• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

I'm reading Green Arrow volume 2: Here There Be Dragons
The next actual book on my list is Shadowland by Peter Straub. I can't say how good it is at this point, but Ghost Story by him is amazing

Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn.

The original episode 7 published back in 1991. It is so. Damn. Good. I now refuse to accept the new Disney crap as part of the official canon, even though they own it. And put their damn trademark on the back of the book.

Disney's extermination of the Expanded Universe and re-branding of it as 'Legends' outside the official canon was possibly the worst crime in the history of fantasy.

"Written in my Soul" by Bill Flanagan

(A book of interviews with famous songwriters/musicians like Elvis Costello, Paul Simon, Pete Townshend, etc.)

Recently read Provenance by Caroline Kepnes, and it was very good. Tortured romance with a mystery element.

Currently reading Ohio by Stephen Markley. So far, so good.

LOTR is beyond my taste in fantasy I guess (in books that is...). Couldn't stick with it. About to rewatch them now. Saw them as a kid.

Now reading Original Tao.

I had started the third book in a trilogy: Pattern Recognition, Spook Country and Zero History.
I liked the first two. This one is bad in an exemplary way. I had about 20 minutes of reading left to do and put it off for-ev-ER!

Now, I'm going to read an inspirational book instead of watching This is Us. It's the lesser of two recommendations. :|

been stuck on Possession by byatt for too long because, even though the main narrative is enjoyable, i cannot make myself read the poem. especially after so many pages of letters. these poems and letters are fictious artifacts of the story. reminds me of Pale Fire, which i also got stuck on (and never finished).

"His Bright Light" by Danielle Steele (for the ten thousandth time!)

It's a biography of her son Nick Traina who was a gifted musician (Lead singer/songwriter for Link 80 and Knowledge) but suffered from bipolar disorder and sadly committed suicide at the age of 19. I'm actually thinking of writing her and letting her know how much I appreciate the story, because I can definitely relate to it.

Just finished A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson.

A fascinating read, albeit a little depressing.

Currently reading Golden Son, book 2 of the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown. Really awesome blend of ultra sci-fi and GOT style fantasy, far in our future when we've conquered the solar system and installed a brutal feudal caste system. The writing falters periodically- the author utilises deux ex machina tricks a bit, but its an exciting read.

Also reading 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari. Cannot recommend this author enough, he's an Israeli historian exploring all sorts of topics. Written 3 books with Sapiens being one of the most compelling science books I've read. Check him out, a very insightful and thought provoking author.

Currently reading the Prose Edda. I've been wanting to get into norse mythology for a while, and I think it would give me the best start.