• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] LSD Duration

a sensation of something comes within about 45 mins for most of my friends..then about an hour-2 in it turns to the typical psychedelia experience. 10 hours from start to the start of the end...is tylipcal timing in my cicrle. with a afterglow for 6-8 hours. the next day is mostly just a new apperictiation of earth and a wish that you noticed the things you did while on acid long before or wish you kept that feeling from the last trip..

someimes a great hike in nature in public or a park is amazing! but for first timers, the outdoors can be sensoryoverload for some. I had a friend where the thought every tree was staring at him and talkig shit =D . we went inside and put on beatles and watched discovery. I went out to the fire listening to BoC and was stuck in a mindloop for an hour on "what is life" haha...eventually i looked at the tree ahead of me. and it ws the answer "at the time"...Green is life...life is green. So I pulled out my coloered pencils and all my green ones and drew trees...%) helped get out of the loop/

Haha, thinking about the trees talking shit makes me laugh! Haha in a good way :)
I would definitly agree about first times and being outside. LSD has a tendency to be overwhelming outside of you aren't prepared.

My first trip on acid was outside and I remember I couldn't talk to any of my buds I just could not get any words out at all. And I felt I was looking every where in all directions. My head was moving all over like a crazy man haha :)

If you need to trip out side it's nice to have a safe house or something near by so you can walk there. In early trips I just kept wanting to do different things, from hiking, to inside paintings, back outside, inside, haha.
:)

I was fortunate enough to take my first trip in Thailand about 20 year ago.. so the tree I was both hugging and chatting to was a palm tree :)

( Dangerous in the extreme, I've since found out, since Coconuts falling on yer head is
apparently the number one cause of death in Thailand !!.. And a bit stupid since that Thai
tree probs didn't understand much English.

♫ I talk to the trees but they dont listen to meee ♫

Last edited:
Hahaha man, is that really true?? Do that many people chill under palm trees and get nailed in the dome haha. If it's true I shouldn't laugh, but it makes me laugh a little :)

Its no laughing matter obleo. They are lethal. The Thais have a saying:

'chao buổi sáng Có gì mới không?

Which roughly translated means:

It is a foolhardy man who rides his elephant on a windy day.

Dangerous in the extreme, I've since found out, since Coconuts falling on yer head is
apparently the number one cause of death in Thailand !!

afair it's the number one cause of death after traffic accidents (if you leave out the usual diseases). i still walk quickly while under a coconut tree (and avoid it when it's windy) ;)
it's much more relaxed in india. the locals told me that in india coconuts may fall down near people, but never onto people ;)

@topic
i'd never plan any activity where i'd have to appear sober to people after an acid trip. even if the intensity drops off at the 5 hour mark (at medium doses, i've had trips where i made the contact again with reality (followed by a very rapid comedown) after no less than 12 hours), i'm usually exhausted and just want to chill or sleep for the rest of the day. nowadays i wouldn't even take acid when i had to work the next day...

I used to sunbathe under coconut trees in Thailand Black .. its insanity!!..

Yes you are right the Hindu coconut does tend to gravitate away from the passerby. I think
they are more advanced spiritually.

LSD duration

So I've taken a good bit of LSD in my day and I've been thinking about this for a while. So according to Tikal and anytime I have ever taken L before, tested and legit sources, it always lasted no more than 12 hours. I have taken upwards of 20 hits of 100 ug before with it always lasting 12 or less hours. Any information I have ever researched or heard about says that if you take enough, not necessarily a thumbprint, then you can trip for days. What does the science say about this and how true is this?

LSD like all drugs has a half life, if you take so much acid that even 1/32 of what you took would be an active dose... then you'll still have a whole shitload of LSD in your body after 24 hours and it will probably be still making you feel funny.

This is not to say that you should even attempt this as high doses of LSD can be very intense.

I have had a handful or two of LSD trips which extended into the near 24 hour mark. This was because they were a fairly high dose, hit me particularly hard, I was sleep deprived, etc.

But the peak effects have never lasted more than 8 hours, and normally it's about 12 hours for a trip on the dot.

The length of the trip doesn't seem to be much related to how much you take (unless you're talking eating a sheet or something I imagine that could last a while) -- but more about your surroundings, how much sleep you *haven't* been able to get, how much pot you probably smoked on the comedown, and a bit of luck.

Some LSD kicks in fully in around 30-45 minutes and other LSD it's almost 2 hours before you realize it's going to be good acid. I think the body is more efficient at breaking chemicals down sometimes than others.

Well the peak effects normally only last that long but the lingering after effects for me at least, last a good while longer than the initial 8-12.

The pleasant, psychedelic effects last 6-8 hours. That seems to be when your receptors stop producing psychedelic effects. Anything over this is usually just a pain in the fucking arse stimulant effect that stops you from sleeping.

You don't trip for 24 hours. But you can keep eating it and getting a stimulant effect for as long as you want. You'd be as well drinking a cup of coffee than wasting all your LSD tho.

Anyone who tells you they were seeing pink elephants for "like days on end dude" is just a bullshitter.

The time i had an lsd solution and i was laying tabs i stupidly dropped a bunch of the solution around 1 to 3 mg my mouth i tripped for a solid 13 hours with an agonizing 15 hour comedown and a long body buzzing hangover after that.

to add something it could also attribute to how it was coated in my mouth the solution was a 5:1 ratio so i had quite a bit in my mouth i may have absorbed some over time and ect. but i think this is unlikely. but most of my trips off lsd have been around 7 hours.

LSD tends to be one of the most variable drugs for me in terms of duration. Sometimes I am pretty much down by 6-7 hours, sometimes I'm still tripping pretty hard at 10-12. Dosage has an effect on this, but still sometimes low doses will last quite a long time and high doses will be over quickly.

Find it fairly amusing how some people get 'hangovers'. Some do, others never fail to get a very enjoyable afterglow. I find it hard to sleep after acid but I never feel too knackered to function. It's great :)

LSD like all drugs has a half life, if you take so much acid that even 1/32 of what you took would be an active dose... then you'll still have a whole shitload of LSD in your body after 24 hours and it will probably be still making you feel funny.

This is not to say that you should even attempt this as high doses of LSD can be very intense.

This is kinda what I mean but I'm not sure. What I'm referring to is when someone takes upwards of 10mg of dose. I've only taken a max of 2 mg. people I know and am friends with and have read on other forums about have taken 10mg or more 100+ 100 mic hits or 1000s of 40 mic hits. When they take these doses they trip for a few days, the hardest anyone could trip. When they take this amount it's called a print or thumbprint. So I would like more info on this and why it happens?

When they take these doses they trip for a few days, the hardest anyone could trip.

Nah, that's bullshit. Your brain only has so many receptors. If you take a 1000 hits of acid you don't trip a thousand times harder and longer than if you take 1 hit. Once your receptors are full the rest just floats around your system until it's pissed out.

The placebo effect will play a big part in this - if you give a big dose to someone he's going to think "I'm going to trip harder than I ever have". His imagination takes over the rest.

Can anyone find a reference to thumbprints before 2003 when that chinacat guy on shroomery made up the story?