Bluelight

Thread: How many Mg of Methadone to get high?

1. Collapse Details
    How many Mg of Methadone to get high? 
    I've never tried methadone before and have 40mg of it. im wondering if this will get me high and if the high is like other opiates such as percocet ect. i have decent tolerance to opiates like 80-100mg of percocet to feel amazing..thanks in advance

2. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    80-100mg of Percocet eh? You mean oxycodone. Percocet is an oxycodone/APAP combination product, so that means you're probably destroying your liver if you're consuming 80-100mg of oxycodone in the form of Percocet.

BDD Guidelines! - BLUA - BL Search! - Conversions for Opiates & Benzos - Save Your Liver Do a CWE

3. Collapse Details

yes i mean oxycodone but i always say perc instead of oxycodone for some reason...anyway have any input on the question?

4. Collapse Details

I'd avoid methadone to get high tbh, and be very careful with the dosage. 40mg can kill someone with no tolerance, and cross-tolerance is a tricky thing to measure correctly. So much so, I'm not all that comfortable giving a comparable dose tbh.

5. Collapse Details

try about 20-25 mgs and rember that methadone has a very long half life and if you not careful you can easily OD or have some respitory problems...somebody i knew was pretty hard on shit but definatly didnt think much through anyways long story short...she took way too much methadone not even respecting the half life and then started mixing in the klonopins anyways she ended up in the hospital got her stomach pumped and all that lovely shit...came out the hospital and her dumb ass popped more ended up right back in...so do what you will cuz personally i like methadone alot, just be responsible

6. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Check out an opiate dosage conversion calculator (such as the one in my signature - but there are many, many others available online, just do a Google search).

Methadone is a special case, however. It comes on very slowly and sometimes that causes people to re-dose thinking they haven't taken enough when in reality their first dose hasn't even kicked in yet. Sometimes it can take hours for the effects to manifest themselves. Start low and be careful with your dosing.

BDD Guidelines! - BLUA - BL Search! - Conversions for Opiates & Benzos - Save Your Liver Do a CWE

7. Collapse Details

Chronos Square, Crown City (in the house of blue light)
    It's a dirty high for me, though I have a skyhigh tolerance to all opi's. I could take 100+ mg. dose, it's just not worth the
    after affects...only kills a little pain for me.
    Some people find it very effective for their pain condtitions I knew after a few weeks
    it wasnt for me, 20 mg's - 100 mg's it didnt matter I could tell I was heading to zombieville
    But I am glad it does work for many with chronic conditions.
    Last edited by Fire&Water; 26-08-2011 at 08:45.

8. Collapse Details

Methadone is not a drug you wanna have a good time on. It doesnt make you feel anything like hydrocodone or oxycodone.

9. Collapse Details

I have been taking methadone for 3 years for a bad pain issue and i know one thing i can be real bad news if you don't know what you r doing i would hold onto it or just take 5-10 for a REAL pain issue cause it can shut your breathing OFF like a light switch if you don't have a tolerance - i have given 2.5 mg to the wife and it mess her up a little about a 5-6 on the 1-10 scale -- just be careful it's given to patients with an existing tolerance. M.

10. Collapse Details

<mod note- this post is left as-is but the dose advice is dangerous -- Pegasus>

Methadone gets demonized an undeserved amount on this board.

If you have a 100mg tolerance to oxy drop 25-30mgs of methadone. Chances are you are going to be pretty underwhelmed with that in terms of euphoria. This is a 'harm reduction' website though so I can't give you a recommendation I would normally give someone in your position.

What I can say is I have seen at least 4 completely opiate naiive individuals ingest 20-25mgs of methadone and be totally fine. That is an anecdote from someone on the internet, so take it how you will.
    Last edited by Pegasus; 26-08-2011 at 05:01.

11. Collapse Details

^Nope, it's not an unfair amount. Even the narcotic converters warn that methadone is a special case and dosing should be started very low.

I know it's a little late but I'd say 15-20mg is probably what you'll end up needing.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by onetwonine View Post
    What I can say is I have seen at least 4 completely opiate naiive individuals ingest 20-25mgs of methadone and be totally fine. That is an anecdote from someone on the internet, so take it how you will.
    20+mg methadone to an opiate naive person is bullshit. That's highly lethal and you're either exaggerating or extremely lucky that you haven't seen an overdose. 10mg could potentially kill an opiate naive person.
    Last edited by Pegasus; 26-08-2011 at 05:43.

13. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    ^^^^ Id say 10mg plus a 1-2mg xanax...... (mod edit: this is very dangerous) nonethless methadone is some powerful shit.. I would never give opiate naive more than 10mgs in a 24 hr period... IMO if you have no tolerance methadone is one of the greatest highs..

Back in the day i took 15 mgs once and was high for 2 days straight.. Too bad now tolerance that low is gone for good..

Nonetheless if i could get on methadone i would in a heartbeat; but i;d have to get it perscribed off label for pain; fuck going to the clinic
    Last edited by sekio; 26-08-2011 at 05:46.

14. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    Mixing methadone and benzodiazepines (Xanax etc) is hazardous especially in naive users - lots of people have died that way due to respiratory depression.
    Even 10mg alone would kill a naive or lightweight person. I would reccomend no more than 2.5mg-5mg for a first timer, just to make sure that there's no bad interactions.

Not everybody likes being fucked up for 24 hours plus.
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28

15. Collapse Details

If you have a 100mg tolerance to oxy drop 25-30mgs of methadone. Chances are you are going to be pretty underwhelmed with that in terms of euphoria. This is a 'harm reduction' website though so I can't give you a recommendation I would normally give someone in your position.

Yeah right...............NO WAY is an opiate naive person gonna be able to handle 20-25mgs of Methadone!

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sekio View Post
    Mixing methadone and benzodiazepines (Xanax etc) is hazardous especially in naive users - lots of people have died that way due to respiratory depression.
    Even 10mg alone would kill a naive or lightweight person. I would reccomend no more than 2.5mg-5mg for a first timer, just to make sure that there's no bad interactions.

Not everybody likes being fucked up for 24 hours plus.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

100% correct!

Ive taken Methadone twice, first time was 5mgs & I thought is was a bit over powering me off & on. The second time I only took 2.5mgs & that was good enough for me, I enjoyed it & this was after using opiates for over a year for pain. Methadone is no joke, it can be deadly if you get carried away with it.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cire113 View Post
    ^^^^ id say 10mg plus a 1-2mg xanax...... (mod edit: This is very dangerous) nonethless methadone is some powerful shit.. I would never give opiate naive more than 10mgs in a 24 hr period... Imo if you have no tolerance methadone is one of the greatest highs..

Back in the day i took 15 mgs once and was high for 2 days straight.. Too bad now tolerance that low is gone for good..

Nonetheless if i could get on methadone i would in a heartbeat; but i;d have to get it perscribed off label for pain; fuck going to the clinic
    hell no do not mix benzos with methadone ever!!!!!!! I would say 15mgs should be about right start slow with done and space re-dosing by at least 24hrs
    Last edited by traybuck; 26-08-2011 at 06:07.

18. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    my whole point was showing how dangerous it is... lol Maybe i worded it bad but i was referring to the above post..

I never said take methadone with benzos its prob the leading cause of OD

19. Collapse Details

I'd be really careful with that. If you don't have a tolerance, a very small dose could make you OD. I wouldn't do it period, but if you have to, start small, like maybe 5 mg. and see how you feel. Give it a little while to kick in. My mom doesn't do drugs at all and one time I gave her a couple milligrams and she was completely out of it. lol..

20. Collapse Details

That's HORRIBLE advice. If it wasn't, this many people wouldn't have disagreed with it... someone with no tolerance would definitely fall out if they took 20-25 mgs.. bad idea.

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    20+mg methadone to an opiate naive person is bullshit. That's highly lethal and you're either exaggerating or extremely lucky that you haven't seen an overdose. 10mg could potentially kill an opiate naive person.
    I'm not exaggerating.

I have no reason to lie. I don't know anyone on this board, I have no reason to wish harm on anyone here.

Those are my experiences, not advice.

Do what you will. I stand by my statements.

22. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    from my experience 2.5mg methadone equals about 15mgs of oxy give or take

23. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I'm not exaggerating.

I have no reason to lie. I don't know anyone on this board, I have no reason to wish harm on anyone here.

Those are my experiences, not advice.

Do what you will. I stand by my statements.
    First of all, I want to let you know, Onetwonine, that my upcoming response is not at all aimed at you personally. The exchange you've had here illustrates a much larger issue on Bluelight.

The fact is, if you look at the number of views and responses for posts on this site, there often ends up being several hundred views to every 10 posts or so on a general dosing topic like this. Which mean that the vast majority of people reading this are probably not active Bluelighters - more likely they are young or inexperienced potential drug users with questions.

And on Bluelight, you get a lot of different responses and answers. There are a lot of brilliant and educated users on here who are willing to share their knowledge and experience. And there are a lot of people who brag about how ridiculously large their tolerance is, and people who tell others that they should "just eat" that 100mcg/hr fentanyl patch, and people who swear that anyone who takes their drugs in any way other than IVing is wasting their gear. The fact is, there is a lot of "advice" that pops up on here that, if taken literally by an opiate-naive person, would kill the reader.

It's only my opinion, but I worry about those anonymous readers. Yeah, it's stupid to take random advice on potentially lethal topics. But we all know that users do incredibly irresponsible and stupid things. I'm sure your statements are true, and I don't think you intend any harm to anyone, but there's this issue of not knowing who is reading this and how much common sense they have.

24. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    Okay, time for this thread to close I think~

Good Advice(tm): Start small. 2.5mg or less for naive users.
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28