Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what?

Also this is just kind of a pet peeve of mine but phrasing subjected opinions as factual statements is kind of annoying. I'm not knocking your opinion and there are plenty of other people who do this so I'm not picking on you or anything.

It's a little tiresome having to preface every opinionated comment with "IMO", when it's obvious contextually. That's kind of a pet peeve of mine... And, I don't like it when certain films like Birdman are regarded as objectively 'good' and of unquestionable quality because they garner hype/nominations.

If I don't like something, I say, "It's shit."
What that means is: "(I think) it's shit."

Having said all that, Birdman was actually shit.
(Not just in my opinion. Everyone else is wrong.)
:p

I just watched My Name is Bruce.

Directed by Bruce Campbell
Starring Bruce Campbell as Bruce Campbell

It was shit.

Last edited:
Its actually shit. Factually. a big load of shite. stop lying to yourself

IMO

Its actually shit. Factually. a big load of shite. stop lying to yourself

IMO

As proven by science

kids-science.jpg

It's a little tiresome having to preface every opinionated comment with "IMO", when it's obvious contextually. That's kind of a pet peeve of mine... And, I don't like it when certain films like Birdman are regarded as objectively 'good' and of unquestionable quality because they garner hype/nominations.

If I don't like something, I say, "It's shit."
What that means is: "(I think) it's shit."

You clearly lack creativity

Fear and Loathing is a great movie, probably one of Benicio's best roles. Just throwing it out there Bad Lieutenant, fucking Harrvey Keitel is great in that...imo

Fear and Loathing is a great movie, probably one of Benicio's best roles. Just throwing it out there Bad Lieutenant, fucking Harrvey Keitel is great in that...imo

The scene where he's stumbling around doing full frontal seemed unnecessary.

Cinematic penises are artistic, though!

Keitel was good in Bad Lieutenant, but - yeah - the church scene and the penis shots were a bit pretentious.
It is one of the few films I can stand his acting. His Judas performance in Last Temptation is utterly awful.

didnt see that one, he was in a mobster flick recently By the Gun...it was pretty terrible but he was passable

as for the gratuitous dick shots it was pretty racy for 1992 I guess...dont recall when dick shots became in vogue again but they seem to be popping up everywhere now

just finished an australian one called the little death? it was pretty good actually, a few scenes made me laugh my ass off

The last 3 months of 14' was great for films. I most of the Oscar contenders and I think the best movie of 14' was hands down Interstellar.
I can't believe that it wasn't nominated for anything besides technical awards.
I watched Due Date yesterday, I dug it.

Interstellar was embarrassing.

Finally tried to watch Cronenberg's latest film, "Maps to the Stars", last night.
Got to the 15-20 minute mark and turned it off.
I'm done with DC. That was his last chance.

Face Off starring John Travolta and Nicholas Cage. I am not usually big into action films but this movie had a solid story line to back it up and some really beautifully shot scenes. Travolta and Cage seem to have good chemistry. I was thoroughly entertained.

Last edited:
Face Off was fun, especially liked the cocaine water bit...Interstellar was also a good flick, hard to miss with Nolan

I love "Face / Off"; it's one of my favorite '90s films. I think one critic summed it up best when he called it--and I quote--"exhilaratingly ridiculous and ridiculously exhilarating."

Face Off was fun, especially liked the cocaine water bit...Interstellar was also a good flick, hard to miss with Nolan

Cocaine water bit? I don't recall that. Do you mean the part where Dietrich pours some type of drug into Castors drink when Cage goes to visit Castor's friends once he has Castor's face? I don't think there was any indication that it was cocaine.

Face/Off was a badass action movie. There's a handful of movies that I generally consider as a definition of an action movie. Movies like The Rock, Terminator 2, Broken Arrow, and of course Face/Off. It was particularly impressive since both Cage and Travolta had to play the good guy and the bad guy. They both played their dual roles well. I love how off-the-wall Cage was as Castor Troy. Mmm peach. I could eat a peach for hours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.