• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

got 3 orange 40mg oxycontin pills. should i chew them or snort them?

Anon54

Ex-Bluelighter
I remember reading that they've made em impossible t break the time release
because of the pill binders would will i waste them by snorting them?

i love snorting those oc40 tabs, you can crush them into like one perfect line each....

technically eating them is the way to go, but i love the buzz from snorting them... or snorting two and eating one as is for the extended release

Either oral or snorted will work fine, just remember that you have to crush the pills first if you want to take them orally.

I remember reading that they've made em impossible t break the time release
because of the pill binders would will i waste them by snorting them?

I think what you're referring to is the new oxycontin pill's which have apap in them to prevent abuse, being branded 'OP' instead of 'OC'. I don't think we have them in Aus yet so you'll be fine. I ALWAYS snort them, as it gives the best buzz and chewing them tastes like absolute crap!

Even after crushing and eating them, I don't find the buzz anywhere near as good as when you snort them.

Id say insufflation or plugging. Oral is good too but I personally get nauseous that way.

purely for HR's sake if your into that shit..

Alrighty, let's see if I can remember. I'm not an expert but I think it goes something along the lines of the following. This is all assuming you want to shoot a small quantity of pills (ideally one). I have no idea whether the "slow release" aspect will change the method, maybe check the other drugs forum if unsure:

Equipment:
* Clean working surface,
* Alcohol Swabs,
* Cotton Filters (standard ciggie filters that come in sharps kits),
* 1 x 1ml syringe with needle/tip (standard 27 gauge insulin syringe from exchange),
* 1 x 3ml syringe without needle/tip (this is what you're attaching the wheel filter to),
* 1 or 2 attachable neelde/tips for 3ml syringe (see below),
* 1 x micron filter (e.g. wheel filter). The exchange should have several different sizes. I believe you want a medium filter for pills, the finest (0.22 microns?) is great for removing all bacteria etc but will clog with pill binders so you need the next one up. If you want to be doubly safe you can do sequential filters using a finer wheel filter each time. If in doubt as to which one to get just ask the people at the needle exchange,

* Either 1 or 2 spoons (Here you have a choice, you can either filter the pill through the wheel filter and out into a second sterile spoon, then suck that up into the 1ml syringe for injection, or you can get a needle/tip to attach to the filter and bypass the second spoon, taking the plunger out of the 1ml syringe and filtering through the wheel filter straight into the back of the 1ml syringe).

* something sharp and sterile to remove coating from pill (knife, razor blade, etc),
* sterile water, either in an ampoule from exchange or use tap water that has been boiled and left boiling for a few minutes, and then cooled back to room temperature,

Method

1. get all equipment ready and sterilize everything with alcohol swabs, wash hands and use hand sanitiser etc,
2. remove coloured, waxy coating from your oxy/s,
3. crush into sterile spoon number one,
4. add enough cold water to dissolve, stir with something sterile (e.g. cap from syringe),
5. prep the wheel filter, to do this you will need to draw some water into the 3ml syringe (without needle/tip), attach the wheel filter (take note of how you screw it on, they work in one direction only), and very gently push the water through to wet the filter,
6. remove wheel filter from 3ml syringe, attach needle/tip,
7. draw dissolved pill solution into 3ml syringe through a cotton filter,
8. reattach wheel filter,
9. slowly and gently push solution through filter either into the back of the 1ml syringe or into spoon number two from which you can draw it into the 1ml syringe... whatever's easiest. If you're going straight into the back of the 1ml syringe you'll probably need to attach a second sterile needle/tip onto the front of the wheel filter otherwise it's just too hard to aim and get it in. You can do a second filter through a finer micron filter if desired,
10. swab injection site and blast away.

Of note: do NOT under any circumstance apply heat when dissolving the pills. You will get zero additional oxycodone in the solution but will get additional dissolved binders.

stay safe :)

Just to clarify, the 'coating of the pill' isn't actually just the coating, it's a complete wax matrix throughout the entire tablet.

Rubbing the coating off with an alcohol swab works fine for removing the chalky outside layer, and makes for easier crushing. These pills don't readily dissolve, but the actives do.

IIRC the oral bioavailability of oxy is much higher than the insufflated bioavailability, so tooting it wont give you nearly the same effect as just eating it.

Oxycodone can be administered orally, intranasally, via intravenous/intramuscular/subcutaneous injection or rectally. The bioavailability of oral administration of Oxycodone averages 60–87%, with rectal administration yielding the same results; intranasal varies between individuals with a mean of 46%.[25]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxycodone

whats with bluelight and people being so willing to jam things up their asses.

Yes the oral b/a is higher, but the effect is not the same. Take this into account.

My comment was more of a joke.

If I can't slam it, i'd plug it though to be honest. I mean shit it's a little discomfort to save you a lot of cash and give you a way better high.

Hey Anon54, what's your tolerance like? For someone with zero opiate/oxycodone tolerance 40mg would very possibly see you hugging the porcelain throne. If that's the case maybe try crushing and snorting a 1/2 pill, and then a 1/4 pill at a time after that spread out a little until you get to where you want to be. As mentioned OC has a high oral bioavailability but a bit more of a rush & kick when snorted or booted... though also wears off a bit quicker those ways I've found.

My comment was more of a joke.

If I can't slam it, i'd plug it though to be honest. I mean shit it's a little discomfort to save you a lot of cash and give you a way better high.

I agree with this. Plugging is the way to go.

i hve no tolerance to oxy
i 40mg today & has barely done anything. chewed it

the reason they dont work is because ima regular codeine user.
honestly ive this 40mg only feels like 400mg of codeine

i ODed last night. took 160mg felt hungover horribly this morning. that why ive only taken 1 today just to kinda ween down.

im not overly impressed with oxy. codeine although weaker has better feel & doesnt make me feel like thowing up.
I think codeine is better than what ppl give it credit for

ppl say its weak cuz they probably use it all the time or ahve like a 80mg/day oxy habbit
if someone wirth no tolerance took 400mg of codeine. they be feekin pretty damn good

like i said im not impressed with oxycontin. hydrocodone i didnt feel. codeine is ok but still very weak. didnt feel morphine hardly at all.

id prefer to take benzos by a long shot. i find benzos more euphoric. nut im someone who has axmnety

if rather a 2mx xanax than 40mg oxycontin. benzos just dont have the side effects opiates to..

temazepam does northing. i barely feel 150mg. i barely feel 80 of diaz to & im scared to start using xanax again.
to me 80mg diaz makes me feel the most normal without the nausia or drowsiness

oh & is snorting oxy styronger than taking it orrally? & does it help resuce nausia?

^ I agree codeine is better than many people give credit, but oxy is a very enjoyable opioid in its own right in my view.

Snorting oxy is weaker than taking it orally, it has like half to two thirds the bioavailability of taking oxy orally but many find it more enjoyable due to its faster onset, in my view it hass a speedier high than when used orally. I like to eat a decent oral dose then rack some lines when it kicks in to get the best of both worlds, the truth is if you snort ALL your oxy you are wasting some but if you eat all of it you are probably not going to get the same euphoria.

I don't like to chew pills to bypass time release mechanisms anymore 'cause I always feel as though bits stick to my teeth and the crushing combined with the moist environment keep alot of the time release particles stuck together. These days I like to crush my OC really fine like I am about to snort it and then bomb it in a tally ho and for me this is how I get the best effect from oral oxycodone.

You might try an antihistamine to help out with the nausea if it is a concern for you. Doxylamine succinate is a good one in my experience, behind the counter at any good pharmacy as a sleep aid under the brand name 'Restavit'.

If you want to reduce nausea you need to dose with an antihistamine, promethazine and doxylamine succinate both work perfectly.

That said, some people just don't like opiates, they're a bit of an acquired taste sometimes.

yeah it's weird . juding by there effect. i dunnow how ppl would get addicted to them. theyn really have some nasty nausa dide effect. & leave ya a little hung over the next da. I throw up last night. after taking 4 or em. i ods & felt so shit this morning. had to take just 1 to sort of ease my way of it (40mg)

I never get a hangover from benzos. & i actually find the w/d to be fairly subtle beleive it or not. nothing as bad as alcohol. but im talkin valium here. not xanax. id still rather w/d from taking 2mg of xanax/day for a week than having a hangover from 12 beers or so.

Id prefer benzos. i cant deffenetely see how they are addictive
might be getting some more soon. I think its legal in chinda or somewhere. the 2mg ones are otc. & straight dihydrocdeine. wow.

I think benzos should be preibed for anxiety. when im feeling anxious. that make me feel euphoric just the dudden releif. but if i didnt have anxiety they wouldmt have such a good recreational value.

I got scripted to take 15mg.day of valium. unforunetely i usually take 8 or em. & thats just to feel 20% more normal. i dotn wanna go back to the dr to soon cuz he'll know that im taking to much.

has anyone out there actually been prebed to take 20mg+ of valium a day.

I dont get it. xanax comes in 3mg time relesae tablets. yet here in aus vals only come in 5mg max. & they have less w/d because of there long half life.

anyways i thinka read someting on wikepedia there making a drug which helps stop ya from building a tolerance to benzos.
wouldnt that be great because benzos are so effective for anxirty with basically no side effects apart from building a tolerance

Last edited:
^ You usually get a tolerance to the nausea quickly, and that's when you start to enjoy them better... maybe too much...

^ You usually get a tolerance to the nausea quickly, and that's when you start to enjoy them better... maybe too much...

Sadly, not everyone does :| I still throw up at least every other time I take opiates if I don't take an antihistamine first, and I've been using for years with a decent tolerance.

My stomach needs to man up imo.