Bluelight

Thread: Propylhexedrine

1. Collapse Details
    Propylhexedrine 
    I heard you can get high from breaking open Benzedrex inhalers and eating the cotton inside. I had a few questions about it like how much of the cotton i have to eat and if it would be possible to get the Propylhexedrine into a different form like powder.

2. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Wow so that's what kids are doing these days. Why can't it still be harmless snorting pixie sticks and sniffing sharpies like the good ol days

3. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    Please let's keep this to constructive discussion. These inhalers have been abused ever since the good ol days of Benzedrex amphetamine inhalers.

Propylhexidrine is a relatively lame stimulant, though it is better than pseudoephedrine or the L-methamphetamine in Vicks. It's kind of pointless to have purified P.H. cause its a controlled substance... unlike DXM.
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28

4. Collapse Details

I was into speed and i have been desperate enough to do this.

There is 250 mg in the cotton. That is a pretty big dose. The best bet, if you are going to do it, is soak the cotton in orange juice or water with lemon juice to get rid of the horrible taste. Then you throw the cotton away. If you know how much liquid you had you can guesstimate the doseage.

This is used as a weight loss drug in Europe at doses of 25 mg i have heard so that gives you an idea. Other people will cut the piece of cotton down into 4 or 5 pieces and eat them but its bad for you to eat cotton it can mess up your digestive tract. Not to imply that taking drugs is GOOD for you, but cotton is not either.

Speedwise, its harsh. Its certainly not as pleasant as crystal meth, cocaine, or ADHD meds. But it is stronger than caffiene and it is speed. The comedown is sort of harsh.

I cant recommend it but i know how desperate a fiending speedfreak can be. This one has been terribly desperate at times, but thanks her lucky stars she has never got ahold of some of these new things like MDPV etc...apparently they are super, super addictive and that would NOT be good for this speedfreak. She is lucky to have gotten away from the dope at all.

Be safe and if you are going to do this start with a LOW dose.

5. Collapse Details

what are the effects of it though ive read threads where some people say its like a weak MDMA is that true?

6. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Other Drugs
    It's probably closer to ephedrine than anything else.
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules

7. Collapse Details

There are lots of threads on this - Do a search. I did when I "found out" about this. This substance is worth little IMO and feels "dirty".

8. Collapse Details

What Sekio said.

Go to CVS and purchase Bronkaid (ephedrine). Take 2, you'll feel fine.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CB101695 View Post
    what are the effects of it though ive read threads where some people say its like a weak MDMA is that true?
    Absolutely not.

It's more like ephedrine (as sekio said). Or amphetamine or other stimulants, only with more peripheral sideffects and less focus.

10. Collapse Details

One note, just because this doesn't have strong "central" effects does not mean you wont develop a psychosis from staying up using this shit. The time I did was around christmas and this concrete santa statue started dancing around and looking up girls skirts at this bar I was at - this was a shared hallucination, too, among many people all strung out on propylhexedrine.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by muvolution View Post
    One note, just because this doesn't have strong "central" effects does not mean you wont develop a psychosis from staying up using this shit. The time I did was around christmas and this concrete santa statue started dancing around and looking up girls skirts at this bar I was at - this was a shared hallucination, too, among many people all strung out on propylhexedrine.
    really.

12. Collapse Details

''One note, just because this doesn't have strong "central" effects does not mean you wont develop a psychosis from staying up using this shit. The time I did was around christmas and this concrete santa statue started dancing around and looking up girls skirts at this bar I was at - this was a shared hallucination, too, among many people all strung out on propylhexedrine.''

And how much did you take for that to happen?

13. Collapse Details

Chronos Square, Crown City (in the house of blue light)
    Quote Originally Posted by CB101695 View Post
    I heard you can get high from breaking open Benzedrex inhalers and eating the cotton inside. I had a few questions about it like how much of the cotton i have to eat and if it would be possible to get the Propylhexedrine into a different form like powder.
    Nasty shit dude, just the thought of the smell almost makes me blow chunks. Please put it outta' yer' thoughts.

14. Collapse Details

probably 9-10 inhalers broken open and cooked down to freebase propylhexedrine which we were.... freebasing. for days and days.

15. Collapse Details

How old were you at the time? Just wondering!

16. Collapse Details

21 or 22.

17. Collapse Details

probably 9-10 inhalers broken open and cooked down to freebase propylhexedrine which we were.... freebasing. for days and days.

and how do you go about freebasing the inhalers?

18. Collapse Details

there is not really any harm reduction value in me telling you.

19. Collapse Details

so are you going to say how?

20. Collapse Details

In Your Nightmares. Taking Your Bull By The Horns
    there is not really any harm reduction value in me telling you.
    yeah there is.. he could do it wrong and dose too much unknowingly or some stupid shit lol, rule of thumb: don't think people are smart (no offense to the person asking)

but than again i see where you are coming from.

21. Collapse Details

It is quite complicated and would involve... manufacturing drugs basically.

no, I'm not going to tell you. Like I said, there is no HR value in me detailing a process for extracting p.h. from these things. soak a cotton in coca cola and then drink some if you really want a buzz.

22. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HdoubleODeezy View Post
    yeah there is.. he could do it wrong and dose too much unknowingly or some stupid shit lol, rule of thumb: don't think people are smart (no offense to the person asking)

but than again i see where you are coming from.

I do see your point but to be honest im probably just going to find out how to
    do it anyways
    But im not going to try it if it seems to difficult or easy to mess up

23. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Other Drugs
    Okay, fine, here's how you do it.

1. Propylhexidrine washed out of cotton with slightly acidic water
    2. Basify with NaOH or similar and extract into toluene, naptha, dichloromethane with a sep funnel or what-not (this is "freebase propylhexidrine" - probably an oily liquid)
    3. (probably) Gas the resultant with HCl or treat with acid and evaporate to recover propylhexidrine acid salts.
    Last edited by sekio; 28-08-2011 at 08:29.

24. Collapse Details

and you can eat/snort these salts?

25. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Other Drugs
    I agree with the majority that you should just soak a cotton in cola if you want effects.

If you can't understand what freebasing is, or how salts would be active, we're not going to hold your hand and help as you refine psychotropic substances out of fucking cold inhalers (presumably to sell). Sorry bro.