• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How many Mg of Methadone to get high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broke31

Greenlighter
I've never tried methadone before and have 40mg of it. im wondering if this will get me high and if the high is like other opiates such as percocet ect. i have decent tolerance to opiates like 80-100mg of percocet to feel amazing..thanks in advance

80-100mg of Percocet eh? You mean oxycodone. Percocet is an oxycodone/APAP combination product, so that means you're probably destroying your liver if you're consuming 80-100mg of oxycodone in the form of Percocet.

yes i mean oxycodone but i always say perc instead of oxycodone for some reason...anyway have any input on the question?

I'd avoid methadone to get high tbh, and be very careful with the dosage. 40mg can kill someone with no tolerance, and cross-tolerance is a tricky thing to measure correctly. So much so, I'm not all that comfortable giving a comparable dose tbh.

try about 20-25 mgs and rember that methadone has a very long half life and if you not careful you can easily OD or have some respitory problems...somebody i knew was pretty hard on shit but definatly didnt think much through anyways long story short...she took way too much methadone not even respecting the half life and then started mixing in the klonopins anyways she ended up in the hospital got her stomach pumped and all that lovely shit...came out the hospital and her dumb ass popped more ended up right back in...so do what you will cuz personally i like methadone alot, just be responsible

Check out an opiate dosage conversion calculator (such as the one in my signature - but there are many, many others available online, just do a Google search).

Methadone is a special case, however. It comes on very slowly and sometimes that causes people to re-dose thinking they haven't taken enough when in reality their first dose hasn't even kicked in yet. Sometimes it can take hours for the effects to manifest themselves. Start low and be careful with your dosing.

It's a dirty high for me, though I have a skyhigh tolerance to all opi's. I could take 100+ mg. dose, it's just not worth the
after affects...only kills a little pain for me.
Some people find it very effective for their pain condtitions I knew after a few weeks
it wasnt for me, 20 mg's - 100 mg's it didnt matter I could tell I was heading to zombieville
But I am glad it does work for many with chronic conditions.

Last edited:
Methadone is not a drug you wanna have a good time on. It doesnt make you feel anything like hydrocodone or oxycodone.

I have been taking methadone for 3 years for a bad pain issue and i know one thing i can be real bad news if you don't know what you r doing i would hold onto it or just take 5-10 for a REAL pain issue cause it can shut your breathing OFF like a light switch if you don't have a tolerance - i have given 2.5 mg to the wife and it mess her up a little about a 5-6 on the 1-10 scale -- just be careful it's given to patients with an existing tolerance. M.

<mod note- this post is left as-is but the dose advice is dangerous -- Pegasus>

Methadone gets demonized an undeserved amount on this board.

If you have a 100mg tolerance to oxy drop 25-30mgs of methadone. Chances are you are going to be pretty underwhelmed with that in terms of euphoria. This is a 'harm reduction' website though so I can't give you a recommendation I would normally give someone in your position.

What I can say is I have seen at least 4 completely opiate naiive individuals ingest 20-25mgs of methadone and be totally fine. That is an anecdote from someone on the internet, so take it how you will.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Nope, it's not an unfair amount. Even the narcotic converters warn that methadone is a special case and dosing should be started very low.

I know it's a little late but I'd say 15-20mg is probably what you'll end up needing.

What I can say is I have seen at least 4 completely opiate naiive individuals ingest 20-25mgs of methadone and be totally fine. That is an anecdote from someone on the internet, so take it how you will.

20+mg methadone to an opiate naive person is bullshit. That's highly lethal and you're either exaggerating or extremely lucky that you haven't seen an overdose. 10mg could potentially kill an opiate naive person.

Last edited:
^^^^ Id say 10mg plus a 1-2mg xanax...... (mod edit: this is very dangerous) nonethless methadone is some powerful shit.. I would never give opiate naive more than 10mgs in a 24 hr period... IMO if you have no tolerance methadone is one of the greatest highs..

Back in the day i took 15 mgs once and was high for 2 days straight.. Too bad now tolerance that low is gone for good..

Nonetheless if i could get on methadone i would in a heartbeat; but i;d have to get it perscribed off label for pain; fuck going to the clinic

Last edited by a moderator:
Mixing methadone and benzodiazepines (Xanax etc) is hazardous especially in naive users - lots of people have died that way due to respiratory depression.
Even 10mg alone would kill a naive or lightweight person. I would reccomend no more than 2.5mg-5mg for a first timer, just to make sure that there's no bad interactions.

Not everybody likes being fucked up for 24 hours plus.

If you have a 100mg tolerance to oxy drop 25-30mgs of methadone. Chances are you are going to be pretty underwhelmed with that in terms of euphoria. This is a 'harm reduction' website though so I can't give you a recommendation I would normally give someone in your position.

Yeah right...............NO WAY is an opiate naive person gonna be able to handle 20-25mgs of Methadone!

Mixing methadone and benzodiazepines (Xanax etc) is hazardous especially in naive users - lots of people have died that way due to respiratory depression.
Even 10mg alone would kill a naive or lightweight person. I would reccomend no more than 2.5mg-5mg for a first timer, just to make sure that there's no bad interactions.

Not everybody likes being fucked up for 24 hours plus.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

100% correct!

Ive taken Methadone twice, first time was 5mgs & I thought is was a bit over powering me off & on. The second time I only took 2.5mgs & that was good enough for me, I enjoyed it & this was after using opiates for over a year for pain. Methadone is no joke, it can be deadly if you get carried away with it.

^^^^ id say 10mg plus a 1-2mg xanax...... (mod edit: This is very dangerous) nonethless methadone is some powerful shit.. I would never give opiate naive more than 10mgs in a 24 hr period... Imo if you have no tolerance methadone is one of the greatest highs..

Back in the day i took 15 mgs once and was high for 2 days straight.. Too bad now tolerance that low is gone for good..

Nonetheless if i could get on methadone i would in a heartbeat; but i;d have to get it perscribed off label for pain; fuck going to the clinic
hell no do not mix benzos with methadone ever!!!!!!! I would say 15mgs should be about right start slow with done and space re-dosing by at least 24hrs

Last edited:
my whole point was showing how dangerous it is... lol Maybe i worded it bad but i was referring to the above post..

I never said take methadone with benzos its prob the leading cause of OD

I'd be really careful with that. If you don't have a tolerance, a very small dose could make you OD. I wouldn't do it period, but if you have to, start small, like maybe 5 mg. and see how you feel. Give it a little while to kick in. My mom doesn't do drugs at all and one time I gave her a couple milligrams and she was completely out of it. lol..

That's HORRIBLE advice. If it wasn't, this many people wouldn't have disagreed with it... someone with no tolerance would definitely fall out if they took 20-25 mgs.. bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.