GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the nfl 11-12 prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this last year but I see the pats going to the sb

they look SCARY good this year

as usual

I thought about switching to choose the vikings over the buccs, but am sticking with my original choice. The stats seem to favor the vikings, and McNabb will surely be looking to redeem himself, but I think it will still be a few weeks before he gets back into the swing of things, if he ever will. That isn't to say that the vikings cannot win by only having a running game, plus they are at home so A.P will have the advantage of running on the turf he is used to.

I like picking home teams that play on turf/in domes when the opponents home field isn't.

What do they say to you in school about changing your answer? More often than not your first choice is right? Not sure if that really applies to football predictions though haha.

Good call!

I said this last year but I see the pats going to the sb

they look SCARY good this year

as usual

Their defense looks a bit lacking at this point IMO...

the only way to beat the Pats is to burn their secondary

god damn, I went 1 for 3 on my second-guessing games. TB came back to beat Minnesota, gloriously. while Washington edged Arizona by a mere two points, and Cinci lost to Denver by one point! I should have gone with the majority

looks like Tennessee gave us all a raspberry with their game. I don't think anybody picked the Titans to topple the Ravens?

It looks like Baltimore screwed us all. I guess it doesn't really matter since we all picked them.

/bitch[brag]ing

Oh man, almost perfect, fuck baltimore for choking. I'm back in the hunt for the acolades.

This week:

Pander Bear 15-1
Tommyboy 13-3
Care 13-3
Alasdair 12-4
Methadone 12-4
China Rider 12-4
ChickenScratch 12-4
axl blaze 12-4
kenickie 12-4
3,4 dhp 12-4
Pegasus 11-5 (wah wah wah)

Updated totals:

Code:
ChickenScra  12 4  0.750
Care         23 9  0.719
China Rider  22 10  0.688
Tommyboy     22 10  0.688
Pander Bear  21 11 0.656
3,4-dihydro  21 11  0.656
axl blaze    21 11  0.656
home team    10 6  0.625
Methadone84  20 12  0.625
Kenickie     19 13  0.594
Pegasus      18 14  0.563
alasdairm    18 14 0.563
GenericMind  9 7  0.563
Kooter       7 9  0.438

dang! this week was a very close race, with all of us actually picking very good. for a non-sports based forum, I am always amazed at our (mostly) collective maturity when it comes to discussing (not sounding like a knuckle-dragger on the usual homer forums), and equally at our collective wisdom (mostly) when it comes to this NFL prediction thread

we all were close, competitive, and only around approximately 5 losses, but upon first glance I do believe that Tommyboy effing killed it this week! good for you, man! I srsly can't wait for that very first time I win the week at Pick Ems! enjoy that feel, bro!!

thanks to pegasus for running the numbers. props to pb for an almost perfect round. i'll post week 3 later on today.

alasdair

damn Pander!! I bet you wish that you joined a money league this week!!

/bitch[brag]ing

Oh man, almost perfect, fuck baltimore for choking. I'm back in the hunt for the acolades.

again, congrats so much. I take my NFL Pick Ems so cereal. and if I was so close to a perfect record as you were this week, I would most likely hold my head up high all week and expect beer to come lactating out of my g/f's nipples when I were to fondle them

week 3

sf @ cin
det @ min
den @ ten
mia @ cle
nyg @ phi
hou @ no
ne @ buf
jac @ car
bal @ stl
nyj @ oak
kc @ sd
gb @ chi
ari @ sea
atl @ tb
pit @ ind
was @ dal

alasdair

Last edited:
sf @ cin
det @ min
den @ ten
mia @ cle
nyg @ phi
hou @ no
ne @ buf
jac @ car
bal @ stl
nyj @ oak
kc @ sd
gb @ chi
ari @ sea
atl @ tb
pit @ ind
was @ dal

alasdair

Last edited:
sf @ cin
det @ min
den @ ten
mia @ cle
nyg @ phi
hou @ no
ne @ buf
jac @ car
bal @ stl
nyj @ oak
kc @ sd
gb @ chi
ari @ sea
atl @ tb
pit @ ind
was @ dal

sf @ cin
det @ min
den @ ten
mia @ cle
nyg @ phi
hou @ no
ne @ buf
jac @ car
bal @ stl
nyj @ oak
kc @ sd
gb @ chi
ari @ sea
atl @ tb
pit @ ind
was @ dal

Last edited:
sf @ cin
det @ min
den @ ten
mia @ cle
nyg @ phi
hou @ no
ne @ buf
jac @ car
bal @ stl
nyj @ oak
kc @ sd
gb @ chi
ari @ sea
atl @ tb
pit @ ind
was @ dal

Last edited:
gonna be at the monday night Dallas Wash game, cant wait!

GO BUCS!

oh and yea GO BOYS!

Status
Not open for further replies.