're rare these days

I saw the thread title and thought 'no, this isn't real'.

It took me literally 5 minutes of battling denial after clicking on the thread to even begin reading it.

I never met the guy, but he was always really sound and extremely level headed, fair, unprejudiced, knowledgeable... the list goes on..

Fucking hell.

I'm so sorry for everyone affected by this. :(

My thoughts & words exactly, no more to add.

Effie <3 as you know I'm in Bristol, if I can help in any way physically - lifts, a bed for a night etc or otherwise, you must get in touch <3

Evad was cool. Hard to believe this. RIP!

Cornishman sums up my thoughts well.

Stunned. Very upsetting news. Had a few laughs with Dave and he struck me as a very thoughtful, funny guy. My thoughts are with his loved ones.

I don't know what to say other than me deepest condolances to all his friends and family:|

I never met Dave in person nor did I ever speak to him via PM. All I've got to go on is his posts on this public forum. Is it strange therefore that I feel a profound sense of loss? Well no, not really, Dave came across as a top bloke and was a cornerstone of EADD to me.

Bluelight has lost someone special.

Thoughts to the family and to you as well Effie. Take care.

He will forever be in my thoughts and in our thoughts and hearts. My prayers go out to you, effie, his family and friends.

I was told about this last night, and even though I have not been a regular poster of late on EADD (travelling about the Balkans) I knew that Dave would be looking after this place with the patience, dedication, enthusiasm, care and good humour he did most things with. I am still shocked and devastated. I feel like we have talked most days for a year and a half or something, and there are few people in my life who have helped me more, or been there for me more, the past year. I have lost a close friend and a confidant, a mate not just online and on the forums but a close friend who I could trust and whilst I didn't see that regularly, i felt was always there.

I will treasure the memories. Last night I could see you laughing with your amazing smirk-laugh, taking the piss in the most loving and hilarious way, and I will always remember this. Thanks for some amazing times, I feel truly privileged to have met you and become a close friend in only a year and a bit. You were the most fantastic asset to this community and to EADD in particular and the replies in this thread make that evident. I will miss the laughs, the piss taking, the jokes, and having such an amazing person to confide in, i only wish I could have been more in your life the past few months, I guess I just never really believed things could change so fast.

RIP Dave, we will remember you, thanks for everything you gave. To say you were a giving, caring person doesn't even come close.

My heart goes out to all those who are really feeling this loss, especially to you Effie. The only comfort I can find is the sound of dave joking and laughing in my head, and the thought that he would want to be remembered with joy more than sorrow.

RIP Evad

You were a thoughtful and knowledgeable contributor in many a thread. This is made evident by your popularity. The dismay expressed here in this thread shows how no one can quite believe it could happen to you. We're all just as fragile as each other...whether we deserve it or not.

No, there is nothing really you can say.

But the number of tributes in so short a time are a fitting memorial to one of the lights of Bluelight.

Dave, we're going for a drink. Finally. Even though you're being fucking difficult and slippery about it. You don't get away that easily.

Im just going to have another joint and finish this tin of Super. I'm really sorry; I went to the local offies and there was no K cider. I let you down. Sorry.

What I did spy though, which made me smile just a little bit, was some Newcy Brown. So I've got one for each of us in this bag. We'll go to Withngton Green - it's not that idyllic, it's near a main road and all (plus a big fuck-off hospital) but it's inexplicably quiet, it's pretty and it's a little bit magical. I reckon you'd like it.

I thought about burning a candle but you'd just end up calling me a stupid fuckin' pseudo-mystic gobshite for that, so I'll skip it. Might light a fire though; I know you'll like that.

Better fuckin' turn up too. Alright? <3