Bluelight

Thread: PC Gamers - Whatcha playin?

Page 1 of 25 123451121 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    PC Gamers - Whatcha playin? 
    Question
    I noticed we didn't have one of these threads for PC games.

But yeah, what you guys playing? I play all my games on the PC. So I tend to download games before I decided to purchase them as I don't want to buy a game that's a complete piece of crap, ie Duke Nukem Forever.

I'm playing through Deus Ex before I start playing Human Revolution (3rd game in the series). I've heard great things about this game and it should help relaunch it into a new light since the 2nd game sucked ass hard. The first game was GOTY and is down as one of the best games for the PC.

So how bout you?

2. Collapse Details

I feel like i've been waiting an eternity for another decent PC game to sink myself into; i had a chronic WoW addiction for a while so that kept me interested for 3-4 years.. the last game i really played was Dragon Age: Origins, i'm still puzzled as to how EA managed to fuck up the sequel so severely. At the moment i'm just casually playing TF2 here and there.. while i wait for Elder Scrolls: Skyrim in early November, im sure the 350+ hours of game-play will keep me occupied until Blizzard decides on a release date for Diablo 3, at which point i will no longer be a contributing member of society.

I never got into Deus Ex, but i heard alot of good things.. during my FPS days it was mainly the Half-Life series that caught most of my attention.

3. Collapse Details

Same here mala, casually playing TF2 in anticipation of Diablo 3, and also star wars: the old republic. And trying this week long rift trial. lol. Pc gaming has been in a rut for awhile IMHO.

4. Collapse Details

how is deus ex holding up? ive always wanted to give that game a spin.

5. Collapse Details

Played Silent Hill 2 (legit disc) until it refused to work anymore on my PC.

Played Resident Evil 2 (copy) until it repeatedly crashed my PC.

Back on my Xbox360....

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by atri View Post
    how is deus ex holding up? ive always wanted to give that game a spin.
    Just finished the first one.. installing 3rd now

I'll probably be on Tiny broadcasting the gameplay

7. Collapse Details

Working through Human Revolution, pretty epic for a modern FPS.

8. Collapse Details

Lately I'm getting back into BZFlag, an old-time favorite. If you can get past the fact that it's not about graphics or realism, it's got a LOT of strategic depth, and I'm still discovering new tactical layers after playing the thing for years.

Also, Nehrim -- a free total-conversion of TES IV: Oblivion. These developers basically took the Oblivion engine and everything that made that game so great, tweaked and improved a lot of elements that Bethesda failed, and built an entirely new world that is in many ways cooler than Tamriel.

Having some fun with Bastion, too.

9. Collapse Details

LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. its free, and balanced even if you dont spend money. 12 million subscribers, a TON of tournaments for it. Surprised none of you mentioned http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news

Its a very competitive game, like starcraft 1 and 2. Its a DOTA clone, if you ever played that (speaking of DOTA, DOTA2 comes out made by valve soon.). One of the few that will keep you playing all night. Its online multiplayer btw.

10. Collapse Details

Anyone play Nexuiz? Probably not, but I recommend it, its a very complete and well balanced FPS that is open source and free to download

11. Collapse Details

^ I used to play that game!

12. Collapse Details

Had to give up on League of Legends. Unless you're willing to find a bunch of friends to play with, or atleast another person to dual queue with (for ladder), you cannot hope to have a good experience in the game. The very game mechanics make it so that the team with the worst player WILL lose. It is 100% guaranteed due to snowballing xp, gold, items, and the 5v5(5v4 when you got a baddy) nature of the game. I have probably seen like 1 game in 100 result in a comeback after the 15 minute mark if a team is down on kills. And I've played hundreds of games.

I can see it being a blast with a core group of friends in a competitive environment. But to come home to and play with random pick up groups after work? F that. Even winning feels lousy because you know that the only reason you won is because their Teemo was 1-9.

I'm sure many people love it but I just couldn't deal with it anymore.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by silentangst View Post
    Working through Human Revolution, pretty epic for a modern FPS.
    For sure.. So far one of the best games I've played and I've played just about every major release this year

14. Collapse Details

I got Warhammer 40000: Spacemarine goin down right now in TinyChat

It's a pretty good game so far

15. Collapse Details

Team Fortress 2
    Minecraft

16. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sports & Gaming
    Sober Living
    New Member Introductions
    The Lounge
    tfc.

17. Collapse Details

bro you HAVE to get a better craptop.. I wanna play TF2 with you lol

AND DESTROY YOU!!

18. Collapse Details

Any idea when Dota 2 is coming out ? can't wait.

19. Collapse Details

When I went through my little nerd phases my game of choice was Counter Strike: Source. I made close to ~3000$ from lan tourny's and such. Too bad the game died =\

20. Collapse Details

I'm interested on how the new CS is gonna be like

21. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sports & Gaming
    Sober Living
    New Member Introductions
    The Lounge
    dude talk me through an upgrade, im sure they make laptop graphic cards i can use? thats really all i need. since i'm always on the go, and dont wanna leave shit like that sitting out.
    i did a little cs 1.6 earlier, everytime i try to join a server or press 'v' on my keyboard i end up joining a dust2 server? i dunno if i need to reset my keyboard or wat. shit sucks :/.
    dota is a pretty sick game, dunno when 2 is comin out, look it up on g4.com page.

tfc is crazy while tripping! like the walls in dustbowl, it was cool man. lol.. yeah i need an upgrade

22. Collapse Details

most laptops have the Video Card built into the mobo

so you're SOL there.. some of the more expensive gaming tops allow you to change "cards".. but normally you can't and stuck with what you got.. the common upgrades to a laptop are the HDD and RAM.. everything else with either too expensive to replace or built into the device

you can get a serious decent laptop for gaming for under 500$

23. Collapse Details

I have not heard of a new CS coming out? When I was playing CS regularly they talked about re-amping 1.6 with something called CS(Promod). When I was playing counter strike I was considered an expert, and if your familiar with the leagues on there. I played Cal-invite for 5 years, as well as Cevo-Professional. Great times with that game, met a lot of cool people.

Was someone asking me for my help with an upgrade? If you need help with anyone shoot me a PM I will be more then happy to answer your questions. I know computers very well, especially for gaming

24. Collapse Details

Currently waiting for Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 to arrive in the mail. Felt like going back to some old games from when i was a kid.

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Opaner View Post
    I have not heard of a new CS coming out? When I was playing CS regularly they talked about re-amping 1.6 with something called CS(Promod). When I was playing counter strike I was considered an expert, and if your familiar with the leagues on there. I played Cal-invite for 5 years, as well as Cevo-Professional. Great times with that game, met a lot of cool people.

Was someone asking me for my help with an upgrade? If you need help with anyone shoot me a PM I will be more then happy to answer your questions. I know computers very well, especially for gaming
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Page 1 of 25 123451121 ... LastLast