• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC PC Gamers - Whatcha playin?

I paly alot but right now im doing GTAV, WH40k:EC, Space Engineers, PAYDAY2 and CS:GO.

Age of Mythology has a new expansion out (yes, after 13 years), and it's pretty good.

I'm a console gamer, but I had to re-boot this game cause it's too much fucking fun.

On board graphics card ftw

Pwning Rocket League n00bs without ever acquiring skill, but rather force my friends to invite me to their games. Oh yeah and the DSR factor in the TASystemSettings.ini file can go up to true 8K and still maintain 100FPS, but it measures a bizarre page file memory. 64GB Page file, 7GB RAM, 11GB VRAM

I'm pretty sure that's some memory mismanagement.

I've been playing Don't Starve since Sunday. Picked it up on a Steam sale at like 85% off.

It's really hard just to stay alive in the game. Pretty fun. I'd recommend it as a damn good time-waster.

this latest Steam sale is da bomb! Lots of great older games for cheap, I got Stronghold Crusader HD (first time going for a refund, not the RTS i expected) and the Hexcells series (addictive puzzle game), and Hard Reset, some kind of cyberpunk FPS i never heard of.

Also, WTF Steam

sVq9O8U.png

I picked up XCOM 2 last Friday, I had some issues running the game and didn't get to properly sink into it until the last couple of days. I have to say I can't remember the last time I was this impressed with a game, this is such an impressive achievement in the tactical turn-based strategy genre. Fucking phenomenal.

The difficulty in XCOM 2 is insane compared to the first one; even on the lowest difficulty unless you have some experience in turn-based strategy it can be quite challenging. The one gripe I have is the time-limit missions, however this just adds an extra layer of complexity to your strategy which can be interesting.

It's somewhat overwhelming how much you have to manage even outside of the actual missions at the command center. Intel, resources, engineers, resistance comms, supplies. But with that said the replay value is immense. I think this is a game i'll be playing for a long time, especially with the mod community support for co-op.

9/10

Rocket League
CS:Source
Hotline Miami
Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Age of Mythology has a new expansion out (yes, after 13 years), and it's pretty good.

I'm a console gamer, but I had to re-boot this game cause it's too much fucking fun.

Age of Mythology! I remember the Titans expansion. That game was very fun, as was Rise of Nations, but no RTS captivated me like Age of Empires II (along with The Conquerors Expansion). I had to pick up the HD remaster on Steam since it was on sale. Microsoft made some kick-ass RTS titles back in the day. It looks like the same group of modders-turned-licensed-developers who made the unlicensed AoE2 expansion and eventually the AoE2 HD remake also made the Age of Mythology expansion pack. It's amazing what a few dedicated fans can do.

Anyone try Enderal, the free RPG built from scratch with the Elder Scrolls Creation Kit?

I played through the intro, which was pretty cool. I can't really justify investing time in an RPG now, though. Y'know, sometimes I really wish I was my fourteen-year-old self, on summer break, with no guilty conscience to stop me from staying up till 4 A.M. looting dungeons. Those were the days.

Anyone try Enderal, the free RPG built from scratch with the Elder Scrolls Creation Kit?

I played through the intro, which was pretty cool. I can't really justify investing time in an RPG now, though. Y'know, sometimes I really wish I was my fourteen-year-old self, on summer break, with no guilty conscience to stop me from staying up till 4 A.M. looting dungeons. Those were the days.

That was basically my WoW years 2004-2007 as a teenager. No responsibilities, endless time and no guilty conscious that I should be doing something else. Those were the golden years, I can never go back (I've tired) but at least I have the nostalgia to look back upon.

^ yea man, i was just thinkin how i'd love to fuck around like back in the day with some friends but it just ain't the same.

sadly i ain't playing anything on pc, just some fighting games on ps4 casual. but hope to get back into it next year, got other shit to attend to.

hopefully the future holds exciting virtual reality experiences that will rival those golden mmo years.

God.

I went back to WoW for the new expansion. I haven't touched it in almost five years.. needless to say I spent 13 hours of Sunday in-game with friends. I have not had a marathon like that in almost 10 years. My work situation has shifted from full-time to casual so I have an excess of time to sink. It's definitely not how I remember it.. but drinking all night with friends over teamspeak while levelling up in new content was a blast.

pc side of things, just reinstalled dragon age inquisition. i'ma play that shit on nightmare. lookin at origin library got the mass effect trilogy lookin like it wants to be replayed. perhaps... looking to get into something this winter casually. might even try ESO ( ikr )

I just had to clean and fill my liquid cooler, and I figured while I was at it I'd swap out my two GTX 970s in SLI for a single 1070. I know, theoretically it's a slight downgrade, but I was tired of dealing with the complications of SLI. The good news is, after overclocking the 1070, it beat my two 970s (which I never bothered to OC) fair and square in the Unigine Heaven benchmark. :) Pascal is pretty damned impressive.

Wow. That looks so fucking good. Gorgeous scenery.

What graphics card would be required to play something like this? I've currently got an i5 processor (with integrated graphics), 16gb ram and an SSD.

I haven't really played any computer games in years, but I'm currently playing FFVII on my Raspberry Pi 3. I didn't have a fucking clue what I was doing when I was playing when I was about 12, and I got stuck on the world map. Loving playing it again.

Also very much liking the look of the south park game. =D

Edit: And The Witcher 3

Last edited: