Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DMAA, Geranamine - Pure legal RAGE

Renz Envy

Bluelighter
I ordered 5 grams off amazon of DMAA, geranamine. A chemical used in most popular work-out supplements like jack3d. Or weight-loss pills. You're probably getting ripped off taking these "supplements". Just buy the straight chemical, it's legal and cheap online. Should last you a few months.

Anyway...

Day 1:
25mg

5 minutes after scooping it into my drink I feel the effects. A mild burning sensation in the gut, increased willpower to move around. It feels as if sitting down is uncomfortable. Moving around and working out feels absolutely godlike.

2 hours later I am officially off the drug. No noticeable comedown. I am impressed with this product.

Two weeks later:
75mg

5 minutes after scooping 40mg into my drink I feel an insane burst of energy. I leap out of my chair and start clapping my hands around my room. I blast music as loud as I can. I cannot stand still.

I scoop another 35mg in and quickly make my way to the gym.

35 minutes: I can recall the feeling as to having zero sense of pain while working out. The burn of lifting weights feels euphoric, ADDICTIVE. I can't stop lifting. People are staring at me probably thinking, "Wow this guy goes fucking hard."

40 minutes: I'm making up new lifting techniques. A similar phenomenon to me making up new dance moves on MDMA. Personal trainers in the gym are watching me.

1 hour: I'm suddenly in an intense, angry mood. I feel happy, but it's a form of rage and happiness. I want to beat my knuckles into something, but not for any particular reason. I feel no feelings of anxiety at this point, I feel like going home from the gym would be best as my work-out is complete. As I walk home, I have the urge to scream and punch objects, but my logical mind keeps me from taking part in delirious activities.

1 hour 30 minutes: I have an intense will to cause pain to myself throughout this time period. I have masochistic mind. Pain seems to be a strange perverse pleasure. I have never experienced this before.

2 hours: I still feel the effects. The comedown is nothing. It simply feels like I'm slowly going from being incredibly angry to normal. This drug is not for the weak minded in high doses.

Conclusion: When I ordered this drug I expected something soft. Mildly uplifting. Not a stimulant that rivals the increased energy on something like cocaine or an amphetamine. Not to mention the strange euphoria I experience while causing pain to myself. I will continue using it, but I fear that my increased energy levels will have unintentional catabolic effects and I am trying to put on mass.

Work-out rating: 9/10

Party drug: 6/10 (Have mixed 25mg with alcohol. Offset the depressant effects of alcohol and did little to deter the alcoholic euphoria.)

Warning Do not attempt to insufflate DMAA. It is incredibly painful. I can promise you, your eyes will water. It's like trying to snort a habanero pepper. It's absorbed very nicely orally.

I used C4 for a while, I'm not sure how much DMAA was in each serving tho. I liked it better than non DMAA pre workout supplements like N.O. Plasmacore or N.O.Explode

It feels as if sitting down is uncomfortable.

This is the reason why I stick with only d-amp as a stimulant of choice; d-amp never makes me feel that way.

I have ADHD so it is important for me to feel comfortable on a drug I am using.

At 25-50mg of DMAA I feel much more comfortable. I'd definitely call this a masochistic drug in high doses.

I'm a huge fan of D-amp myself, however I am not currently diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. I'd rather sit down and talk to people, study or draw while on D-amp than go to a gym.

This Methylhexanamine stuff rivals a steamy pile of crap by itself, I don't feel any kind of potentiating effects when high doses of caffiene are added to the mix.. Maybe if it's mixxed in equal ratio with meph, will it suffice... o_O

DMAA is like opening a can of whoopass, right? it's really good for exercising, heh.

DMAA is a mild and useful stimulant

I've experimented with this drug recently and get quite the opposite of rage from it. I find its a pretty negligible effect on its own, although in my experience some caffeine fills the gap and creates a very nice synergy. It's kind of like a psuedo amphetamine, it makes caffeine much more clear and lucid, less twitchy and confused. I find about 40mg DMAA + 125mg caffeine to be a very enjoyable boost when I'm tired and need to get things done. It's great for focusing and I also have a wonderful time conversing with people on it. It has a hint of an MDMA type body high on the skin and maybe a small hint of empathogenic effect although I find with daily use these effects dissipate quickly. Keep in mind I say a hint of these MDMA like effects because if you take this drug expecting to roll you will be very dissapointed, and increasing the dosage will only lead to massive headaches and nausea. Also redosing too much in one day can lead to irritability.

I do it about once a week as a sort of fun motivator to enjoy a productive day. I can't tolerate real amphetamines, they make me far too manic and then I get incredibly irritable and anti-social when they come down and experience an extreme craving for sedatives, they also reek havoc on my body and make it impossible to eat. This drug is a great compromise, because caffeine by itself definitely keeps you awake but it doesn't necessarily increase focus which is what I'm really looking for. I can also eat fine on it and get to sleep reasonably easy. Also comparing the DMAA molecule to the amphetamine molecule, it is basically missing half the benzine ring, an interesting structure activity relationship. I wonder what N methyl DMAA would be like.

Last edited:
DMAA should be taken as recommended. According to recent medical studies on the effects of DMAA(http://www.la-press.com/hemodynamic-...-article-a2947), DMAA was declared to be a safe, naturally occurring compound that is taken from geranium oil and the plant. It is a main ingredient in various "pre-workout" stimulants, and it does not cause adverse side effects. It is actually compared to drinking 2-3 cups of coffee. Of course, like any stimulant, it is important to take the recommended dose and no more. Also, it should not be mixed with additional stimulants like caffeine.

Go to *snip this is an ad site* for more information on proper DMAA intake as well as links to the studies mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sampled this for the first time tonight before going to the gym. ~35mg. God damn, I was not ready for what happened next.

The first time you lift on this, it will feel like the best workout of your life. It was shoulder/trap day and I absolutely destroyed every single lift. Like Renz Envy stated, it's a mix of euphoria and pure rage. This shit is nuts. First impression was Okay, this feels like an amphetamine, but instead of going to the library to read every book, I want to deadlift the actual library.

First lift was the barbell military press. I load up the weight I failed at on the 6th rep the previous shoulder workout and pumped out 10 solid reps! Threw 5lbs on each side and put up 10 more reps! Put 2.5lbs more on each side and got 8 reps! I didn't want to risk injury, but I probably could have pushed my 4RM on military by about 15-20% if I wanted to. Truly unreal.

A similar thing happened for every single exercise.

I also go that "better than an orgasm" feeling when throwing heavy weight around. I had never felt anything like that before, but it was really something else. I'm never going to come close to matching this next workout if I don't dose it again.

Which I don't think I will, because there are a lot of negatives. I did get a little bit of amphetamine-like euphoria, but it felt impure because of the rage that was also going on. I also felt like I had a really short temper once I left the gym. It was extremely difficult for me to stomach my post-workout shake and then a small meal, as this really does suppress appetite. I took it 5 hours ago and I am still feeling all physically worked up, but the euphoria is gone and it feels not unlike an amphetamine crash. Though I probably feel like I am crashing more than I am because I've been reading about DMAA crashes online for the past hour.

As well, I could easily see someone getting used to lifting on this and then not ever wanting to lift without it. Which I could, in turn, predict it destroying a few people's fitness lives. Maybe lower doses are different, but one would have to really plan one's life around this if it were to be used somewhat regularly, not unlike respecting a steroid cycle. I just don't think I could do this every workout. I might only use it again if I ever plateau on simply cannot get anywhere with all of the traditional plateau-breaking ideas. I'll keep it in my back pocket "just in case."

I really hope this slows way down soon, as I cannot be up all night. I have serious stuff to do tomorrow.

I also note that this really turned my sex drive on. Though I felt like I'd probably accidentally break a girl in half if I even attempted to have sex with her.

---

This was good as a novelty, and if I ever need to beat a man to death with my bare hands, I will first take it. But the cons definitely outweigh the one pro (that it feels absolutely incredible to throw heavy weight around a gym for hours). I would definitely not suggest that people throw down high does of this for recreation, as it pales in comparison to the classic stimulants, and I could see the rage aspect of it getting a person into trouble in a social setting.

This was NOT what I was expecting on a typical Wednesday night!

Last edited:
Haven't experienced any rage, or masochistic elements from DMAA, like spacehead I've found it quite mild - in small doses (under 50mg) though have found an definite energy boost from it. I'm planning on testing this out more for running, though I'm going to keep away from larger doses.

I have tried this once mixed with sulbutiamine in relatively high doses (~150mg each, very roughly) and found it very amphetaminey (though I don't have much experience with that), very good energywise while running but once done with the exercise I was quite unfocussed, found it very difficult to concentrate & had a head buzz for a long time afterwards. Also experienced some dizzyness after about 45 min (& 5m run) after ingesting these & had to take a break. I'd advise to be very careful if mixing these 2 & don't go for such high doses.

The "masochistic" tendencies of this drug have nothing to do with its innate properties and everything to do with the masculine insecurities of the culture surrounding male fitness in an era of obvious female ascendancy. (OK I don't know if this is you but Christ meatheads are sad [and I say that as a 15 year long weightlifter]).

Sorry man, it doesn't follow...

What's a gym trip thru adrenaline pump to do with female rise?

I look forward to your enlightened discourse. So much to learn, so much to learn.

I think what he's getting at is that the drug doesn't cause rage in itself, more brings out any underlying personality traits or emotions that have been pent up. Alcohol is a good comparison - alcohol doesn't cause people to become angry or violent, but certain types of people will become angry or violent when drinking (and even use it as an excuse for the behaviour). Cocaine and most other stimulants do this too.

There's a lot of insecurity, anger and other issues amongst bodybuilders and weightlifters (speaking as a lifter myself). I wouldn't necessarily say it's caused by any female ascendancy, more by the importance Western culture places on physical appearance, strength and masculinity in men. If you have any security issues around these traits - and who doesn't to some extent? - then this might be the kind of drug that brings them out in angry form.

Masochism can be an expression of self-loathing or powerlessness, and rage or violent impulses are a common way to relieve frustration.

Probley your observations bear some truth mr. Happy.

though i would like to draw a line between one who uses a gym as an outlet for his frustrations and one that uses a hotel room next to a woman who rent by the hour.

Yeah dmaa is good stuff, though I've only tried it in the workout supplements. (1MR). I think that the ingredients in it (or at least the caffeine) have a synergistic effect. I've noticed that you can get a good buzz from just taking it without working out, but working out on it seems to somehow enhance the effects. I guess I wouldn't really consider it for recreational purposes, more so for working out.

Ditto about DMAA and working out. It's exactly like the OP Renz Envy sez, there's almost no pain in the workout and you can grind way harder than usual.

I have PEA (phenethylamine), hordenine, and DMAA combined in capsules, which I created from bulk powders of each. I read about this stack on a body building forum. Basically it works like this:
PEA - naturally occurring chemical that gives strong and clear energy lift without caffeine jitters
hordenine - MAO-B inhibitor (necessary for making PEA active!!!!! Doesn't have to be hordenine, there are others...) Also a bit of a stimulant itself.
DMAA - you're already in that thread so I won't carry on.

My ratio is about like this: 8:2:1 so for example a capsule might contain 400mg PEA, 100mg hordenine, 50mg DMAA. This is a good workout stack. It's also pretty amazing to have a cap sitting by your bed and to take it on an empty stomach when you wake up. Before long you're pumped to get out of bed and get your day going, HOWEVER my experience is that I crash pretty fast. Like, this morning I took the stack capsule and it was effing brilliant as always for about 15 minutes while I was making coffee and breakfast, but by the time I was half way through eating my hot cereal and having had one cup of coffee, I wanted to crawl back into bed and sleep. This is not the desire effect.

I've read reports from others saying that PEA lasts a few hours for them. Huh... Not sure what I'm doing wrong. And Renz Envy sez the effects of just the DMAA lasted a couple hours. I'm not a stimulant abuser so this isn't a tolerance issue, I guess maybe I just don't respond well to stims. But on the 2 or 3 occasions when I have gone for a workout right after taking DMAA alone or in the stack with PEA and hordenine, it was magic. I just have to be careful not to overdo the workout; I'm 55 and not in great shape, so too much of a good thing leads to a lot of a bad thing, like nausea, muscle pain, headache, high blood pressure, and maladaptive earlobe syndrome.

PEA & any MAOI-B (like Hordenine or deprenyl) has effect lasting way less than an hour for me, your stack sounds interesting but the crash is a definite downside. Have you had the crash on every occassion or just when you've not gone for a workout just after taking it?

I've been taking DMAA, Tyrosine & Caffine, 50mg each, for the past few weeks prior to running and found it a good mix, good deal of energy after running but manageable and I've managed to push my distance & pace way up in a short time. Think I'm going to stick with this mix as its working well.

DMAA is pretty good as a workout stimulant -- better than low dose ephedrine I'd say. I don't get nearly the boost a lot of the posters in this thread are reporting, though, at least not at 50 mg with caffeine (I have no stimulant tolerance either). To me it feels like a more peripheral methylphenidate. I certainly would not use it recreationally. I once tried it on the down slope of a propylhexadrine session (which is basically like a meth bomb E pill to me because I lucked out with the right physiology for it) and got a serious headache from the resulting high blood pressure. It may have just been an interaction with the particularly vasoconstrictive propyl, but I'd suggest starting very low if anyone out there is thinking about using it as a cheap booster to amphetamine stimulants (or esp. mephedrone, again because of the vasoconstriction).

I've seen it sold alongside other "legal highs" on shitty vendor sites at ridiculously inflated prices. It was around $20 for 200 25mg capsules when it first started being sold by weightlifting supplement sites and it's probably less now, so anyone reading this who's new to it don't go getting ripped off by going to the wrong site. (I assume this isn't price discussion because DMAA is legal and I wouldn't get edited for talking about aspirin or television prices, right?).

Last edited:
i took this a couple of times before. but one time recently i took it without knowing how much mgs i put in my shake. Boy it was one of the best workouts of my life. However how i felt afterwards i would never want to feel like again. It made me experience some really weird emotions, especially toward females, i cant really put my finger on it. But it made me exetremely desperate.

Not to ention afterwards i was really tired after my workout, but maybe that was normal. anyway i slept overnight, and woke up the next morning still feeling the effects of dmaa. I could not get a hard-on for shit, and my genitals literally shriveld up inside my body. I felt like shit for the next couple of days. to me the great work out is not worth the feelings afterwards