• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

I think you would be pleasantly surprised; you can pick it up and read through it like a novel, it flows wonderfully =)

I just started Isaac Asimov's Foundation series. This is my first foray into this particular genre of literature, and it came well recommended from my father among many, many others. In fact, it was the winner of a special Hugo Award for Best All Time Series in the realm of science- and fantasy-fiction, winning over such works as those of Tolkien, Burroughs, and E. E. Smith.

Asimov is widely considered a master of hard science fiction and, along with Robert A. Heinlein and Arthur C. Clarke, he was considered one of the "Big Three" science fiction writers during his lifetime. - Wikipedia

Has anyone here read this particular series? I'd be very interested to hear some Bluelighters' opinions on it. Thanks guys.

WP

Last edited:
^ no haven't heard of the Foundation Series, but it does sound interesting...
:)

I think you would be pleasantly surprised; you can pick it up and read through it like a novel, it flows wonderfully =)

Hmm, alright pk, I'll take your word for it ?

Please get it, it's worth it!

Seriously I haven't found a poet I've loved more than Liam Rector.

I don't even live in America, but reading his poems I feel as if I've lived there my entire life.

He is amazing.

Please get it, it's worth it!

Seriously I haven't found a poet I've loved more than Liam Rector.

I don't even live in America, but reading his poems I feel as if I've lived there my entire life.

He is amazing.

hehe alright, ill buy a copy actually, I don't like getting books from the library(very thankful but its gross!), movies are different...

^... I see what you did there, and meet your transgressions half way, with a heart fearful only of the lack of one.

;p
<3

I like conversations with you, they're subtle, pleasant kinds of mind-fuck =)

I like conversations with you, they're subtle, pleasant kinds of mind-fuck =)

lmao
Good deal...

What I am reading, Reconstruction, is not so subtle...
"among nations, no one has more need of full knowledge of itself, than the US,
and no one has hithero had less. It has hardly had a distinct consciousness
of its own existence."
- Orestes Brownson

Gravity's Rainbow! Gravity's Rainbow! And "Signs and Symptoms: Thomas Pynchon and the Contemporary World", which contrasts Pynchon's brand of postmodernism with Nabokov's. Nabokov is my favorite author in the world.

Lolita or Pale Fire. Lolita has the most semblence of a plot, and Pale Fire has the best prose (but a ridiculously convoluted plot).

His books are, at their core, stories ABOUT prose itself. Lolita follows Humbert Humbert's attempt to "paint the bars of his cage" and impose the fairy tale ideal of a lost love onto the story of his child molestation. Pale Fire is about a guy named Kinbote's commentary on a poem by a guy named Shade. It devolves into stories about his life and a fictionary kingdom and king. And that's about as much as I can say.

Spent all day at the library today, read the book "Thousand Cranes" by Yasunari Kawabata.

It was a good day, the book was great.

Gravity's Rainbow! Gravity's Rainbow! And "Signs and Symptoms: Thomas Pynchon and the Contemporary World", which contrasts Pynchon's brand of postmodernism with Nabokov's. Nabokov is my favorite author in the world.

On Nabokov, I've read 'The Eye', but it was a couple years ago and I was mostly drunk. I do remember liking it though, in a strange way. On Pynchon, I bought a used copy of 'Against the Day' a few months ago but I'm still waiting to pick it up.

Kafka at the moment.

Just got home from the book store, could not find any Liam Rector (soon enough)
;)

I did pick up Nabokov ADA, and the Wilhelm/Baynes XIX I Ching, though.

Two people are outwardly separated, but in their hearts they are united, confucius says this.