• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the nfl 11-12 prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ While I like the falcons and think they are the team to beat this year, they could very easily lose to Chicago this weekend. Atlanta plays much better at home and the bears have an elite defense. Plus even though the Falcons won like a bajillion games last season, alot of them were much closer than falcon fans like to remember. I still remember the game where you almost lost to my lowly 49ers at home, and the only lead that Atlanta had all game was gained by a field goal as time expired.

Anything can happen.

of course we COULD lose but chances are Falcons win pretty easily. Matt Ryan has destroyed bears D the two times he played himm in his career and this year Falcons offense is much much better

^Well the Falcons are 2.5 point favorites on the odds site I just looked up. Like I said, I think they will win, but chi>atl is hardly the most bizzare predicion made in this thread so far (looking at you 3,4).

^Well the Falcons are 2.5 point favorites on the odds site I just looked up. Like I said, I think they will win, but chi>atl is hardly the most bizzare predicion made in this thread so far (looking at you 3,4).

i just dont want people to be disappointed when they pick wrong

no @ gb
atl @ chi
phi @ stl
det @ tb
ten @ jax
ind @ hou
cin @ cle
buf @ kc
pit @ bal
nyg @ was
min @ sd
car @ ari
sea @ sf
dal @ nyj
ne @ mia
oak @ den

and even his Phins over Pats isn't that crazy! Chris Mortensen was the only one to pick Miami over New England in ESPN's weekly pics...

You have to understand that even though I am aware of my Phins shortcomings in the NFL thread, I pick them to go 16-0 every year in the predictions thread :)

It's why I don't gamble or play fantasy football. I am incapable of rooting for any team that is not the Dolphins.

it seems that we have this conversation every year in the pick ems thread... I might be the biggest Steelers fan in Ohio; but I do pick against my team. I pick the Steelers winning about 90 percent of the time, and thankfully they win about 90 percent of the time. however, I won't just blindly pick them to win every game. I've said it before, but 3, 4 is very true in his fanhood... very true to a fault. I don't know whether to commend his fanhood, or to point and laugh at his fanhood. in reality 3, 4 reminds me of all the desperate Cleveland Browns fans here in Ohio with his unmatched fervor

I truly hate picking against the Steelers. but I hate being wrong even more. I take my NFL pick ems seriously and I use it to gauge just how my football IQ is currently fairing in the season. I mean everyone knows that here in this thread you could win the thread the first week, and then tank your picks and get more than half wrong the next

I take the Rams every week, if there was money up for grabs things MIGHT be different, probably not.

Well in my opinion falcons are best team in the league so i pick them everytime. of course even the best team in the league wont win every game tho

hey not allowed bucko since 16:47 = 4:47 = game already in motion = not allowed

deal with having a bad pick

results for week 1

Care 10-6
China Rider 10-6
home team 10-6
3,4-dihydro 9-7
axl blaze 9-7
GenericMind 9-7
Tommyboy 9-7
Methadone84 8-8
Kenickie 7-9