Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosewater

Funnyman Jon Stewart's directorial debut, telling the serious true story of Maziar Bahari, who was imprisoned and tortured in Iran for several months as an alleged western spy (his appearance on Stewart's 'The Daily Show' was a major factor in this). I was surprised by the quality of the film, being Stewart's first. A lot has changed in Iran even since the events depicted in the film, which occurred less than five years ago, but the film ends with a sense that the surface of change has only been scratched.

Mad Max: Fury Road.

While not quite up to the level of Road Warrior--one of my ten all-time favorite movies--this is an outstanding and visionary action film that you'd never believe was stuck in development hell for 20-odd years. An absolute must-see on the big screen, and that goes double for Max franchise fans.

5/5

^ going to see it this week. my hopes are high.

last night, i watched the zero theorem

MV5BMTc4NTIxMTE0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTQ5NTYxMjE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

very terry gilliam in terms of look and feel. i enjoyed it greatly but found that it kind of petered out about 75% of the way through such that, when the ending arrived, my reaction was "is that it?"

alasdair

Last edited:
^That sounds exactly like the theme of the film (from reading the IMDB description) :p

Inside Llewyn Davis, by the Coen Brothers. As the first Coen Brothers film I've seen straight through, its excellence makes me feel ashamed.

If you want to really laugh your A$$ out, you must watch "Mortdecai", A brilliant movie starring amazing Johnny Depp. It really made my day.

The film was "Department Q", a Swedish-Danish production. Interesting, simple - catchy.

spent this morning watching clouds of sils maria with kristen stewart and juliette binoche, and absolutely loved it.

...kytnism...:|

I just watched that, too and also really liked it. I love Kristin Stewart and find her tough girl expressions and gestures really sexy. First I was overwhelmed with the nostalgia of seeing the Alps filmed so beautifully (Spent two years there as a kid) and underwhelmed by the slow pace of the drama but in the end I kept thinking about the themes , even after I left.

I am going to go back and see Ex Machina for the second time this weekend.

I love the Alps. Films make it even more beautiful.

I´m not sure about Kristin Stewart, but indeed she´s has a better performance. Maybe she´s soon it will be easier to like IMO.

banksy does new york

banksy travels to new york and for 31 days of one month sends the whole of new york on a chase to find the art he has created for the people. via social media he creates art alongside chaos, yet his messages are powerful and very clear. an AMAZING documentary and must watch film.

see it here

...kytnism...:|

Last edited:
Mad Max: Fury Road

There are too many car crashes and too many explosions. This is not a film. It is a stunt vehicle. There is no room for plot or character development. Some of the (Australian) actors are terrible. There is no climax. Or, maybe, the entire film is a climax. Either way, I thought it was pretty boring.

2.5/5

Chappie

This is exactly what I needed to make up for the disappointing Elysium. Neill Blomkamp is back on track with Chappie. It is a unique, hilarious film. Anybody into science fiction (and, by that, I mean anybody who reads science fiction) should check this out. Great casting decisions. Great special effects. Great screenplay. Expertly directed. Although not quite as good as District 9, it is a worthy successor.

4.5/5

I'm not sure about Kristin Stewart

Yeah, she's a bag of shit.

The new poltergeist 3d. Almost same plot as insidious but a girl and not very scary

Status
Not open for further replies.