• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Blow and blowing your nose

PurpleLibra

Bluelighter
I did a search for the answer to my question, but I couldn't find anything. I'm sorry if it's been duplicated ad infinitum.

My question is kinda stupid, but I honestly don't know! I know that the effects of snorting coke are almost instantaneous, but I immediately get a runny nose after doing even a small bump. If I blow my nose after a couple of minutes of doing a line, am I wasting it? I mean, would I get more of a high from doing a line if I waited a half hour before blowing my nose? I can't stand sniffling all damn night, but I don't want to pay good money for good coke and then do a line or three and then turn around and blow it back OUT of my nose.

I'm high... I don't even know if this question makes any sense. 8(

Thanks in advance for any insight.

I was always under the impression that the reason you get a quicker high from snorting is because the drug gets absorbed in your sinus' instead of through your stomach. I would think blowing your nose too soon after snorting would be wasting a certain amount since it didnt have time to get completly absorbed. IMO anyway

With cocaine, it is very water soluble. Personally, if my nasal cavity feels clogged from coke, I put a very small amount of water in the palm of my hand and snort a little. This should help clear it out. Then snort really hard to make sure all of the numbing goodness is in your body.

A more "legit" way is saline nose spray.

Cocaine is a vasoconstrictor, so after your first dose of the night, absorbtion will slow down pretty quickly. This means if you blow your nose too soon yo're blowing coke out your nose again.

Try a saline nasal mist maybe?

I know when I blow dope, I usually wait a few minutes and then inhale a small tad of water into whichever nostril(s) I blew it to help it dissolve. I have god-awful allergies also, so I take anti-histamines for that and it dries me out a bit. I do remember the few times that I blew coke that i just held my nostrils shut and sucked it back until there wasn't anything really remaining. I feel like blowing it out makes you lose some and that's just a waste.

That's my two-cents, at least.

Also, I do use a neil-med water-bottle to spray my sinuses out every so often to keep the passages clear. That helps keep everything in check.

good cocaine will have your nasals open up very clearly, causing a slight nose run...having to blow ur nose or it getting clogged is a sign of cut, or bad quality....but once u do a line, and u leak a little bit, and feel high, yeah go ahead blow ur nose, cocaine gets absorbed rapidly into the mucous membranes in ur nose....any cocaine that burns when sniffing is also a bad sign, low quality/nose plugged. its good to dip ur pinky in water and run it into ur nostril also to moisten the powder so it can flow into ur nasal cavity

I only use the best stuff around. Sometimes the best stuff around is shit. But anyway, after doing a line, regardless of how good or bad it is, it gives me the sniffles. From what I've gathered, it's better to not blow my nose right away, but to snort a little water instead, wait a while and then blow my nose later?

What's a good time frame to wait before I blow my nose? Ten, fifteen minutes?

Thank you all for your advice. I just got an 8 ball of some KICK ASS coke and I do NOT want to waste it. It cost a small fortune and I only did about half the amount I would normally do. This stuff is badass... especially after the last shit I got. I spent NO PRICES on a gram that was like snorting turpentine and Comet. Plus, coming down I didn't feel all antsy and shit. I took a Xanax and went right to sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
This might seem like a strange question, but do you usually blow your nose RIGHT BEFORE doing your first line? I've found that with any drugs I snort, doing that seems to prevent me from getting the sensation right afterwards. If I don't do this, I also feel like my nose feels "tickled" after blowing something and I often have to try to fight a sneeze, which is no fun at all.

Also, you should take that price out of your above post, no prices here on BL.

This might seem like a strange question, but do you usually blow your nose RIGHT BEFORE doing your first line? I've found that with any drugs I snort, doing that seems to prevent me from getting the sensation right afterwards. If I don't do this, I also feel like my nose feels "tickled" after blowing something and I often have to try to fight a sneeze, which is no fun at all.

Also, you should take that price out of your above post, no prices here on BL.

I DO blow my nose before I snort. I always have. Plus, I work in a "sick" building which is full of mold and mildew and other icky stuff (asbestos, anyone?), so my nose is CONSTANTLY running. I also snort my Suboxone, but only a half a mg to 1mg at a time. Sometimes it makes my nose run and other times it doesn't. Since I know that it takes a while for the Suboxone to get in my system, I don't blow my nose until nearly an hour afterwards which is a major pain in the ass. It's a good thing I have my own office or people would wonder why in the hell I don't blow my nose instead of sniffling for a fucking hour...

Thank you for reminding me about not posting prices! I so totally remember reading that in the rules, but it completely slipped my mind. mea culpa, moderators!

Anyway, since I am destined to blow my nose regardless, what is a good wait time after doing a line or bump before I blow my nose? Since coke only has a half an hour to an hour half life, I'm assuming after about ten or fifteen minutes I should be okay and not wasting any of my good blow. Does that sound about right? Or should I wait longer?

Again, I'm really sorry about posting prices. I honestly did forget about that rule.

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I had a similar question and for some reason I can't post my own thread due to not being able to select a previx on my phone. And I won't be near a computer for a few days. I snorted some nice Adderal recently but now I'm out in the cold and my nose is dripping. I keep sniffing the gunk back into my nasal passageways but I want to know how soon I can blow my nose without losing any of the stuff because it's not like I've got so much to spare that I can be wasting it. Can anyone give me a timeline for nasal absorption of Adderal? Thanks!

Cocaine is a vasoconstrictor, so after your first dose of the night, absorbtion will slow down pretty quickly. This means if you blow your nose too soon yo're blowing coke out your nose again.

Try a saline nasal mist maybe?

It could be a little dry afterwards. That happens usually a while later and when one takes thicker lines too often..

So I've asked this question a couple of times and didn't get much of a response. Just found this topic on this form. I myself don't like to blow right after snorting. I usually wait 10 or 15 minutes just for the fact that like other people had said, the cocaine dissolves in your mucus but now that mucus is Tainted with the cocaine and could possibly Aid in the high. I'd hate to blow right after and be wasting any benefits. And on another note, I kind of like sniffing and getting some of that nasal drip. The Taste is awful but the numbing effect in the back of my throat is nice. As much as I like the good effects of cocaine, I think when your mouth gets numb and the back your throat gets numb is something I like equally as good. Sometimes I'll bump just to get the numbing effect even if I don't get a strong High.

Now I recently got some powdery fish scale about a week ago. Right after you snort a line, the nose affect doesn't come on as quick or a strong as it normally does. Right after you snort, the intense runny nose that you get immediately after takes maybe a minute, to start running and then maybe 5 minutes later it's pretty much done. Usually it'll last closer to 10 minutes normally and then for the next 20 to 30 minutes you still have the sensation of a runny nose even if nothing is running out, so you're constantly sniffing. But with this powder fish scale that I got, everything is less intense. And does it last nearly as long. After about 10 minutes, 15 for sure, my nose is pretty much done running and there's not much need to sniff but just occasionally. My nose is clear, easy to breathe through and my sinuses aren't clogged. But one thing I have noticed with this powder fish scale is that about 45 minutes to an hour later, I find myself having the need to blow a couple of times over a 5 or 10 minute time span. Nose isn't running but I guess the buildup of mucus is enough to make you need to blow even though my nose is still pretty much clear and not stuffed up. It's like my nose is a little runny at first then quickly dissipates and then about an hour later is starts to get somewhat runny again. Which could last for a couple of hours if not more. Never had cocaine that had this kind of weird effect. I always expect my nose to Crazy run like 5 seconds after snorting and continue for about 10 minutes and then the sensation of a runny drippy nose even though it's not dripping continuous for the next 30 or 40 minutes or so. The whole time I'm still sniffing quite a bit and getting that nasty nasal drip which makes your throat nice and numb. One thing about this newer powdery fish-scale I recently got, it has a little bit of a less intense petroleum / chemical smell and when I did a test line, I took a small little flake and put it on my tongue, I expected a nasty chemical taste and then very shortly after the numbing sensation. But this stuff doesn't seem to have a strong nasty taste and it took about 20 seconds or so to start numbing. Maybe with the lack of nasty chemical taste, it doesn't create a nasty nasal drip taste. And of course with the less intense runny nose and build-up of mucus, that's also a reason I don't experience much of the nasal drip. I just wonder if this cocaine is less cut or cut with something I'm not used to.

But I just wonder if it's technically okay to blow your nose 30 seconds to a minute after doing the line. Or if it's better to wait a bit. I just always find myself waiting 15 to 20 minutes before I make that first nose blow.

As far as blowing your nose beforehand, I always do that and always recommended. I want my nose nice and clean and free of boogers or snot, I want an easy free flow passage so the cocaine goes where it needs to. Plus it helps with the initial snorting process, just makes it flow a lot smoother. I definitely always recommend blowing right before you do a line. And then if you do a line 45 minutes or an hour later, blow it again.

Now here's a question, who's try to do cocaine while they had some kind of a cold and their nose was really stopped up? Did it affect the snorting process or did the cocaine get where it needed to be and did it clear your nose or just make it worse?

Now as far as using a saline nasal spray, how soon after should you do that? Should you do it after you do your lines or after you're done for the night? And how long should you wait from the time you did the lines to the time you use the nasal spray?

Lots of good information here. If you’re prone to nosebleeds like me, saline sprays will only dry your nasal passages and irritate even more. I stay away from them.

But yeah I’d wait like a half hour AT LEAST before blowing your nose. Idk about how your nose starts running instantly, maybe try taking a good snort and swallow right after the initial snort?

If you’re not getting a drip that’s probably you’re problem, just sniff hard and more frequently to help move it through your nose.

Also, it’s been mentioned before but I can not stress enough how much water helps!!! After I’ve noticed my nose is starting to get stuffy, I run some water over my fingers and put a drip or two in each nostril (or whichever is clogged.) then start sniffing again. Helps clear it out.

It has already been covered to some extent, however.

A cotton bud / Q-Tip soaked with cold tap water, or saline then rub it around each nostril. Helps to clear it out.

Also i find that if you feel like you have taken too much and are trying to stop for the night, it’s helpful to do the above so that any clogged C isn’t going to then be sniffed up gradually.

W

I did a search for the answer to my question, but I couldn't find anything. I'm sorry if it's been duplicated ad infinitum.

My question is kinda stupid, but I honestly don't know! I know that the effects of snorting coke are almost instantaneous, but I immediately get a runny nose after doing even a small bump. If I blow my nose after a couple of minutes of doing a line, am I wasting it? I mean, would I get more of a high from doing a line if I waited a half hour before blowing my nose? I can't stand sniffling all damn night, but I don't want to pay good money for good coke and then do a line or three and then turn around and blow it back OUT of my nose.

I'm high... I don't even know if this question makes any sense. 8(

Thanks in advance for any insight.

I'm kinda gross but if I feel like I HAVE to blow my nose shortly after snorting something I will hold shut the other nostril and blow in into my hand and eat it. Because often quite a bit of powder comes out and drugs are expensibe so I'm loath to waste even a bit.

Well guys my question is a bit different I used to snot bupe and doing coc all was good until now I'm not feeling anything when taking a line no rush a bit of numbing and that's it well I tried other stuff also the same and the stuff is good my friends like it and feels everything except me can your nose get damaged and the blood vessels shrink to not absorb the coc anymore

I don't blow my nose if I've recently snorted something. I kind of hawk it back so it goes down the back of my throat because I refuse to waste it. If I end up sneezing in such a situation I'll eat kit off my hand or the tissue lol xD.

Technically I believe you are "wasting" the remains in your schnoz. But clearing your nostrils helps get a better line the next time.