Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 films that got my hopes pretty up, well talking about those that include a villain. Predator & Venom, both sucked. They could be way more darker than they were especially Venom. In 2008, I downloaded a torrent that got a short-film ~Venom~ didn't know because it wasn't originally named and iirc it was some techno mixes, it was about 40m and belive or not I am blaming myself for not saving it tho fuck it, that was the real one.

This was the Predator, original story. Not this fuckery with fuckin schwarzenegger or 2018

I just saw venom recently.
Like most Spider-Man related things, I find the script to be too childish for my taste. (Like deadpool attitude, if deadpool was a pussy.) The plot was really shoved together as well. Visually it was great though, I will say that.

^^Disney will own the rights to Alien reboots if they successfully buy out Fox like they plan to in 2019. I shudder at the thought of a Disney produced Alien film... Just like I feel sick every time I see the back of my new copy of Heir to the Empire and it has the damn Disney logo on it...

First Man

This was an extremely good drama. Drew tears out of me within' the first half hour. Then more throughout. I love anything 60s period piece, and I especially love NASA related stuff, so this movie was right up my alley. Gosling is the actor of the century, his portrayal of a reserved Neil Armstrong was fantastic. I think some creative liberties were taken with his life but they made for an excellent, emotional drama.

Highly recommend seeing this while it's in theaters.

7.8/10

96eQmKSy5P2XzmJfxfqM7E3hca6.jpg

An eight-episode story charting seven days from the life of a cocaine dealer whose perfectly organized life begins to sink into chaos while he is forced to make the most important choices in his life.

7.4-8.2/10. Realistic, evil, aesthetics, story, etc.

Name : Blinded by the Lights

Watched Interview with a Vampire and Ferris Bueller's Day Off tonight, neither for the first time.

Forgot how damn literally gay Interview was. I mean, jesus. Were they going for gay with that? Not a bad movie though.

Always enjoy Ferris. Cameron is the true main character of that film. The scene in the museum where he's starring at that painting and they play that dream academy cover of that Smiths song? Omg I fuckin' love it so much. So much deeper than the decade it was created in.

Vampires have no need for sexual reproduction, why not be gay?
Fair enough lol. It just seemed sort of weird how that was pretty much ALL vampires. Like Antonio Banderas saving Pitt's character at the end. Cuz he loved him. And they all had the long hair. It was so weird really.

Lol, no I get what you're saying. Vampires are pretty gay. But I mean, you're immortal and see young Banderas, Cruise, and Pitt frolicking around...

still not as gay as Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner tho.

220px-Prospect_film_poster.jpg

Low budget but it was not at all bad. I mean it was crafted with mastery despite being incredibly low production.

The Meg

Jason Statham stars as a rescue diver. Opening scenes his crew is connected to a nuclear sub at the ocean floor, nobody survives that deep. He gets the crew out of the sub when something outside bumps the crap out of his rescue sub. His team is trying to get back with him, but they keep getting battered to the point where the next hit will kill everyone. He makes the decision, seals his team in the abandoned sub to die, disconnects and saves those he can. Fast forward a few years, he's a drunk in Thailand and refuses to dive anymore...but...

We have a research station built into an offshore rig that sends an exploratory sub to what is believed to be the bottom of the ocean, but is determined to be a thermal layer with undiscovered species below. Explorer sub goes down and gets bumped (deva vu) and can't get back up. So, they send for Jason. On the rig we have Jason's good friend as operations leader, a wise old Japanese research leader, a semi-hot tattooed technology chick, a whinging black guy who drives the remote drones, and of course your billionaire asshole funding the whole thing and being self-centered. Oh, and the old Jap researcher has a daughter on board who is an underwater biology expert, and her daughter, an 8y old that people ignore but who befriends Jason to protect her mom.

Premise, okay. Characters, pretty well done. Boobs, none. Action and suspense, actually a LOT better than expected, with plenty of little humor shots thrown in for good measure. I won't spoil the main twist, but it's one you can suspect but aren't sure of - and it's played off VERY well...for a shark film. I expected a stupid shark film,but between the effects, suspense and action/suspense/comedy, I do have to recommend it as better than expected. 7.5/10

^^No boobs really ruins a movie sometimes ;)

Me and some friends have made it a point that every movie we watch we have to discuss the boobage - any seen? Any harmed in the making of the film? etc. Just habit at this point.

Disney will own the rights to Alien reboots if they successfully buy out Fox like they plan to in 2019. I shudder at the thought of a Disney produced Alien film... Just like I feel sick every time I see the back of my new copy of Heir to the Empire and it has the damn Disney logo on it...

This Disney buyout has been making me wonder just how bad that will screw up any future Alien films with Ridley Scott/ Scott Free/ BrandyWine productions after watching Alien: Covenant again today. Esp now considering how it ended and the huge possibilities still left after Prometheus/ Covenant. Though Ridley is getting into his eighties I'd love to see at least one more. Too bad H.R. Giger died before seeing Covenant.

Was "Covenant" any good?

"Prometheus" seemed to get mixed reviews but I enjoyed it

I liked it and the continuation of the story through "David" and the flaws in that particular series of humanoid? or hybrid android?. Covenant moves the story up to a mission of colonists in hypersleep/ frozen embryos traveling to a new planet to colonize and terraform.

I won't give anymore away but Michael Fassbender(s) is great and it's very decent sci-fi of the newer Alien: Prometheus variety. Worth it if you liked Prom. but not quite epic or anything.

Hit three today

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
I enjoyed it. Was a little busy with special effects and is a heavy set up for the next movie.

Robin Hood
My son really enjoyed it.

Overlord
We both loved this one. Some really intense action. Good movie.

american beauty. first film my sister worked on, got to see it early ( against moms wishes ) ;p

sometimes i feel like kevin spacey workin out in his garage, smokin weed... but that dude is creep irl iirc...
that's awesome about your sister. love that scene. 1999 was the year i was first allowed to watch r-rated movies. my parents wanting me to see Saving Private Ryan, plus The Matrix coming out, opened the floodgates. still i wasn't allowed to see American Beauty right away. same with Fight Club. had to plead for a few months before my parents to give in.

i'm way behind. sure i've forgotten many. and a lot of details of those i do remember. in order of goodness ...

Paris, Texas
beautiful. odd, awesome cast. the second half is five stars. waited so long to watch this because i didn't think it included a mesmerizing actress despite being the type of slow, soft film that should. oops.

Donald Cried
funny as fuck and not otherwise empty. has a weird, dark feel that never went too far. the guy playing donald is great. the good father/facebook convo and a few other moments had me laughing out loud by myself on the rowing machine.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
"The Gal Who Got Rattled" is hands down my favorite. all are worth watching. coen brother's hopping on the cgi bandwagon. sure looks like shit.

Mustang
had already seen it but didn't write it down so oh well. it was ok to watch again. a foreign remake of The Virgin Suicides. linen, little girls, and soft lighting.

On Body and Soul
kinda bland. the theme of attempting to break through the picture of life to connect with another human is worthwhile. the exploration is ethereal and Romantic.

Miss Stevens
like The United States of Lealand. has a deep atmosphere while not saying anything. cool cover art.

Tokyo Idols
poorly made documentary about an interesting subject. crazy thing they got going on there with these "handshake events." the filmmakers are being deceptive without good reason. the angles in which they film the concerts are trying to make the show seem full. maybe they were embarrassed about not being able to get participants with larger celebrity? that it's 10 or so men in a big empty room watching a child girl perform on stage is way more gritty. and the first half of the movie is inexplicably about a girl that's too old to fit the profile. exploring how the "expiration date" effects these girls is worthwhile but should be later in the movie.

Suspiria (2018)
focuses and expands on the original's plot, instead of style. interesting approach. don't know who thinks the plot of Suspiria is the takeaway. not that it should be a copy of dario argento's style. it does play with sound and has a scene with an ode to the red, but the new director's rendition of these is not pleasing.

it's got a few stilted feminist lines and some of political commentary that are lost on me.

shocked this was filmed on 35mm. cgi laden with an overall digital look. looks like Sleeping Beauty (2011) with its muted colors and textureless look.

would like to see mia goth in something good. girl is sex. wish i liked lars von trier films.

The Incredible Jessica James
greta-gerwig-ish 20-something-girl-trying-to-make-in-the-city with a black protagonist. that's good. don't remember anything else about it. other than the title and some of the script makes it feel like a long tv show episode.

The Big Sick
corny.

The Company of Wolves
no way angela carter didn't hang her head. i'd seen the the werewolf party scene flipping through channels as a kid. remembered it being creepy with that The Thing stop motion effect. plus all rococo. not a good scene. best scene in the movie.

Private Life
boring and long to the point where i was staring at the screen but not watching.

Creep
The Blair Witch Project style. yet another horror film that horror fans describe as "different" despite being more of the same.

How to Talk to Girls at Parties
elle fanning interacts well with cameras. this movie's presentation of punk is cringe-worthy.

Last edited:
^ I just watched "the Ballad of Buster Scruggs" last night on Netflix. I dunno, I didn't much care for it. Usually I like Coen brothers stuff but that left me kind of underwhelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.