Bluelight

Thread: How long does an acid trip last?

1. Collapse Details
    How long does an acid trip last? 
    So I'm getting acid for the first time tomorrow. I already read erowid so i know how long the trip lasts but that's not what I'm asking. How long is it obvious that you're tripping for? How long do you have dilated eyes? I've done mushrooms and salvia numerous times but I'm still kind of nervous to drop for the first time. If i give myself 8 and a half hours would that be enough to come down to the point where it's hard to tell I'm tripping?

2. Collapse Details

when i take 2 hits it takes about 2 hours to come up and then i trip for 8-10 hours before coming down.

3. Collapse Details

Sitting on a crystal throne in a castle made of LSD
    Dont do acid in a situation where you might be caught. It will fill your trip with paranoia and fear and take away from the wonderful experience that is LSD.

BUT to answer your question, usually when I take acid I trip hard for a good 6 hours, with slight visuals lasting until I go to sleep. And if you can handle your shit no one should be able to know that your high anyways, hell I had a convo with my parents my first time on acid while their face was morphing/twisting.. thats when they cared about smoking weed too

4. Collapse Details

For acid 8 hours works as a general rule of thumb, but it could take a bit to kick in, and if strong could leave you feeling a little stimulated past the 8 hour mark.

But it's also a good idea not to plan a psychedelic trip in a strict time envelope, if you want to take acid take it on a day where you can devote the entire rest of the day to it and not have to worry about later commitments.

5. Collapse Details

A good acid trip lasts forever.

6. Collapse Details

Drugs In The Media
    Just another bastard savage underestimating his average.
    I'd avoid tripping in a situation like this if you're inexperienced cause it sounds like you might have some sort of commitment whether it be a job, parents, etc. and you don't want the wrong people to find out you use psychedelics.

7. Collapse Details

5-6 hours for me.

8. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    It really depends on how strong the acid is. Drug dealers are going to tell you that your particular trip had been blessed byTimothy Leary but the reality is you cant really tell how potent its going to be until it kicks in.

You could take a corner and fall through the doors of perception for a day and a half or you could have a whole one and be left looking through the keyhole.

Wishing you groovy vibes and positivity on your first trip

Its a rite of passage!
    Last edited by YellowPolkaDotHalo; 28-08-2011 at 22:33.

9. Collapse Details

I noticed a nice after glow of bubbly energy for a week after off some fluff!

10. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Wiki
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_effects.shtml

taken from that great site ^ is this:

Total Duration
    6 - 11 hrs
    Onset
    20 - 60 mins
    Coming Up
    15 - 30 mins
    Plateau
    3 - 6 hrs
    Coming Down
    3 - 5 hrs

After Effects
    2 - 5 hrs
    Hangover / Day After
    - - -
    Please start at the Beginners FAQ - Read the PD Rules and BLUA - Use the Psychedelic Index and/or the advanced search engine

11. Collapse Details

Ok, thanks a lot. I have to see my parents tomorrow night so i guess I'll just save it for another day when i have nothing to worry about.

12. Collapse Details

Good idea.

For me, it takes an hour and a half to peak, then it diminishes after about five hours, but it still hangs around for the next sixteen hours or so. I'm still going "Life is beautiful and everything is so colourful!" while my friends are hung over and would rather not talk.

13. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    Very wise Streetlight.. acid has a tendency to magnify whatever youre feeling so take it when youve got nothing heavy on your mind

There's nothing stopping you have having a little nibble before you do a whole trip .. to sort
    of acclimatise yourself

Peace n Love
    Last edited by YellowPolkaDotHalo; 29-08-2011 at 21:47.

14. Collapse Details

You made the right choice! Save it until you have an entrie free day. Turn off your phone and just slip away.
    If you must go in public just own it : ) LSD is amazing when you have no obligations except to have meaningful wonderful experience.

Good luck : )

15. Collapse Details

a sensation of something comes within about 45 mins for most of my friends..then about an hour-2 in it turns to the typical psychedelia experience. 10 hours from start to the start of the end...is tylipcal timing in my cicrle. with a afterglow for 6-8 hours. the next day is mostly just a new apperictiation of earth and a wish that you noticed the things you did while on acid long before or wish you kept that feeling from the last trip..

someimes a great hike in nature in public or a park is amazing! but for first timers, the outdoors can be sensoryoverload for some. I had a friend where the thought every tree was staring at him and talkig shit . we went inside and put on beatles and watched discovery. I went out to the fire listening to BoC and was stuck in a mindloop for an hour on "what is life" haha...eventually i looked at the tree ahead of me. and it ws the answer "at the time"...Green is life...life is green. So I pulled out my coloered pencils and all my green ones and drew trees... helped get out of the loop/

16. Collapse Details

Haha, thinking about the trees talking shit makes me laugh! Haha in a good way
    I would definitly agree about first times and being outside. LSD has a tendency to be overwhelming outside of you aren't prepared.

My first trip on acid was outside and I remember I couldn't talk to any of my buds I just could not get any words out at all. And I felt I was looking every where in all directions. My head was moving all over like a crazy man haha

If you need to trip out side it's nice to have a safe house or something near by so you can walk there. In early trips I just kept wanting to do different things, from hiking, to inside paintings, back outside, inside, haha.

17. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    I was fortunate enough to take my first trip in Thailand about 20 year ago.. so the tree I was both hugging and chatting to was a palm tree

( Dangerous in the extreme, I've since found out, since Coconuts falling on yer head is
    apparently the number one cause of death in Thailand !!.. And a bit stupid since that Thai
    tree probs didn't understand much English.

♫ I talk to the trees but they dont listen to meee ♫
    Last edited by YellowPolkaDotHalo; 29-08-2011 at 23:50.

18. Collapse Details

Hahaha man, is that really true?? Do that many people chill under palm trees and get nailed in the dome haha. If it's true I shouldn't laugh, but it makes me laugh a little

19. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    Its no laughing matter obleo. They are lethal. The Thais have a saying:

'chao buổi sáng Có ǵ mới không?

Which roughly translated means:

It is a foolhardy man who rides his elephant on a windy day.

20. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    On a really windy day it would be foolhardy to sit in front of a window!

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by YellowPolkaDotHalo View Post
    Dangerous in the extreme, I've since found out, since Coconuts falling on yer head is
    apparently the number one cause of death in Thailand !!
    afair it's the number one cause of death after traffic accidents (if you leave out the usual diseases). i still walk quickly while under a coconut tree (and avoid it when it's windy)
    it's much more relaxed in india. the locals told me that in india coconuts may fall down near people, but never onto people

@topic
    i'd never plan any activity where i'd have to appear sober to people after an acid trip. even if the intensity drops off at the 5 hour mark (at medium doses, i've had trips where i made the contact again with reality (followed by a very rapid comedown) after no less than 12 hours), i'm usually exhausted and just want to chill or sleep for the rest of the day. nowadays i wouldn't even take acid when i had to work the next day...

22. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    I used to sunbathe under coconut trees in Thailand Black .. its insanity!!..

Yes you are right the Hindu coconut does tend to gravitate away from the passerby. I think
    they are more advanced spiritually.