• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone try the lemon tek for shrooms potentiation?

Psilocybin is metabolized by esterases in the blood, as far as I remember. Ismene, I appreciate your tenacity, but I recommend you use a search engine before you keep on with this liver tirade, its incorrect.

I appreciate your tenacity, but I recommend you use a search engine before you keep on with this liver tirade, its incorrect.

"Psilocybin is metabolized mostly in the liver where it becomes psilocin, which is broken down by the enzyme monoamine oxidase to produce several metabolites in blood plasma, including 4-hydroxyindole-3-acetaldehyde, 4-hydroxytryptophol, and 4-hydroxyindole-3-acetic acid"

Passie T, Seifert J, Schneider U, Emrich HM. (2002). "The pharmacology of psilocybin". Addiction Biology 7 (4): 357–64. doi:10.1080/1355621021000005937. PMID 14578010

So I'm afraid you'll need to do a google search on that first, and then you'll need to do a google search to learn about "first pass metabolism" of drugs when I'm afraid the liver will crop up again and again.

There's a lot of very good reasons why the body doesn't simply process drugs in the stomach or the bloodstream and instead takes them to the liver first.

EDIT: To be honest I think the confusion around this comes from a lot of people half-learning at school that digestion is done by the "acid" in your stomach. So if you soak something in lemon juice that must mean it's "digested" quicker right dude? Do some reading and you find that digestion isn't done by the acid in your stomach - it's done by enzymes.

Last edited:
Edit: whoops. made a n00b mistake and mixed up ethers and esters. disregard this.

Last edited:
Please, learn organic chemistry, namely ester hydrolysis and the conditions it occurs in. I'm not going to continue arguing that stomach acid will convert psilocybin to psilocin because you don't seem to see any basis for it. C'est la vie, I guess.

I still maintain that an autopsy tox report that finds psilocin in gastric juices but not psilocybin as well as lessons in almsot every OChem book that support ester hydrolysis in e.g. acidic conditions is pretty damning evidence.

Interesting, never knew that you could take them that way.. do you powder em up or leave them as they are? And what do you do... er... later?

lmao. irony.

it seems a bit sacreligious to shove a magic mushroom in your bum anyway. althought i have heard of someone taking liquid LSD in the tip of their penis.

suppose that's a bit off topic though.

I'm not going to continue arguing that stomach acid will convert psilocybin to psilocin

So what converts psilocybin to psilocin when taken rectally? Seeing as there's no acid in your rectum?

Psilocybin is water soluble. It dissolves in rectal fluids/juices or is pre-dissolved in an enema and is absorbed by the rectal mucosa. Once psilocybin hits the blood, plasma esterases (like the ones that break cocaine down) begin rapidly degrading it to psilocin. The esterases catalyze the hydrolysis reaction which would otherwise happen very slowly in the slightly basic pH of your blood.

I don't doubt some conversion happens in the liver, lungs etc too.

Ive read a few times that High cocoa dark chocolate helps to potentiate mushroom trips.

I also honestly believe it potentiates an MDMA roll, however lots of people disagree, and type loads of scientifical stuff as a response, rather than actually eating at least 200 grams of dark chocolate in the day or 2 prior to rolling, and trying it themselves! . (on that morning of your roll i found works best)

It is soo funny. Two very correct point arguing against each other to prove a victor maybe? Either way this is whag happens. Psilocybin becomes Psilocin through a process called Dephosphorylation which is taking the phosphate group out of something organic via hydrolysis. Now this can occur with Psilocybin into two ways...via enzymes or very acidic environments. Now Seiko was correct about Lemon tek working, but not in the right now. Everyone overlooks the simplest thing...what is the ingestion or absorption percent of psilocybin by the body. Our bodies arent perfect and never ingest and convert 100 percent of anything. Only about 50% of psilocybin is absorped by the body...the other 50 percent is sent on into bile, urine and excrement. So help your body convert psilocybin into psilocin by hydrolyzing it in a very acidic environment. Im not saying lemon juice is a correct catalyst, but the theory is very sound scientifically.

Couldnt help put this to rest. So best case, lemon juice is not. Phosphric acid obviously haha. Im not sure if you can buy it at the store in liquid form...if not, do not get the salt...no way to convert it to a liquid without diluting it seriously. If so, grind up your shrooms, let them soak in the acid for different amounts of time. Because it is not a permanent process, it is reversible and naturally so. Reversible phosphorylation-dephosphorylation reaction occurs in every physiological process, making proper function of protein phosphases necessary for organism viability. Because protein dephosphorylation is a key process involved in cell signalling, protein phosphatases are implicated in conditions such as cardiac disease, diabetes, and Alzheimer's disease.
So know it does help, lemon juice may not be the best catalyst, but it does work at the right time interval.

You mean simmering sun dried fly ageric in lemon juice... Very unpleasant but a cup full may have been an overdose...

Coca-cola contains phosphoric acid, no?

Would consuming with coke achieve any kind of useful results? haha