Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is completely accurate. My interest to watch movies is dwindling but I still see them from time to time.

The last I vividly recall seeing was A Quiet Place. Tense little creature feature that did justice to thrills in the moment but absolutely nothing worth writing home about. A pleasurable distraction. Wish it had a bit more to the story and were longer actually.

Finally got around to seeing Isle of Dogs. Spent two years in Japan in the 1990s doing translation work so I welcomed the opportunity to put my Japanese back to work since there was a lot left untranslated, particularly Atari's lines. Glad I finally got around to seeing it on the big screen before it leaves the theaters. Probably going to see A Quiet Place tomorrow. It's pouring rain all weekend so there's little else better to do than catch up on movie viewing.

Got around today to seeing A Quiet Place before it leaves the theaters. I was entertained, but I could have just as happily watched it on DVD at home. Didn't help that the person in front of me was incessantly texting and looking at Facebook for the entirety of the movie. If you spend twelve bucks on a movie ticket, why wouldn't you actually want to watch the movie???

Watched "The Frame" the other night, was a decent movie I thought, kind of bizarre. If you liked the movie "Ink" then you would like this movie.

I watched a movie call A Super Dark Times. A group of boys in high school borrow an older brother's sword to chop milk cartons in half and whatnot. One of the boys starts smoking weed and his friend gets angry because he stole the weed from his brother. They get into a fight the kid that took the weed accidentally gets stabbed, or so it seems...

I really liked the atmosphere of the movie. It had a strong nineties vibe with a nice soundtrack. The boys try to cover the murder up and drama ensues, including more murders. I thought the movie was pretty straightforward although some of it didn't make sense to me and seemed kind of random. Asspulls aside it was still enjoyable, although after reading theories on reddit about the female protagonist's role in the murders I am kind of annoyed. Either I missed something or these people are really reaching here. They make just enough sense for me to question my own judgement.

I forgot about having this in my Netflix queue ^ I bumped it up toward the front. Count me in for anything with 90s nostalgia, weed, and murder %)

Got around today to seeing A Quiet Place before it leaves the theaters. I was entertained, but I could have just as happily watched it on DVD at home. Didn't help that the person in front of me was incessantly texting and looking at Facebook for the entirety of the movie. If you spend twelve bucks on a movie ticket, why wouldn't you actually want to watch the movie???

This is on me list. No intention of spending money watching though - good call ;)

Watched "The Frame" the other night, was a decent movie I thought, kind of bizarre. If you liked the movie "Ink" then you would like this movie.

Links for reference plz. Share the love etc etc.

A fictional account, based on a biography. Good show.

....also boobs.:D

It was good. Saw it in the theater when it first came out. If the picture of the real Molly Bloom leaving court is any indication, the nice rack is true to life.
k9tb20.jpg

Blade Runner 2049

good looking, boring movie. usually can’t stand the look of cgi but the way the usage is appropriate. drags the dramatic irony out so long that when they throw in the surprise i didn’t give a fuck anymore. about when harrison ford appears, which feels gimmicky, i was done and having trouble paying attention. love ryan gosling. the fight scenes, the way they show he’s such an efficient battle bot, are great. like when he’s outnumbered after crashing and quickly kills a few of the enemies further away, knowing the one up close will be petrified in result. pretty fucking cool.

Ghost in the Shell (2017)

wild these came out so close to each other because the original Ghost in the Shell builds off the original Blade Runner so much (and then The Matrix builds from there). it’s fine to work the vibe and notable scenes into a new story to account for the change in form — like the film adaptation of Naked Lunch — but not if the new story is garbage. scarlett johansson is a wonderful actress who has no business playing an action hero, especially not this cold revenant-like one. michael pitt was great in his role. seeing the new water fight seen was interesting. this movie is not that good looking overall, but the still-camera shot of the police chief going to his car in the parking lot with those yellow strip lights is standout.

i actually saw these two a while ago and cannot remember what movie i recently saw. used to be so good about adding every film i watched to this thread. will work on it.

I still havn't seen Ghost in the Shell. I will go watch is on my day off now that you mention it. =)

Blade Runner 2049 was an okay movie. I really enjoyed how the movie ended, just wish they showed more lol.

I watched Dead Pool 2 the other day, it was an alright movie. when he puts together his own X-man team I thought it was kind of funny.

It was good. Saw it in the theater when it first came out. If the picture of the real Molly Bloom leaving court is any indication, the nice rack is true to life.
k9tb20.jpg

Kind of wish I had read the book, first....Indeed, Jessica Cheast-ain (ugh. Not my proudest moment there. :|) Smart one, also

Blade Runner 2049

good looking, boring movie. usually can’t stand the look of cgi but the way the usage is appropriate. drags the dramatic irony out so long that when they throw in the surprise i didn’t give a fuck anymore. about when harrison ford appears, which feels gimmicky, i was done and having trouble paying attention. love ryan gosling. the fight scenes, the way they show he’s such an efficient battle bot, are great. like when he’s outnumbered after crashing and quickly kills a few of the enemies further away, knowing the one up close will be petrified in result. pretty fucking cool.

It was LONG. =D

I still think Gosling added to the boredom. Shall not be moved on that.

Watched the remake of Stephen King's It​ on dvd. Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise the clown was suitably creepy though Tim Curry will always be Pennywise as far as I'm concerned.

about to watch the new 'A Quiet Place'. I love post-apocalyptic movies. Especially ones with monsters that have ultra-sensitive hearing.
meh I couldn't get into it.. it was in Chinese subtitles.

now I am watching 'The Nanny'.
update: The Nanny was a 3/10

Now watching Jurassic World.
Hey it was a pretty cool movie. really liked the part with the dinosaurs.

Last edited:
I saw Deadpool 2 recently. Better than the first imo. Worth a watch. Possibly the best super hero flick I've seen in years aside from Logan. The Logan reference at the beginning was icing on the cake lol.

Sad the Juggernaut never said, "I'm the Juggernaut, BITCH!"

8/10

i am making my way through all the marvel movies. last watched was 'avengers - age of ultron' which was great!

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.