Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice! i saw infinity war in the theatre -a friend dragged me along - which is why i'm going back to watch them all

alasdair

Well, for me and most people ultron was one of the worst MCU films. Definitely the worst of the three avengers.

Keep us us updated on your progress.

last watched Dunkirk with my girlfriend. maybe I was too stoned to wrap my head around it but the acting seemed a bit odd and at times I found my girl asking me what was going on and I could only respond with "...im not sure". and I'm a military and history nerd. did it come across a bit vague and odd to anyone else or do me and my girl just need to lay off the ganja? lol. plus I knew what happened at Dunkirk before watching the movie. still all in all a pretty good movie.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas​ as part of the local arthouse theater's "Cult Classics" series, on the original 35mm print. Just as fun and insane as it ever was. Made me wistful for the days when I could do that.

I did too. Maybe the most underrated film in the MCU... looking forward to Ant-Man and the Wasp

the scene where he enters the 'quantum realm' was really well done :)

also, evangeline lilly is a fox :)

alasdair

Saw Blockers last night. Classic coming of age comedy with a parental twist. Hilarious acting from John Cena. Good shit :)

7/10

Just finished Death Note(2017).

googled 'top scifi movies of 2017' and it was on the list, so gave it a shot. Wasn't so bad, sorta/kinda like the anime, I would rate this movie a 6/10, just because I liked the anime.

The Hunger

Not to be confused with Sarandon and Deneuve, or the likes.

Directer Kenneth Karlstad,

The Hunger trailer

?The Hunger? is the story of J?rgen, a teen whose idea of human perfection is a nearly mute drug-dealer named Peggy who wears a crude ?Lucifer? tattoo on his chest and sticks steroid needles in his butt to feed his bulging muscles. J?rgen?s thirst for acceptance is at times hilariously misguided and endearing, while at others embarrassingly familiar. Director Kenneth Karlstad pumped up this coming-of-age story with elements of magical realism and visual steroids that provide a bold juxtaposition to the dreary boredom of his protagonist?s ?normal? life with a sweet single dad who folds his laundry for him. Using deafening techno beats, blinding bright lights bursting out of Peggy?s windows and rivers of sweat dripping from his posse?s cartoonishly toned bodies, ?The Hunger? is as much a story about the desire to achieve and maintain society?s absurd masculine ideal as it is about a vulnerable kid simply trying to belong somewhere.

For Kenneth, J?rgen?s story relates to his own in more ways than one:

?The Hunger? is a glamorization of some very bad but very fun things that happened during my teenage years. I had a lot of questions about why many of my friends and I started to seek out trouble and danger in my hometown.The town where I grew up is a typical industrial and workers town where sports are the main cultural focus and general identity. It?s a masculine and competitive environment.he worst thing you can be as a boy is gay or sensitive.If you are, then you?ve lost. I had homoerotic dream when I was seventeen and it sent me into two months of depression and identity hell. Speaking to someone about it didn?t even cross my mind. It was a male taboo to talk about that stuff and still is to some degree.?

I just watched 'A Perfect Day' (2015) - Benicio Del Toro, Tim Robbins, Olga Kurylenko.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3577624/

"During the Yugoslav war, three hapless aid workers head out to dislodge a corpse tainting a villages water supply. The day goes a bit south from there"

This was surprisingly good. Dark humor/drama piece on a series of unexpected events in the last days of the war. - 7/10.

black panther, i think it was overhyped as i was a little disappointed. but still enjoyable.

alasdair

black panther, i think it was overhyped as i was a little disappointed. but still enjoyable.

alasdair

Yeah I can't stand how everything is so hyped these days. I loved it on opening day, but I can imagine after all the box office success and subsequent media coverage it may come across a tad bit underwhelming.

^ Absolutely...relates to most over-marketed, concepts/fillms. Unfortunate.

The Ladykillers

An Ealing studios comfort, while napping on the couch. Cotton-wool stuff. :)

Alec Guinness. <3

Last edited:
^ I saw the Tom Hanks/Cohen Bros 2004 remake of that a couple weeks ago. Nothing like the original but decent for say, something to watch over lunch maybe. Tom Hanks did a fair job, I am preferential to JK Simmons too but nothing award winning or anything. Well okay the Evening Standard British Film Award for Best Technical/Artistic Achievement but that's about it.

didnt saw it yet but i really love Alpha, its a movie about a dude and a wolf surviving in a ice-age era

^
Nice concept. :)

^ I saw the Tom Hanks/Cohen Bros 2004 remake of that a couple weeks ago. Nothing like the original but decent for say, something to watch over lunch maybe. Tom Hanks did a fair job, I am preferential to JK Simmons too but nothing award winning or anything. Well okay the Evening Standard British Film Award for Best Technical/Artistic Achievement but that's about it.

Haven't seen that, JA but it's a good comedic concept worth re-iterating, fo sho. ;) Think the show has got many theatrical runs over the years - wonder if it had an influence on the scene from Goodfellas, where they meet Jo Pesci's mother?

The Disaster Artist. Hilarious. Depicts this dude Tommy Wiseau in the late 90's - early 00's trying to get into the entertainment industry and he eventually decides to just make his own movie.
[h=1][/h]

SICARIO.
Good, kind of disturbing.
The kind of lawyer I wanted to be and deep-down always was.
Him and Saul Goodman... but this world has turned me into something much closer to Tuco.
M's gotta eat tho!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Games: Yakuza 0, Tekken, MGSV.
-too sick, couldn't play. That was 17 mo ago maybe 14? not sure.
-all my stuff = in storage 3k km away/ friend's house.
-Will play when I return.
-I love MGS.
-I loved naked snake and mgs1 mgs 2 snake. DEMON SNAKE not so cool, but I get it. Altho change "what I get" most likely (twists in the game. tried not to spoil it, still need to pass it).
-May buy ps4pro.

-Sicario 2 probably not as good. Different director, and stupid to have a sequel.
-Wasn't best script or story but was cool.

-Bittersweet Life, and Scarface I watch on repeat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.