• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Shooting Dilaudid and Hydro Pill Advice Please

Frankss

Greenlighter
Hello im totally a noob at injection however ive been a pain management patient for a few years and know a bit about this stuff. Ine subject im naieve in in shooting pills i take dilaudid generic and it seems to give better relief overall which is what im looking for. I am new so forgive me if these questions sound like a 2 year old asked them i simply wouldnt want to make a mistake in doing something like this. I dont understand absorbing into cotton, nor the water to pill ratio. If any tips or seps you could assist me with id be in your debt. Cheers

Hi i was hoping for some pointers on injection of the 4 mg hydros im very new at injection and want to be thorough any insight you can offer. Cheers and thanks n advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to bluelight, I have created your own thread as that old thread didn't realy need resurrecting.

I'm going to move this thread to Other Drugs as they have a lot of resources and regular members who know a lot of information on injecting opiates.

Hopefullly someone will be able to help you there.

Mugz

itgs very hard to properly teach someone to shoot up by online, its better in person. i assme u mean 4mg hydromorphone (dilauidid?) crush the tablet into fine powder and put the powder into a spoon/cap. get a 1cc long tip syringe (most pharmacies sell to people over 18yrs age) fill the syringe to about 30-35 units of water, enough to dissolve the powder into a watery solution, mix, make sure the liquid is thin as pissible and doesnt gel up on u or get too thick (heat will cause it, lack of water) just use 35units of water squirted onto the powder, mix solution very good, take a piece of cotton from cig filter or cotton ear swab, roll into a tight ball, throw into the solution, take the needle and stick it directly onto the cotton, and draw back sucking the liquid into the needle, it may clog due to the fillers/binders in the pill, just stop, keep going...depends too what kind of dailaudid u got, i had abuse proof ones where it gelled up and was so thick i couldnt get in needle..yet i had some where it dissolved into water clear as day..u just may have a needle full to the top of liquid dilaudid...thats okay be patient and dont miss the vein....tie up ur arm with a belt or something handy, pump a few times and make a fist, stick the needle gently at an angle where u see a vein, as that is done, pull the plunger of the needle back to see if blood shoots right into the needle (that means ur in the vein, and good to go and shoot) if you achieve this, slowly push the liquid into ur vein, being VERY CAREFUL not to move the needle around as its in ur arm, as u can accidently pass thru ur vein or it comes out ur vein, so to be safe, as r pushing, stop pull back to make sure blood still spits back in the needle, keep pushing the damn liquid into that vein, if u happen to get the needle off balance out of the vein, relax, simply adjust the needle and the air bubbles, and go into vein again and pull back to seee the blood shooot in..and continue, its very important not to miss a vein shooting pills as nasty things can occur. in my opinion shooting dilaudid is a waste of time, all it did for me was give me a 4 second rush, with no buzz, just a 4 second rush and NOTHING after that...i wish u dont take my advice on shooting up on here, you really need to see it done by someone in person...

I would use a little more water,like a full 1cc barrel full.it seems when you don't use enough water,alot of IR pills (like Dilaudid) become really gooey and hard to draw into the rig.like I put the pill in the cooker,add 1cc of cold water,the pill the pill should swell and be easy to break up,stir it up real good,throw in a cotton and filter and shoot.

DO NOT HEAT PILLS. the dilaudid (hydromorphone) is extremely soluble in cold water, and the binders and fillers are not... until you heat the water. This is the #1 mistake people make with shooting pills. IT IS NOT SAFE.

To the OP - I use 8mg generic dilaudid like this. To do it with any frequently, you really need to be running the solution through a wheel filter aka micron filter. Look at the links in my signature for information on micron filtering. Basically the generic dilaudids contain magnesium stereate which has a particle size of .45 um Cotton filters particles to about 20um, so all that sodium stereate in the pill gets through, which is responsible for a great deal of the accumulation of particulate matter in your lungs when people shoot this stuff. A good case in point would be Jared Fogle, who wrote Drugstore Cowboy and is now dying in prison from pulmonary edema caused by massive build up of particulate matter from shooting pills filtered with cotton.

^^^I don't think either of us told the guy to use heat.we both said cold water I believe.(I know I did).....But again,I suppose it is a point that cannot be stressed enough.

Good job on mentioning the micron filters,but the thing is alot of people don't have immediate access to them,and they want to shoot their drugs right away.It is definately something the OP should look into though,if he/she plans to make a habit of IV'ing pills (which I hope they aren't).But if the OP is only going to shoot Dilaudid this one time,and doesn't have the money or a credit card to obtain micron filters online,I think sterile dental cotton would be the best to filter a solution of pills.thats what they give out at my local needle exchange.I know it's not anywhere near as good as a micron filter,but I think tight balls of sterile dental cotton are the best to use if you do not have a micron filter or a sterifilt

Oh yeah,and as for dilaudid being a waste of time when shot,dont believe that,the thing is,ppl think they're gonna get this incredible rush from a 4 mg dilaudid.I shoot at least 12 mg's (Hydromorph Contin brand) and sometimes 24 mg's.12 mg's gives me a rush,24 mg's gives me a great rush,kils all my w/d symptoms,and gives me a good strong euphoria,and it's one of only 2 opioids that seem to give me any euphoria now a days.(the other being methadone)And when i shoot like 24 mg's,the euphoria and nod and itching all last for a few hours.To compare to my regular usage,160 mg's of IV oxycodone or 100 mg's of IV morphine don't produce feelings of well being and an overall "High" anything like IV hydromorphone does.this is all in my personal opinion ofcourse

Last edited:
I know the immediate access things is an issue, but shipping takes 3 days at most, so just use cotton until then... I mean it sounds like he has a continuos supply, so he should have micron filter if he knows he's going to shoot again in the future.

^^^For sure he should get them if he has an immediate supply.I recently just got a job again and I will order them.I was more referring to people who really don't have a job and therefor the money to have a credit card to purchase micron filters online.But I'm sure the OP could get them if they tried.

At lots of banks you can buy pre-paid debit cards, very untraceable, no billing statement sent to your house, etc.

Or you could just go online on the Visa website and order one with your credit card. %)

The prep isn't really the hard part of IV'ing, it's the actual injection. Find a good vein, one that's close to the surface, that you can see without having to "pump" your hands or anything. You *will not* be able to hit a sub-surface vein with an insulin needle, on your first try. You will notice the tip of the needle is beveled. You want the open end of the bevel facing up, going in at a deep angle. People say all these specific angles, but are you going to have your protractor handy when you are busy IV'ing drugs? Use the smallest needles you can find, the smaller the better. I use 30 gauge 1/2 inch insulin needles. It's a lot more comfortable with the shorter needle as it's quite easy to stick a 1 inch needle straight through the vein. As soon as the "hole" in the needle/all of the bevel is in your skin and sealed, you can pull back on the plunger. When you aim for the vein, keep in mind what a vein looks like on a cut of beef. It's like another layer of skin. Even with a sharp fresh needle, you will still feel a slight "pop" when you break the skin. Once you feel that pop, get the needle close to the vein, and pull a negative pressure on the plunger. You want to keep just an ever so slight pressure on it so that when you push through the vein, you "register". You will be pulling blood out of the vein. When you can freely pull blood from the vein, you know you are safe to inject because the needle is sitting perfectly in the vein. Now for the pain in the ass part. You have a time limit where that blood will start to clot. Because of this, you want to start to plunge as soon as the needle registers, thats why you want to keep negative pressure on it. You will feel a second pop just like the first when you break through the vein, the negative pressure will automatically pull a flash of blood in. You will feel when you start to get to the vein, it will be harder to penetrate than the epidermis. The second "pop" is usually way more feel able than the first because the needle is slightly more dull, and vein tissue is more elastic. My personal method is to start injecting as soon as I feel the vein wall pop and get a flash of blood. Since I use 30 gage needles, it takes me a few seconds to inject even half a cc. I usually get about half of it done, and re-register to make sure nothing is going wrong. It's not hard at all to go through the back of the vein in the middle of the shot, and unfortunately it usually happens from a wiggle and not direct frontal pressure, so there isn't another pop like there is with the epidermis, and the venous wall. It just kinda sneaks through there. As hard as it is, you need to concentrate on the pain other than the needle. You are already poking yourself straight into a vein, that hurts, but you have to be aware of extra pain. Be aware of any other burning sensation because that means you are missing the vein. Two things happen when you miss a vein. The most important, is a non-sterile solution is just sitting there in your skin and muscle. This can easily lead to infection. The other problem is that you don't get as high off it. Depending on where your mind is, these will go back and forth as to which one is more important, but I can tell you the first one is. It's damn hard to inject into veins that aren't there, or worse, an arm that isn't there. As a general rule, no one pokes me but me. There are many people who think they are good at it, but don't know what they are doing. If they can hit you cleanly, then they are likely bad in their prep and will heat pills etc. Rarely does someone do ALL of it right, but this part HAS to be right. If you are extremely nervous about it, you can have someone else do it, but remember they don't have the feel of things that you do. I can feel when I puncture the vein. I am in control, I can re-register if I'm worried, I can terminate the whole damn thing if I don't like the looks or feel of things. It's far harder to convey this info to someone else unless they are very good with needles. There are consequences to missing veins as outlined above. If you have many choices for location, then pick the biggest most bulging vein you can find for your first time. I should also mind you to *not* pay attention to the movies. It's stupid to poke the same vein over and over, and I usually stay away from the bend in my arm where everyone in the movies "shoots up". There is an artery in there, and that's the one place you can get into it with a short needle. It also stays sore for about 24 hours, so a place that doesn't move as much is preferred. If you can, go into your forearm. It's easy to do if you are one of those guys with tons of large surface veins like I have. The fewer of these you have, the better care of them you want to take. Small needles, and spread out injection sites will allow you to play around a lot more than jamming the crook of your arm 3-5 times per day. I've said it before, and I'll say it again if you don't have the veins for it, it isn't worth it. If you can't find anything on your arms, look at the top of your feet and see if you have visible veins there, then *very* carefully hit them. The further down limbs you get, the more dangerous it is because of lack of circulation. On the other hand, when the veins pop up on my feet, I have two hands free to work, and it's usually cleaner than working 1 handed on an arm. If you are in your foot though, DO NOT go into the tendons on the top of your feet, don't even touch them with the needle. Because of the reduced circulation, this is a place you don't want to miss a shot though, that's why it's discouraged on this site.

Hey man, I was in the same boat as you so I will try to explain the best I can. First off, get some 29 or 30 guage insulin needles from Walgreens. These are usually 10ml each(the amount of liquid you can pull into the chamber. Grind up your 4mg dilly as fine as you can and put it into a big spoon. Pull 10ml of water out of a clean cup using your needle and transfer that into the spoon. Mix the powder with the water until it is completely dissolved. A cotton is usually the end piece of a q-tip and you can use these to filter out all the filler/inactive ingredients and be left with pure hydromorphone. So pull off one end of a q-tip and place it into your spoon containing the goods(It will soak up most of the solution). Make sure the plunger on the needle is all the way down, stick the point into the cotton BUT don't let it hit the spoon, it could damage it. Once it is in the cotton, slowly draw the plunger back and watch in amazement as you fill around 8mls into the chamber.

Now find a vein, preferably the stereotypical ones on the inside of your elbows since they are easy to see and access. Flick the needle chamber like they do in the movies to get any air bubbles to the surface and press the plunger down a little bit as to get rid of the bubbles. A little juice will come out but thats ok. Now take a deep breath and relax yourself. Tie off your upper arm if the vein is popping up by itself. Clean the injection area with rubbing alcohol and press the needle in at a horizontal angle, bevel side facing upwards. Now comes the important part. Once you feel you are in the vein, pull back on the plunger to "register". If you see blood rush into the chamber or the needle you are golden. If you CAN'T register, DON'T shoot. Try again or move onto a different vein where you can register. Now slowly let the tie go(if you tied), keep your hand steady, and SLOWLY push the plunger down and enjoy the high.

Be careful bc as you know, hydromorphone is one of the more powerful opiates and you could OD easily if you put too much in. BTW, all needles that say "1 use only" really do mean it. If you fail to register, squirt back the liquid into the spoon, grab a new syringe, and repeat the process.