• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc 6000 mg Gabapentin?

Brian242

Bluelighter
I love Gabapentin. But lately, not even 4g's affects me anymore. I've gone to doses as high as 5600mg before and barely felt anything. Is 6000 mg safe? I'm in possession of opiates and benzos from my recent surgery so please none of that "have you even TRIED Opiates or benzos?" stuff please.

I plan on dosing at exactly 6:00 P.M. Central.

Bump?

Last edited by a moderator:
you need to stop taking gabapentin for a couple weeks at least to lower your tolerance. it builds VERY fast as im sure youve noticed. from my understanding this is a very safe drug though. i dont believe theres ever been a sole overdose and i also read that no LD50 was ever found, although i cannot cite a source on that. still, 6 grams is a fucking lot man, thats a large handful of pills, no? so in summary: you should stop for a while to lower tolerance, and that gabapentin is supposedly pretty safe in large doses. good luck and be careful!

as the dose of gabapentin increases, the bioavailability decreases, and as said before i do not know of any neurontin specific overdoses.

I have taken 6g of gabz and if really throws you off balance so just try be careful I couldn't walk in a straight line for hours even after a large meal I still have 12g and will probably do 7500mg tomorrow ahhh a had 2 mg diclazepam beforehand and still feel wobbly as foook so its good fun like drunk feeling but without the alcohol I would not advise drinking at all
Anyway have fun be safe know your limits

If 5600MG doesn't get you to where you need to be why would you expect that 6000MG would? That's a huge waste of pills and you'll likely just feel sick & uncoordinated.

EDIT: I just realized this thread is from 2011, nice job jourdanridley...

Last edited:
If 3g-4.8g of gaba don't get you where u wanna be, your tolerance is fucked. Takin anymore is a waste and won't do anything but increase negative side effects

maybe im lucky or something but i just simply dont build a tolerance to this stuff. i've taken absurd amounts of it and still been able to dose my usual 300-600 per hour to get a nice buzz going.

pretty sure the biggest i ever went was around 22 of the 600mg big white pills in a night so if that didnt fuck me up or at least make me not feel anything from it the next couple times when i does like a regular human being, then i dont know what will from a personal stand point.

i guess in the other people's case my advice is to 1. only do it special occasions and 2. STAGGER THE DOSE. take like 3-6hundy every 45 minutes or so and before you know it she starts kickin in and it takes so much less to do it.

also drink something acidic with it AND food helps absorption so make sure you eat a small meal before if you hadnt eaten all day.

if you use this stuff correctly it can be a blast to get wasted on, though a lot of people just simply dont get any recreation from it

edit: also im 5'10 and weigh about 115lbs so theres no fat to absorb that shit

in my opinion i wouldnt go past the 7g mark but man, i cant believe how fast the tolerance builds i mean wow like 2 days and you can feel the effects anymore

for about 6 months during last year i would take over 15 grams of gabapentin once a month. whole script gone in a day. after about 6 months though i stopped noticing anything positive - no good feeling, no CEV's, no getting horny for wild sex... would just get sleepy and "the jolts". so gave up on the stuff. nice while it lasts but my experience has been that it eventually stops working, no matter how much you take, even when taken only 1x a month.

OP, you need to take a break for your tolerance to reset a little. Even if you do manage to reap some effects from 6g's of gabapentin, I can assure you that it will only be a shell of the positive effects you experience without tolerance. These gaba-analogs are fickle beasts. I am a fierce user and proponent of the class - specifically pregabalin & gabapentin - so I can tell you that overuse renders them practically useless. Example: I can get a great experience from 600mg of pregabalin with no tolerance, yet can run through 13.5 grams in less than 7 days easily if I'm careless.

^In regards to the above poster; I respect everyone's experience but I just want to throw out there that 15g of gabapentin in a day is ridiculous if dosing only once a month. It's such a far outlier in terms of reported dosages for utilitarian or recreational effects. In most cases also, one (full) week is generally enough to reset tolerance from moderate use, so I would at least say that this experience is not the norm.

(sorry in advance for resurrecting my 6yr old thread, and for the length of it.)

Hey everyone, I'm not on much anymore but I came back just now to reply to this thread. Excuse the length, I'm hardly here but want to post this and then I'll probably take another long hiatus. The post is this long, because I don't know when I'll be back on. Just want to say this.

I've been taking gabapentin for about 7 years, but about 6 of those years were not daily dosing. Lately the severe neuropathy from extensive nerve damage because of scoliosis correction surgery has gotten worse, which has resulted in a spinal tap and numerous CT scans. For almost a year now I have taken gabapentin daily, but not in excessive amounts. Just enough to stop the tingly, lighting bolt type of pain resulting from everything.

So my tolerance is currently relatively high, as you can imagine. It's ridiculously hard to feel much from GP or Pregabalin nowadays, but every now and again I try to see if it'll come back. I miss it sometimes, it was kind of indescribable the way it felt.

Today is one of those days, so over the course of 5 hours now I have staggered up to 6,000mg (10 of the 600mg tablets) and feeling some familiarity from it, but nowhere near like it was 7 years ago. Those days are long gone, as brain/body chemistry changes drastically over that period of time. It's almost like chasing the gabapentin gnome, not ever going to catch it and get that "magic" back!

No more painkillers or benzos like I mentioned years ago, detox/rehab cleared me out of all that (un) fortunately. The only controlled that I have, is Lyrica which I haven't really gotten a chance to dial in my settings with it. But I have favored Kratom now though, and am finding it to pair nicely with what I've got. The gabapentin is subtle, and the Kratom gives it a little kick (but not *too* much). I recently got a script for a higher dose of Lyrica (150mg) so I might try those again in about a week, but it'll probably be pointless as well since my first few tries were a flop, up to 900mg (9 pills).

Overall, the effects from gabapentin are quite diminished nowadays and it's nowhere like it was for me, which is to be expected. Nothing lasts forever. Sometimes I question why I even try anymore, it's like looking for something that doesn't exist. And I'm quite certain that a long long tolerance break will fix it, the effects are almost certainly gone for good. I'd hate to see my calcium channels, they're probably pretty bad now after almost a decade.

In retrospect, I look at all of my old posts here and just wish I could message myself in that old time and say "No Brian, stop! Stop while you can!" But there's no doing that unfortunately. Just have to lay in the bed that I made. Is what it is! I just hope this can help someone who winds up searching for this subject on Google, and helps them understand that it won't last forever, and that it's fruitless to keep taking more and more after the effects aren't there anymore. It's a hit-or-miss, but usually a miss in terms of getting the feeling that they enjoyed again.

Much love everyone, hope you all are well, and that I'm thankful to everyone who commented over the years. Stay well, be safe, and keep it real.

TL; dr - don't take more after you stop feeling it overall, it probably won't come back after a certain amount of time. Enjoy it while you can, because it's only temporary in the end.

High dose gabapetin always ends up giving me nasty myoclonic jerks and yes, it even gave me a seizure back in January. I had taken somewhere around seven grams that day trying to mediate high dose tianeptine withdrawal, and for some reason it wasn't working. Next thing I know I wake up in an ambulance. I just can't tolerate those high doses anymore, it makes me jerk around and drop while standing, or slam my hands into the laptop while typing, etc.

TL; dr - don't take more after you stop feeling it overall, it probably won't come back after a certain amount of time. Enjoy it while you can, because it's only temporary in the end.

Isn't that pretty much "THE" rule when it comes to moderating drug use? Don't take more while you still have a large dose in your system?

You didn't need to type an essay to get that across, man.

I get not being able to think clearly, but next time just go with your TL;DR version. It's just... better.

Yep, I get the jolts too, but off a much smaller dose. I try to save the gabas for when I'm out of opiates. I use it with tramadol and it wards off the "sickness" very nicely. I usually start with a couple grams via parachute with 6 or 8 50mg. tramadols.

I'm can't even handle more than 800mg at once, anything more I get dysphoric. idk how you do it

I take 900mg 3 times a day for anxiety, works well. The wonked out high is mostly gone, been taking it for years.