Sleeping Disorder Forum/Portal

ghostfreak

Moderator: DC, F&TV, S&G
Staff member
As mentioned on my blog here I have been thinking of starting up a new site that would primarily focus on sleeping disorders, insomnia, studies on the topic, as well as reviews of medication and of course links back to Bluelight (if it's allowed).

I'd be looking for a few users to help out as well so if you're interested don't hesitate to contact me.

Think this would be a good idea?

Last edited:
I'd have a read. My insomnia is fucking awful. Delayed sleep onset (sometimes ridiculously so) and sleep maintenance problems (waking regularly). Some nights i can only sleep a few hours, though it's more common for me to oversleep when i finally fall asleep (10-18hrs). Hypersomnia is one of the symptons of my depression (sleeping too long).

On my 5th sleep med at the moment. It's a benzo like 2 previous ones. Also was on an antihistamine and a Z drug.

Thanks for the reply Benergy, on my third sleep med at the moment Zopiclone (along with Seroquel) but it does next to nothing (after temezapam and Zolpdiem).

Here are some posts related to sleep paralysis.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/578120-Using-drugs-to-investigate-sleep-paralysis
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/513455-Opiates-Lucid-Dreams-amp-Sleep-Paralysis

I would be interested in your site and I think some of the others in those threads would be too. I suffer from sleep paralysis and I had never had anyone to talk to about it till these threads on BL. Most people I've talked to about it look at me like I'm crazy. I have always wondered if it is caused by DMT in the brain because it seems like a very psychedelic state.

I would also be interested in a site such as you describe. Benergy.. your sleep problems sound so similar to mine with the exception that I was diagnosed bipolar way back at 22, so if I'm tending toward "manic" phase then I don't sleep at all, even with medication, for 2 days then on 3rd day I sleep 12 plus hrs and that repeats. (Once I went 4 days and nights and that turned out just horrid, landing me in hospital .. bad bad time) Last year I remember going through everything sleep med out there.. the new ones and ambien (zolpidem), and temazepam, seroquel, trazodone, omg everything. I had so much medication piled up that I'd just rotate and see if I could just get some nights of rest. Last several months have been bad again so was prescribed the ambien (again) which on top of pain medication was too strong. Now for tonight's try is sonata again because it is shorter acting my doc says. But I'm certain that my bipolar disorder would be so much better if I could get regular sleep. Anyway wishing you luck with the zolpidem and with your site, ghostfreak :)

Appreciate the input guys, and thanks for the links to the articles thurston :)

I PM'd replies to this thread - just to let you know.

**This will be live sometime today when the hosting goes through**

Last edited: