• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] LSD Duration

Wow umm, I was just wondering. Since I done acid, people have been dissapointed in me because "drugs are bad for you" and they say I'm harming myself by doing acid.

Is there any actual health risks to lsd use?..

Wow umm, I was just wondering. Since I done acid, people have been dissapointed in me because "drugs are bad for you" and they say I'm harming myself by doing acid.

Well then you can politely tell them that they are wrong indeed! Although LSD ~can~ cause harm when used irresponsibly and/or excessively, used in moderation it is a very healthy, therapeutic, and all-around beneficial drug (in my, and many others' experience).

Is there any actual health risks to lsd use?

Yes, but not physical. The primary mental health risks include schizophrenia, which is mainly seen in users who have a genetic predisposition for such disease; and HPPD which isn't terribly common. Although there have been cases in which controlled LSD use under clinical supervision has helped schizophrenics deal with their symptoms a great deal (you can find them if you search on BL).

Last edited:
I just remembered a specific and funny effect I got from LSD once: I saw this picture:

four_eyes_illusion_1.jpg

and very shortly after I talked with my then- girl next door. She is half-asian, quite pretty, and slightly resembling the girl in the picture, which made me see the double set of mounts and eyes in her face as well lol!

^haha, when you say she resembles the girl in the pic, I hope to god you mean without the 4 eyes and 2 mouths ;DDD. Yeh sorry, I know I`m not funny ;<

Ohhh yess, nakedness and LSD go hand in hand. Specially on a sandswept deserted beach, in the middle of a hot day. Mmmmmmm. Spasm in my casm.

Anyway, re. weed with acid. Personally, i LOVE a good toke during the COMEDOWN.
For my ball/prom, i dropped, didn't sleep at all for about 32 hours, had a puff, and still managed to get WAY intense visuals. MJ is wicked for pro-longing a buzz.

The lack of sleep would partly be the reason of your intense visuals anyway. Tripping while tired just intensifies it.

wud it be a good idea for me to do weed n bickies after the come down on one tab of lsd?
first time doing lsd
and about third time doing pills (bickies)
nd like 200th time doing weed?

I have no idea what bickies are, but weed is a GREAT supplement to an acid trip. Smoke a moderate sized bowl about 7 hours into the trip, when you're coming down and you'll go right back up practically to the peak of the acid trip for the next 2 hours. It can be quite intense, though.

I feel that cannabis and LSD have a very similar headspace. It's as though LSD takes you to the same place cannabis does, but WAY WAY higher.

I have no idea what bickies are, but weed is a GREAT supplement to an acid trip. Smoke a moderate sized bowl about 7 hours into the trip, when you're coming down and you'll go right back up practically to the peak of the acid trip for the next 2 hours. It can be quite intense, though.

I feel that cannabis and LSD have a very similar headspace. It's as though LSD takes you to the same place cannabis does, but WAY WAY higher.

Agreed completely. On my last trip I realized weed "high' and acid "high" is really the same feelings and thoughts just intensified (and by intensified I mean VERY and that's what makes tripping so great). I've gotten pretty bored of weed overall because I recognize that it's an interesting frame of reference to experience life but it's just so much better while tripping.

How long does an acid trip last?

So I'm getting acid for the first time tomorrow. I already read erowid so i know how long the trip lasts but that's not what I'm asking. How long is it obvious that you're tripping for? How long do you have dilated eyes? I've done mushrooms and salvia numerous times but I'm still kind of nervous to drop for the first time. If i give myself 8 and a half hours would that be enough to come down to the point where it's hard to tell I'm tripping?

when i take 2 hits it takes about 2 hours to come up and then i trip for 8-10 hours before coming down.

Dont do acid in a situation where you might be caught. It will fill your trip with paranoia and fear and take away from the wonderful experience that is LSD.

BUT to answer your question, usually when I take acid I trip hard for a good 6 hours, with slight visuals lasting until I go to sleep. And if you can handle your shit no one should be able to know that your high anyways, hell I had a convo with my parents my first time on acid while their face was morphing/twisting.. thats when they cared about smoking weed too

For acid 8 hours works as a general rule of thumb, but it could take a bit to kick in, and if strong could leave you feeling a little stimulated past the 8 hour mark.

But it's also a good idea not to plan a psychedelic trip in a strict time envelope, if you want to take acid take it on a day where you can devote the entire rest of the day to it and not have to worry about later commitments.

I'd avoid tripping in a situation like this if you're inexperienced cause it sounds like you might have some sort of commitment whether it be a job, parents, etc. and you don't want the wrong people to find out you use psychedelics.

It really depends on how strong the acid is. Drug dealers are going to tell you that your particular trip had been blessed byTimothy Leary but the reality is you cant really tell how potent its going to be until it kicks in.

You could take a corner and fall through the doors of perception for a day and a half or you could have a whole one and be left looking through the keyhole.

Wishing you groovy vibes and positivity on your first trip :D

Its a rite of passage!

Last edited:
I noticed a nice after glow of bubbly energy for a week after off some fluff!

Ok, thanks a lot. I have to see my parents tomorrow night so i guess I'll just save it for another day when i have nothing to worry about.

Good idea.

For me, it takes an hour and a half to peak, then it diminishes after about five hours, but it still hangs around for the next sixteen hours or so. I'm still going "Life is beautiful and everything is so colourful!" while my friends are hung over and would rather not talk.

Very wise Streetlight.. acid has a tendency to magnify whatever youre feeling so take it when youve got nothing heavy on your mind :)

There's nothing stopping you have having a little nibble before you do a whole trip .. to sort
of acclimatise yourself :D

Peace n Love

Last edited:
You made the right choice! Save it until you have an entrie free day. Turn off your phone and just slip away.
If you must go in public just own it : ) LSD is amazing when you have no obligations except to have meaningful wonderful experience.

Good luck : )