• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC PC Gamers - Whatcha playin?

^I heard Oblivion was the best of the Elder Scrolls series. I really loved Skyrim myself.

I loved Oblivion. The game had its bugs and performance issues but the depth was extraordinary. I played Skyrim too and loved it, i might just be nostalgic for Oblivion because I have fond memories.

Sadly I've been too stupid to delve into Oblivion past the intro because I haven't had time. Between our new puppy and my 3 year old son, we have been extremely busy and thus I haven't been able to play anything really. It kinda sucks being an adult. =/

I'm playing Sims from time to time, trying my hand at some otome games right now like Amnesia, some online puzzle and slot games. I do not like fighting games and horror. I prefer something milder and non-violent. Sometimes I play fashion games aimed at girls. I guess this is not much different from other girls.

Last edited:
I was smashing Empyrion - Galactic Survival for a couple of weekends with some friends, racked up something like 50-60 hours played in 5 days. I burned out though and haven't touched it in a week or so. This typically happens with me when it comes to sandbox/voxel games where there is an enormous amount to do in an open world. I'll go hardcore for a while and then crash.

That said, pretty incredible game for only been in Alpha.

I'm back to casual games of Overwatch when I feel the need for adrenaline. I was streaming the Apex tournament in South Korea on twitch the last couple of months which made me want to play again.

Just got out of a phase of playing Skyrim pretty intensely, haven't been in the mood for anything with much action since then so I ended up buying the first Danganronpa game and trying to play through that. 10 hours in so far, it's nice to play something that keeps me occupied w/o requiring to much mental engagement but I do wish Steam would stop trying to sell me other visual novels. As a genre they seem very hit and miss.

I hate how you guys get to play all these awesome, dope ass games. Like, I fuckin' hate you for it. :!:X;)

Wish I could afford a decent computer to play shit on.... right now I'm stuck with a maxed-out RAM late-2012 mac mini, lol. Graphics card is fused to some thing or another inside the tiny thing and can't be changed out, so I've got this weak ass intel hd4000 stuck in there literally forever. That shit struggles to play even the simplest of games after a while. Been fuckin' with Mount and Blade: Warband whenever I play games on the computer lately, though. Love that game, man, think I've got like 1400 hours or some shit sunk into it.

^Heard Mount & Blade was awesome. Might have to try it now that I can spare some dough for games again.

I just doubled my PC's ram to 16gb recently, and I didn't get much of a noticeable improvement out of it, so graphics card is next. It's about time I got back to some gaming, burnt out on STO about a month back and have just been watching tv in my spare time.

^Heard Mount & Blade was awesome. Might have to try it now that I can spare some dough for games again.

I just doubled my PC's ram to 16gb recently, and I didn't get much of a noticeable improvement out of it, so graphics card is next. It's about time I got back to some gaming, burnt out on STO about a month back and have just been watching tv in my spare time.

Oh dude, Warband is fucking amazing for getting lost in a game like that. It's hard to explain but you start out as a peasant (or a bannered nobleman, if you wanna make it easy) and run around a huge map recruiting/upgrading soldiers from villages while you build relationships with the various Kingdoms until they offer you a fiefdom/vassalage or you get bold and start your own kingdom (not recommended for your first time.)

It's also from like at least 2012, maybe further back than that, so your computer should handle it perfectly. It's a hell of an immersive game, but the graphics leave a lot to be desired. Really the only time the graphics bother me is when I'm in-battle or roaming around a village or a town, but the battles are so fun and the graphics passable enough for me to just not even care about it. Like, all the possible tactical formations and strategies and randomly created maps for the battles lead to endless possibilities. Check out a video if you wanna know what I mean, but keep in mind the beginning is just homie setting up his troops in an advantageous position (though he fucked up, because his archers should've been about 50 paces forward on top of the hill instead of at the base to catch the enemy charge) while the enemy either does the same or blindly charges depending on how well that particular AI knows or feels about you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwAvZTOVSsw

But there's a new Mount and Blade about to come out, Mount and Blade: Bannerlord, so the prices are probably dropping or about to drop drastically for Warband.

Just started playing around with Endless Space 2 today, it 'officially' releases in 4 days on May 19th, 2017 but it's been in early access for a while.

I'm loving it. The soundtrack is sooo damm good. I've long been a fan of the turn based style strategy/empire/civ building games. This is a bit different as it takes place in space with colonising planets, constellations and dealing with other extraterrestrial races but it works really well.

EDIT:

Yeah as i expected I binged on this hardcore, just finished a 15+ hour straight game with a friend of mine... and we still lost. Fuck me lol.

Last edited:
Oh dude, Warband is fucking amazing for getting lost in a game like that. It's hard to explain but you start out as a peasant (or a bannered nobleman, if you wanna make it easy) and run around a huge map recruiting/upgrading soldiers from villages while you build relationships with the various Kingdoms until they offer you a fiefdom/vassalage or you get bold and start your own kingdom (not recommended for your first time.)

It's also from like at least 2012, maybe further back than that, so your computer should handle it perfectly. It's a hell of an immersive game, but the graphics leave a lot to be desired. Really the only time the graphics bother me is when I'm in-battle or roaming around a village or a town, but the battles are so fun and the graphics passable enough for me to just not even care about it. Like, all the possible tactical formations and strategies and randomly created maps for the battles lead to endless possibilities. Check out a video if you wanna know what I mean, but keep in mind the beginning is just homie setting up his troops in an advantageous position (though he fucked up, because his archers should've been about 50 paces forward on top of the hill instead of at the base to catch the enemy charge) while the enemy either does the same or blindly charges depending on how well that particular AI knows or feels about you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwAvZTOVSsw

But there's a new Mount and Blade about to come out, Mount and Blade: Bannerlord, so the prices are probably dropping or about to drop drastically for Warband.

I play that game to and only play as the rhodoks

I play that game to and only play as the rhodoks

Damn, that's lame as shit.

It's even weaker than how you're following my posts around the forum kind of like you're already familiar with me or somethin'....

Either you cool as fuck or.... or..... SHIT MAN I hope you're just awesome .

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jibult

I am sorry for interacting and wanting to share my gaming experience with a fellow fan

Okay... I wont reply to you anymore

PS lay off the drugs they make you paranoid if you over use just a little tip.