Bluelight

Thread: Kanna

1. Collapse Details
    Kanna 
    I recently purchased kanna powdered form in 5g. I've heard people getting good results from smoking, others say snorting it. What is the best RoA, i don't like the idea of snorting plant material up my nose.

If i was to snort it would i get instant stimulation effects and euphoria, as smoking it is supposed to have sedative effects. I'm also on mirtazapine and quetiapine so is it safe to take kanna with these meds, thanks

bump anyone?
    Last edited by Evad; 09-08-2011 at 22:33.

2. Collapse Details

Bump.
    I am also prescribed Mirtazapine, but only use it once in a while in small doses of an eighth (1.785 mg) to a half (7.5 mg) of a tablet.
    I use kanna once in a while. I have never snorted it, also because I don't want plant material in my nose.
    Smoked, I find that it gives no euphoria what so ever in any doses. It gives extremely mild stimulation, comparable to caffeine but without the jitteryness.

The positive effect that I use it for is a calm, relaxed state of mind that allows me to just stare into the distance without worry.

I have never mixed mirtazapine and kanna, but I feel sluggish from the 7.5 mg I used last night (that antihistamine effect is both a blessing and a curse in a drug with a 20-40 hour half-life) so I wanted to use kanna as a relaxing perk-up. Of course, I googled the combo first, and it led me to this thread. I can't stand having a dead end like this being (at the time of writing) the second result on google on a search for "mirtazapine kanna", so allow me to play guinea pig.

I'm going to smoke a bowl (~250 mg) of kanna now. It is currently 13 hours after I dosed 7.5 mg mirtazapine. I have no other drugs in my system save for perhaps some negligible trace amounts of MDAI. I will report back in a bit.

Edit after smoking:
    I measured it out, so it was exactly 250 mg.
    I am using a fresh screen and a recently cleaned bowl, so there will be no "contamination" from cannabis resin in this little experiment.
    First hit. Inhale, exhale. My mood already improved noticeably, there is some increased mental clarity, reduced pessimism in my thought pattern. Usual Kanna effects.
    Second hit. The gentle come-up continues. I feel a bit hungry, maybe from the taste of the smoke. Brief nausea noticed from 0-30 seconds after exhaling, but it receded completely.
    Third hit. Strengthening of existing effects. Nothing adverse. The nausea is definitely from hunger induced by tasting the smoke. I last ate 20 hours ago, so I do need food.
    Fourth hit - bowl cashed. The kanna did exactly what I needed it to. A mild mental perk-up without physical stimulation. Mild to moderate mood improvement. The feeling of sluggishness from the mirtazapine is about a quarter of its intensity before dosing kanna.
    I feel a very light pressure, not even enough to be mildly uncomfortable, in the back of my head.

Heart rate increased very slightly (by 5-7 bpm estimated), probably due to increased intracellular cAMP.
    Blood pressure seems normal, but I don't own a sphygmomanometer so I can't measure it.
    Body temperature seems unchanged.

My movements seem slightly more "planned" and fluid than before, less robotic. This may be a placebo effect, or a residual effect from the mild mental stimulation.

I'm getting hungrier and hungrier so I have to end this little "trip report" post now. Hopefully someone else will read it one day when they are in doubt of whether or not they can mix kanna with their mirtazapine-based medication, be it Remeron, Zispin, Avanza or something else.
    Last edited by basement_shaman; 18-09-2011 at 16:49.

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Tried it a few times through boredom and because it's so cheap.

Snorted 2 fat lines once yuck combined with a sublingual dose and achieved a huuuuge euphoric rush that lasted about half an hour. I could never achieve this state again and have no idea what caused this. If it had this effect every time i would have bought a kilo. Hit and miss shit. Minor,subtle clear headed buzz at best,antidepressant qualities. Nothing special.

4. Collapse Details

I just snorted a medium (~60 mg) line of kanna after smoking some of it. There is pronounced euphoria. I am content and serene. Not bad.
    I chose to snort it now since I almost finished my bag, and the herb at the bottom of the bag was much finer and more powdery than the shredded coarse herb I had been smoking until then.

edit: Wooow okay I posted way too early :O this is much better than I initially thought wtf, holy shit this is fucking awesome, afk snorting another line

Edit 2: Holy. Fucking. Shit. I did not expect this. I am so ... glowing. Colors are immensely intensified. This is beyond unexpected.

Edit 3: Lasted a good hour. I am not complaining. Still good effects but the euphoria mostly subsided. Not doing any more right now.
    Last edited by basement_shaman; 16-10-2011 at 14:50.

5. Collapse Details

What is Kanna, I often had a can a Guinness but this is knew.

6. Collapse Details

Snorting this stuff actually sounds pretty good bar the bit about how minging it is and the hit being a bit inconsistant.

7. Collapse Details

Let me just say that I had that 10 gram bag of kanna lying around for five months and only used a bit more than a gram a month, but after discovering the high it gave me from snorting it I went through the rest of the bag in a few days.

8. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Don't get me wrong,when it hits,you definitely feel it,i just found the inconsistancy of the hits a tad frustrating.

It's kind of like a comeup that doesn't go anywhere.
    Last edited by scrooloose; 21-10-2011 at 09:47.

9. Collapse Details

bumpin this cuz I had some questions if anyone could answer... mainly I'm thinking about getting this because I'm on probation/getting drug tested and I haven't smoked weed (or gotten high at all) in 6 months now and I'm getting to the point where I just need something.. but I really can't piss dirty and violate. Everything I've read says this won't show up on a piss test, can anyone say from experience that it definitely won't?

Also if I do end up getting some, I heard the best way to take is just to put a little on your gums/under your tongue, any reccomendations?

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by basement_shaman View Post
    I just snorted a medium (~60 mg) line of kanna after smoking some of it. There is pronounced euphoria. I am content and serene. Not bad.
    I chose to snort it now since I almost finished my bag, and the herb at the bottom of the bag was much finer and more powdery than the shredded coarse herb I had been smoking until then.

edit: Wooow okay I posted way too early :O this is much better than I initially thought wtf, holy shit this is fucking awesome, afk snorting another line

Edit 2: Holy. Fucking. Shit. I did not expect this. I am so ... glowing. Colors are immensely intensified. This is beyond unexpected.

Edit 3: Lasted a good hour. I am not complaining. Still good effects but the euphoria mostly subsided. Not doing any more right now.
    Maybe i just got a substandard batch,but the one and only rush i ever got off it was surprisingly intense.I remember flopping back on my bed thinking OMFG!!!! Yes there is definitely colour enhancement................sometimes. I remember reading on the now defunct EDIT forum about reverse tolerance,taking a little each day,letting it accumulate into your system. Some days you feel it,other days nothing.

OCHKHUU (is that some kind of scottish slang?),be prepared to be overwhelmed or underwhelmed. I would vouch for the latter.

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Bumping here to see any more experiences from you guys? I was just hoping to see consistent good experiences from you guys but I see mixed reviews everywhere.
    I got an ounce and a half of this(fermented) coming my way and I am pretty sure it is legit quality.
    I got an ounce of "tea cut" version(coarser grind) and half ounce of regular powder version coming my way. Is smoking this even worth trying? And how about making tea with it?
    Anybody have experience with tea or any other oral ways?
    I am trying to kick my kratom habit for a while and thought this herb could help ease these mild withdrawals I get from kratom after quitting.
    Any more reports or advice is appreciated heh.

12. Collapse Details

I only ever used the extract, never the normal powder. Always either snorted or chugged down with fruit juice. It came with a kratom order from the same source so I never took it on its own, always in combination with kratom. I only ever bought it once last year, from what I can remember I don't think I felt anything the first time, but on the following days I did find increased euphoria from the kratom and mood enhancement. I think the extract was fairly pricey and it tasted rank, not really worth it IMO, can get similar results by upping the kratom and taking a few Rhodiola Rhosea supplements.

To Onandoff: for the kratom WD take 40mgs of loperamide(immodium), helps a lot. For the depression, feelings of worthlessness try Passiflora Incarnata extracts and Rhodiola, they do help a bit.
    Last edited by Mental Kenny; 31-10-2012 at 10:06.

13. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Thanks for that advice Kenny. Already have loperamide and Rhodiola. I think I know where to find Passiflora extracts too.