• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

Winter_discontent.JPG

xx

Dostoevsky - The Double

Liking it very much. Nice balance of intriguing plot and typical Dostoevskyschina. The paranthetical philosophical asides are much more succinct than they will be in, say, The Brother's Karamazov.

Ralph Ellison - Invisible Man
LOVING it after the first 100 pages. Once he gets to New York, it's nearly impossible to put down. Unfortunately, assigned reading has forced me to put it down. But I MUST NEEDS finish it.

Anybody read David Foster Wallace?

I almost bought 'Infinite Jest' today, but I just wasn't ready to commit to an 1100 page book that reads like a 10000 page one...

I haven't read any Wallace but I want to. I'd like to start with Interview With Hideous Men.

I clicked on this thread in my subscriptions and it took me to the last post of the first page, which is this...

I started Infinite Jest awhile ago and was really into it [though it is a dense, heady tome] but then my commute went from an hour and twenty minutes to twenty minutes so it fell by the wayside. Now that winter is coming and Martin's tale won't last forever, I am going to tackle DFW's opus in full. Good Omens is fantastic.

...bluelight is becoming conscious...

I'm studying My Bible, James Joyce's Finnegans Wake, book, audio & online, & i'm also reading Karl Jansen M.D., Ph.D. Ketamine: Dreams and Realities.

I almost picked up 'Infinite Jest' again today. I stopped and read a couple pages of it and laughed out loud. But then I decided I still wasn't ready to commit to it, so I picked up Cathedral by Raymond Carver. Continuing my Carver-kick.

Currently reading Darling Jim by Christian Mörk. Not a very good one but I can't afford being picky with books with my current income.

i just finished orwell's 1984 so i started dante alighieri's inferno, both are the 2nd time around.

I've gotten into Ellen Hopkins lately, its written with poetic style and such intensity. I'm on my first book, "Crank" and i'm reading glass right now. such great books she has written. they're definitely and an easy read.

The Executive Director of the Fallen World.

It's a collection of poetry from Liam Rector.

He has a very interesting style, predominantly 3 line stanzas.

A great contemporary American poet.

The Executive Director of the Fallen World.

It's a collection of poetry from Liam Rector.

He has a very interesting style, predominantly 3 line stanzas.

A great contemporary American poet.

lol hmm, might have to check em oUt,

Could get annoying though
:/
:p

Maybe....

and a lil bit of The Poincare Conjecture
(in search of the shape of the universe)

Donal O'Shea

some one changed his name on the innercover to LO'Shea
haahaah