• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 25B-NBOMe (NBOMe-2C-B) Thread

What [b]in your experience[/b] would be a maximum responsible buccal dose for 25B?

• up to 300 μg

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • up to 450 μg

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • up to 600 μg

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • up to 900 μg

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • up to 1200 μg

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • a dose higher than 1200 μg

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters

any major dude

Bluelight Crew
Welcome to The Big & Dandy 25B-NBOMe Thread

pk5526.png

2-(4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[(2-methoxyphenyl)methyl]ethanamine

Reagent drug test info for NBOMe compounds

External Links:
25X-NBOMe, 25X-NBOH SAFETY MESSAGE

poison.jpg

This is a newly discovered group of chemicals, with little history of human use.
It has already become clear that these substances carry substantial risks that must be highlighted.

Some facts you should know about The 25X - NBOMe series:

25x NBOMe chemicals have killed at "normal" recreational doses.
  • We don't know how it kills.
  • People have died from doses that are smaller than ones they've taken in the past.
  • We don't know the reasons why it is so unpredictable yet.
Doses can lead to psychotic episodes and ER visits
  • If you or people around you must take these drugs, avoid combinations and advise others to avoid it as well.
  • If someone appears to be overdosing, it is important to get medical attention quickly to minimize chance of death or injury.
These chemicals are sometimes mislabeled and sold as LSD or "acid"
  • If in doubt about your drugs, learn how to test them using testing kits/reagents. Don't have blind faith in the reputation of your source.
  • A good rule of thumb is "if it's bitter it's a spitter"
  • If you take blotters sold as LSD, swallowing them may render NBOMe type compounds inactive while swallowing LSD will work just as well!

And finally information for people pushing the dosage with NBOMe's:

The NBOMe series is known to be more dangerous than other psychedelic drug families. High doses can easily result in severe reactions such as seizures and HPPD. It is possible to get away with high doses because the mental component of the trip is mild so it may not feel as intense as other psychedelics even though there are powerful visuals. In order to try and overcome this some users take several doses to get a more intense/spiritual experience. While this does work for some, for others this is where the serious side-effects emerge.

As a result of this it is recommended that if you are seeking an intense experience, something more than eye candy, you select a different psychedelic with a higher natural intensity and better safety record such as 2C-E or LSD.

It is strongly advised that users do not take more than 1.5 doses of this drug, with one dose generally agreed to be 0.9 mg (900 ug).

Insufflating doses further increases the risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually thinking about making a thread asking if there was a thread on this. I will have the chance to test it out soon and am fairly excited. I think I only read one report on it? Can't even remember properly. What would everyones thoughts on a proper starter dose would be? The only reference i've even seen is the Wiki article that states its active at 400-650 ug insufflated. Also the lone TR. Many people were discussing using the new HPBC method of administering the NBOMe's a poster on here has been studying. Any thoughts on this? Hope to see this thread get some posts going!

Last edited:
No worries - I'm sure this thread will be filling up with all kinds of questions and reports soon enough :)

I think honestly the only poster who has commented on this so far has been Erny - everyone else is going to be a pioneer.

yeah, i'm unaware of anything aside from erny's TR. Hopefully i'll be able to get my hands on some in a couple weeks as well ;)

I wouldn't start with more than 100-200µg just to be safe, as there's next to no info on this at all. I'd imagine potency will be similar to the other halogenated 25x-NBOMe's though.

As far as the complexation of nbome's with hydroxy-propyl-beta-cyclodextrin, I am certain that when complexed, you go from 50% to 95% buccal absorption in my experience. 95% absorption of hydrophobic drugs complexed to HPBCD has been reported in studies by Dr. Joseph Pitha on sublingually applied HPBCD-complexed testosterone (quite hydrophobic just like the nbome molecules) whereas normally, only 40% or so absorption of testosterone base powder is achieved without complexation, HPBCD complexation causes quite a dramatic jump in absorption and effectiveness in 20 minutes time. Studies can be found on-line and in the links I give in the big and dandy 25c thread.

Have posted instructions on how this is done in the big and dandy 25c-nbome thread and also the small and fancy 25i-nbome thread. In my experience, HPBCD complexed nbome applied to upper gum in the form of a 1.75" x 5/16" wide filter paper strip (the rectangle blotter cut from #103 filter paper) does indeed achieve the exact same potency as the same amount applied nasally, so yes, buccally applied HPBCD-complexed nbome is equipotent to non-complexed nasally applied nbome. I've seen the "beta-cyclodextrin" version of this stuff on auction sites, but perhaps maybe someday, someone will offer the hydroxy-propyl version of this. It's possible that beta-cyclodextrin would work just about as well as hydroxy-propyl-beta-cyclodextrin but I have no idea as I only use the hydroxy-propyl version. Swim got his HPBCD powder many years ago from a sports company that went out of business shortly after the pro-hormone ban of the Bush years. There are actually a couple places (outside of auction sites ) that directly have Hydroxypropyl Beta Cyclodextrin. In any case, there are hundreds of research papers on the science of HPBCD, "Trappsol" and other fancy sounding brand names are currently used for the stuff these days it seems.

How long/well does HPBCD store? Apparently very well, after almost 7 years, the HPBCD was stored in the original plastic screw lid container it came in, still as good/fresh as the day it was opened. No special storage conditions needed, just keep in a cool dark & dry place at room temperature.

Last edited:
yeah, i'm unaware of anything aside from erny's TR. Hopefully i'll be able to get my hands on some in a couple weeks as well ;)

I wouldn't start with more than 100-200µg just to be safe, as there's next to no info on this at all. I'd imagine potency will be similar to the other halogenated 25x-NBOMe's though.
Yeah I figured that would be a good area. With so little data and mainly guesses I was even thinking 50 mcg. I'll probably just wait it out for another to test first so I don't ruin my receptors for a week or so.

I am very glad to hear you believe buccal vs insufflation to be nearly identical in potency. I would have to assume this is just an educated guess though correct? It does however seem to be pretty accurate. I will test this for myself when I receive 25B and HPBCD. I also noticed many popular auction sites had BCD. Its BA is ridiculously lowered compared to HPBCD according to the internet. There are a few places where HPBCD can be acquired today though so no worries. Fairly excited to try it out and see how well it really works.

Thanks for the comments Help?!?!. Yes, that's very true, there are a few places where HPBCD can be gotten directly with a little searching with no hassles, as for example the "sports supplements" companies are able to get it no problems. I quoted the general research paper from Joseph Pitha in the 25c-nbome big and dandy thread on the 95% absorption of sublingual testosterone base in 20 minutes. Testosterone is extremely hydrophobic with a solubility in water of something like 0.039mg per ml, practically in-soluble, however, when complexed to HPBCD, it becomes 100% water soluble. Guess what else is very hydrophobic (water-fearing)?, yes, that's right the nbome's, especially 25i-nbome. HPBCD can be thought of as like a "molecular condomn" that traps drug molecules in it's donut-shaped hole so that they can be delivered directly to surfaces of the mucosal cavities in the mouth with high effectiveness. At last, there is a healthy role for sugar molecules to play other than destroying our health and well-being my contributing to diabetes and sugar/glucose regulation problems, fat storage, insulin surges, etc, LOL. Yes, the HPBCD-complexed molecule is so effective bucally that I will never use nasal methods again, it works that well imho.
1. Water

HPBCD is very soluble in water. Substitution of the hydroxyl groups of the BCD disrupts the network of hydrogen bonding around the rim of the BCD. As a result of disruption of the hydrogen-bonding network, the hydroxyl groups interact much more strongly with water resulting in increased solubility compared to BCD. Solubilities of HPBCD are typically listed at >60% at amnbient temperature. As the concentraion becomes higher, viscosity begins to increase and solubility determinations become difficult to perform due to slow filtration rates and at very high solids levels, slow dissolution because of high viscosities making mixing difficult.

Solvents

HPBCD is more soluble in solvents than BCD, but extensive work has not been done to characterize the solubility of HPBCD in solvents. The table below shows the solubility in selected alcohols.

Solubility (g/100ml)

95% ethanol 225g/100ml
isopropanol 152g/100ml

solubility of HPBCD in ethanol-water mixtures:

0% ethanol concentration: 360g/100ml
20% ethanol concentration: 340g/100ml
40% ethanol concentration: 320g/100ml
60% ethanol concentration: 295g/100ml
80% ethanol concentration: 265g/100ml
95% ethanol concentration: 225g/100ml

In most cases, only one molecule is included in the cavity of HPBCD. In the case of some low molecular weight guests, more than one molecule of guest might fit into the cavity. In the case of some high molecular weight molecules, more than one molecule of cyclodextrin might bind to the guest. Only a portion of the molecule must fit into the cavity to form a complex. As a result, a one-to-one molar ratio is not always achieved, especially with high or low molecular weight guests and some prelimiary complex formation and analysis is needed to determine relative amounts of cyclodextrin and guest to be added for complexation.

Hydroxyproply Beta Cyclodextrin (HPCD) (CAS #94035-02-6) is a partially substituted poly (hydroxypropyl) ether of beta cyclodextrin (BCD). The empiracal formula is: (C42 H70-n035). (C3 H7 O)n it contains not less than 10.0 percent and not more than 45.0 percent hydroxypropoxy(-OCH2CHOHCH3) groups. The structure is shown below where
R represents either hydrogen or a hydroxypropoxy group.

R=CH2CH(OH)CH3 or H

The solubility of HPBCD is quite high, exceeding 600mg/ml in water, and exceeding 225mg/ml in 95% etoh. Viscosity is not an issue in concentrations below 55%

The molecular weight of HPBCD is 1375.36

The molecular weight of NBome-2c-I is 427.277

The molecular weight of testosterone is 288.42 (95% sublingual absorption achieved in 20 minutes when complexed to HPBCD according to published research (Pitha, Joseph). This figure falls to 50% or less when it is not complexed to HPBCD and applied sublingually over the same 20 minute period.

Dazed (on HPBCD-complexed hormones):
The conventional penetration enhancers like alcohols or polyethylene glycol act by disrupting the lipid layers of membranes.(3) That is a big source of irritation from the old formula, and this irritation can thus be avoided by the use of CD’s (cyclodextrins). Another advantage is, once administered, the steroid is rapidly absorbed sublingually. Nearly 95% of the steroid will be absorbed within 20 minutes. This also causes the need for multiple doses throughout the day.

Last edited:
I've also had my eye on this for a while and wondered quietly why so little info is available. So, i came across the Ettrup-paper which has been mentioned in a few other threads. It looks like 25B-NBOMe is way better at crossing the BBB than 25I-NBOMe and 25C-NBOMe (or any of the other drugs tested). Also the binding affinity is better as is the receptor activation. So, I'm guessing that using tregars ROA (nice work btw) the dose should be about half or less than 25I-NBOMe

interesting, hadn't read that. Definitely gonna check it out though. Did not know 25B substantially different in receptor activation & crossing the BBB either. Good info to have for sure!

The doses are in the 200-1000 mcg range like those of the others NBOMes with halogens. Many find 700 mcg to be suitably enough, some claim it is a little too much.

I personally do not like this chem, it is not as rewarding as D or I or C. Just a potent PEA-psychedelic with DOB undertones. It may also have pronounced bodyload. And many people complained about vasoconstriction being too strong for them to like it.

Just had experience with this compound and made this post in the 25I-NBOMe thread not realizing this 25B-NBOMe thread existed.

Thought I should contribute some small info on 25b-nbome. Just started testing with the 25b over the weekend. I found sublingual and insufflation to be the best ROA. Oral(with liquid) just doesn't work well for this compound. 2-3mg sublingual dose was very meditating and chill. Didn't notice much visual. Tried 4-5mg two days later and there were strong visual effects. It was much gentler come up than 2c-e in terms of body load n etc. I know my doses look higher than norm here but again my 25b has impurity of 40-60% dextrose. Will give it a go again in two weeks and maybe I can write a detailed trip report in the proper section then.

Edit: Oops just realized there is small and fancy 25B-MBOMe thread. Mods can move this post there if needed.

Would you say that this is becoming more widely available? I'm not trying to source but Im quite interested in it.

I've yet to see this offered by a "mainstream" vendor where it didn't turn out to be a scam or a failure.

here is some information i acquired

Active from 1mg. Over 4mg it is rather strong.
This works for 5-8h in 1-3mg range over this it can lasts after 8-10h
This dissolves well in ethanol if you want to make blotter
and also well in water if you want to make liquid dropper.
Works sublingual (under tongue)or insufflated (sniff) way.
because the chem is decaying in stomach

Threshold
0,5-1mg (0,0005-0,001g)
Light
1 - 2 mg
Common
2- 3 mg
Strong
3-5 mg
Heavy
+ 5 mg

VERY IMPORTANT:

the agent is 99% pure
but it was cut with about 50% dextrose

be careful apparently some 25b-nbome that has been going around has been cut with dextrose "about 50%"...

Last edited:
here is some information i acquired
This information is undoubtedly some kind of error.

I'd repeat if you don't remember: 2C-B-NBOMe is the most common NBOMe-PEA in Russia and is the one that is the most explored. I probably took too much of it as well as DOB before, and I am wery familliar with theirs effects. To the point where I don't know what much to say about them, such 4-bromine substituted PEAs are a sort of archetypycal thing to me.

2 mg of pure substance is my common dose, 3 mg is a heavy dose. I was able to feel it at 0,1 mg i/m. For the majority of population 0,5 mg is a common dose, 0,7 mg is a strong dose, and 1 mg is a heavy one.

lol that must be the same vendor i got mine from
didnt think it being cut with dextrose would be a big issue tho

The Russians get all the cool drugs. 25B *and* Krokodil?! Amazing!