• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

BDD Social/Info Booth v4.0 --- Fresh Out The Loony Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it raises the question. Begging the question is a kind of fallacious circular reasoning.

Courtesy of your friendly neighbourhood pedant.

HaHa...well I can appreciate your logic. Right you are good boy, right you are. If my core belief system weren't intelligently challenged here I wouldn't frequent this place so much.

Guys & Gals I need your 'professional' opinion...

About three weeks ago I stopped taking Wellbutrin (150mg/day). I had only been on it for about 70-80 days but I stopped it cold turkey because it was giving me really bad chronic headaches, and just made me feel like crap.

Ever since stopping it, symptoms have worsened and persisted for 3 weeks. The following is a list of those symptoms:

-Absolutely ZERO energy
-Headaches
-Decreased appetite
-Thermal system out of whack (I'm cold almost always)
-Night sweats
-Skin hypersensitivity
-Drastically reduced physical stamina
-Sporadic nausea

Question is...has anyone else experienced these types of symptoms when coming off an antidepressant? And if so, how long did they persist?

Guys & Gals I need your 'professional' opinion...

About three weeks ago I stopped taking Wellbutrin (150mg/day). I had only been on it for about 70-80 days but I stopped it cold turkey because it was giving me really bad chronic headaches, and just made me feel like crap.

Ever since stopping it, symptoms have worsened and persisted for 3 weeks. The following is a list of those symptoms:

-Absolutely ZERO energy
-Headaches
-Decreased appetite
-Thermal system out of whack (I'm cold almost always)
-Night sweats
-Skin hypersensitivity
-Drastically reduced physical stamina
-Sporadic nausea

Question is...has anyone else experienced these types of symptoms when coming off an antidepressant? And if so, how long did they persist?

Wellbutrin [bupropion] is a non-typical antidepressant (in the world of SSRIs anyway). It is a norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor (NDRI). It is actually technically a stimulant as well as an antidepressant. Because of its method of action, its withdrawal can be pretty bad, and what you're describing does sound like NDRI withdrawal. I'm not very well-versed in NDRI withdrawal but it is similar to general stimulant withdrawal, hard to tell how long it will last, however.

I can tell you that a friend of mine was on a similar dosage that you were (150mg a/day, I believe in XR form but I could be wrong) and they had withdrawals that lasted about 3-4 weeks, and were similar to yours. However, they have (and had) a Dexedrine [dextroamphetamine] prescription, and pretty much treated the Wellbutrin WDs with the Dexedrine, since it is an even more powerful stimulant and counteracted the drop in dopamine and norepinephrine. My friend hasn't touched Wellbutrin since, mainly because the withdrawals were so bad, and Dexedrine produces the same result and has a much shorter withdrawal syndrome (at least in their case, I'm not saying you should go start taking amphetamines to fix this issue).

Does your doctor know you've stopped taking it? Cold turkey withdrawal from Wellbutrin could be dangerous, I've heard of people having seizures from stopping cold turkey (they were on a higher daily dose for months so I don't think you're in danger of that). Perhaps mention to your doctor about the headaches and how you stopped cold turkey and are now in WD? They may be able to taper you down slowly to minimize the withdrawal symptoms.

Good luck!

Does your doctor know you've stopped taking it? Cold turkey withdrawal from Wellbutrin could be dangerous, I've heard of people having seizures from stopping cold turkey (they were on a higher daily dose for months so I don't think you're in danger of that). Perhaps mention to your doctor about the headaches and how you stopped cold turkey and are now in WD? They may be able to taper you down slowly to minimize the withdrawal symptoms.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like what I'm experiencing is normal. I haven't told my Doc yet...but it appears the symptoms are relenting a little today. I feel somewhat back to normal.

For anyone considering Wellbutrin be advised -- it's withdrawals suck big time, so do a taper, or have another substance on hand to help ease the symptoms. I found Lyrica and Kratom very helpful to treat most of the Wellbutrin withdrawal symptoms.

Really glad you are starting to feel better! I agree that it does sounds like WDs from a NDRI.. would encourage you to let your doc know you've stopped it and consider if you need anything instead, am really sorry it didn't work out for you :( how are you feeling head-wise? <3

really glad you are starting to feel better! I agree that it does sounds like wds from a ndri.. Would encourage you to let your doc know you've stopped it and consider if you need anything instead, am really sorry it didn't work out for you :( how are you feeling head-wise? <3

ha! I <3 you guys. I'm sorry it didn't work either - actually it DID work for about 45 days and then the side effects overcame whatever benefit I was gleaning from it.

Head-wise I'm feeling a lot better today, thanks for askin'!

What's up BDD peeps? It's quiet in here today.

Isn't it? I'm doing fuck all.. hoping to be opiated soon though!

Tis 18:08 in the UK, what time is it there? Time zones do my head in :D

It's 11:27 in my neck of the woods. You and me are separated by a big pond and a helluva lot of jet lag. =D

I'll be opiated here in the next 30 minutes...hooray!!

Me too - double hooray!! :D

What's your opiate of choice tonight?

Helloooo BDD!

I have had a pretty darn busy day, but I'm done with all my chores and its only 1:36pm (eastern U.S. time, just to mess with ya effie, whipped dream is 2 hours behind me!), but I took another 10mg mixed amphetamine salts (d/l-amphetamine, Adderall), finished my chores and then the Adderall hit me, I guess it was a placebo effect since I thought the 20mg I took this morning wore off. I ate a sandwich and tried out my new HR vitamin setup (for taking amphetamines):

2000mcg Vitamin B12
1250mg Magnesium oxide (I know its the least bio-available form of magnesium, which is why I'm taking so much)
5 Fish oil capsules
Two regular old multivitamins (store brand version of "Centrum Silver")
750mL water to wash it all down, gotta stay hydrated!

I waited about 10 minutes, then sublingually administered 0.5mg clonazepam and I'm about to pack a bowl of high potency cannabis. I took Tums (calcium carbonate) with my first Adderall dose this morning to decrease the excretion rate and make it last longer and its certainly working. I took a 750mg tablet. I've found that with 1500mg or so, it almost feels like I'm doubling my amphetamine dose.

Last edited:
Helloooooooo!

That's an awesome BL post, full of HR and words like "excretion rate" and "sublingually administered"

10 house points for NT! :D

Hell yeah!

I've noticed that, of all the things listed there, the fish oils and magnesium help the most with softening the amphetamine comedown. I took a month break from amphetamines over the summer and the first four or five days were pretty blah, not really depressing but certainly filled with lack of motivation and extreme hunger. I started taking fish oil and somewhere between 750 and 1500mg magnesium oxide and it fixed me right back up. Certainly worth having on hand if you take stimulants. :)

Fish oil is something I have been considering for a while. I'm veggie, but there is more and more evidence about how vital it actually is..

Ahhh. Nice and chilled now :)

How are you doing, Whipped?

Evenin peeps. Tryin to decide should I get stoned first then go for a beer or get drunk now and have a smoke after. Life is hard.

Interesting I'll look into the fish oil stuff. I've used it before when I wasn't on any meds and didn't notice anything but maybe it can be helpful now.

I dunno maybe it's just me be but I've never noticed any difference in anything using supplements. I take magnesium because in theory it helps but I've never noticed any decrease in edginess or jaw clenching. There's one that I really like it's a mix of of different herbs/vitamins to support adrenal glands during periods of stress. But aside from that I've always been kinda disappointed.

I had to take heaps of magnesium to notice a difference.. a lot of supplements might not make you feel better but might be helping to protect your insides :)

I take B-vits as am a veggie and don't always have a varied enough diet if I am tired from work etc.. got some lush fizzy orange vits <3 hehe

Evenin Legerity btw (or whatever-the-fck-time-it-is-where-you-live ;) ) nice to see you popping in here again! :)

Evening effie :) It's only about 2:30PM here. And I suppose protecting the insides is a good thing even if I don't feel it!

About to head out to for a coffee and to do some reading. Living the lazy life.

Oh, man, we just had an earthquake here. Cell phone networks are down and my Internet seems to be getting sporadic but damn!

Status
Not open for further replies.