Bluelight

Thread: Blow and blowing your nose

1. Collapse Details
    Blow and blowing your nose 
    I did a search for the answer to my question, but I couldn't find anything. I'm sorry if it's been duplicated ad infinitum.

My question is kinda stupid, but I honestly don't know! I know that the effects of snorting coke are almost instantaneous, but I immediately get a runny nose after doing even a small bump. If I blow my nose after a couple of minutes of doing a line, am I wasting it? I mean, would I get more of a high from doing a line if I waited a half hour before blowing my nose? I can't stand sniffling all damn night, but I don't want to pay good money for good coke and then do a line or three and then turn around and blow it back OUT of my nose.

I'm high... I don't even know if this question makes any sense.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

2. Collapse Details

I was always under the impression that the reason you get a quicker high from snorting is because the drug gets absorbed in your sinus' instead of through your stomach. I would think blowing your nose too soon after snorting would be wasting a certain amount since it didnt have time to get completly absorbed. IMO anyway

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    With cocaine, it is very water soluble. Personally, if my nasal cavity feels clogged from coke, I put a very small amount of water in the palm of my hand and snort a little. This should help clear it out. Then snort really hard to make sure all of the numbing goodness is in your body.

A more "legit" way is saline nose spray.

4. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    Cocaine is a vasoconstrictor, so after your first dose of the night, absorbtion will slow down pretty quickly. This means if you blow your nose too soon yo're blowing coke out your nose again.

Try a saline nasal mist maybe?
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28

5. Collapse Details

I know when I blow dope, I usually wait a few minutes and then inhale a small tad of water into whichever nostril(s) I blew it to help it dissolve. I have god-awful allergies also, so I take anti-histamines for that and it dries me out a bit. I do remember the few times that I blew coke that i just held my nostrils shut and sucked it back until there wasn't anything really remaining. I feel like blowing it out makes you lose some and that's just a waste.

That's my two-cents, at least.

Also, I do use a neil-med water-bottle to spray my sinuses out every so often to keep the passages clear. That helps keep everything in check.

6. Collapse Details

good cocaine will have your nasals open up very clearly, causing a slight nose run...having to blow ur nose or it getting clogged is a sign of cut, or bad quality....but once u do a line, and u leak a little bit, and feel high, yeah go ahead blow ur nose, cocaine gets absorbed rapidly into the mucous membranes in ur nose....any cocaine that burns when sniffing is also a bad sign, low quality/nose plugged. its good to dip ur pinky in water and run it into ur nostril also to moisten the powder so it can flow into ur nasal cavity

7. Collapse Details

I only use the best stuff around. Sometimes the best stuff around is shit. But anyway, after doing a line, regardless of how good or bad it is, it gives me the sniffles. From what I've gathered, it's better to not blow my nose right away, but to snort a little water instead, wait a while and then blow my nose later?

What's a good time frame to wait before I blow my nose? Ten, fifteen minutes?

Thank you all for your advice. I just got an 8 ball of some KICK ASS coke and I do NOT want to waste it. It cost a small fortune and I only did about half the amount I would normally do. This stuff is badass... especially after the last shit I got. I spent NO PRICES on a gram that was like snorting turpentine and Comet. Plus, coming down I didn't feel all antsy and shit. I took a Xanax and went right to sleep.
    Last edited by muvolution; 23-08-2011 at 03:16. Reason: No Prices, yo.

8. Collapse Details

This might seem like a strange question, but do you usually blow your nose RIGHT BEFORE doing your first line? I've found that with any drugs I snort, doing that seems to prevent me from getting the sensation right afterwards. If I don't do this, I also feel like my nose feels "tickled" after blowing something and I often have to try to fight a sneeze, which is no fun at all.

Also, you should take that price out of your above post, no prices here on BL.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by purple_cloud View Post
    This might seem like a strange question, but do you usually blow your nose RIGHT BEFORE doing your first line? I've found that with any drugs I snort, doing that seems to prevent me from getting the sensation right afterwards. If I don't do this, I also feel like my nose feels "tickled" after blowing something and I often have to try to fight a sneeze, which is no fun at all.

Also, you should take that price out of your above post, no prices here on BL.
    I DO blow my nose before I snort. I always have. Plus, I work in a "sick" building which is full of mold and mildew and other icky stuff (asbestos, anyone?), so my nose is CONSTANTLY running. I also snort my Suboxone, but only a half a mg to 1mg at a time. Sometimes it makes my nose run and other times it doesn't. Since I know that it takes a while for the Suboxone to get in my system, I don't blow my nose until nearly an hour afterwards which is a major pain in the ass. It's a good thing I have my own office or people would wonder why in the hell I don't blow my nose instead of sniffling for a fucking hour...

Thank you for reminding me about not posting prices! I so totally remember reading that in the rules, but it completely slipped my mind. mea culpa, moderators!

Anyway, since I am destined to blow my nose regardless, what is a good wait time after doing a line or bump before I blow my nose? Since coke only has a half an hour to an hour half life, I'm assuming after about ten or fifteen minutes I should be okay and not wasting any of my good blow. Does that sound about right? Or should I wait longer?

Again, I'm really sorry about posting prices. I honestly did forget about that rule.