Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my woman to see The Theory of Everything.

It was good and all. But, I had a discussion with her after the movie that quickly elevated into an argument. I said something to the effect of "it's amazing how long he has lived with that disease, perhaps it has something to do with his aims and goals." To which my drug-naive girlfriend replied "well if that's so, why don't you beat your so called drug disease with your goals by not using at all."

Still, the movie is worth a look.

Okay well how about Nicholas Cage? In the last two nights I have watched two movies in which he stars in.
Joe, which was okay predictable yet powerful. and Leaving Las Vegas. One has left me feeling haunted and that is Leaving Las Vegas. Beautiful yet grim. Agonizing and realistic. Two tortured souls that met too late...I thought about it today and it broke my heart. Why am I watching it again right now? Because it's realistic and relatable. Nick Cage is on par with Kevin Spacey I think. Elizabeth Shue was outstanding. The music is mesmerizing and some scenes are nothing short of beautiful.

Last edited:
selma. it hit me pretty hard. tbh i'm ashamed that i never fully understand/realized just how much people sacrificed including their own life so i could be able to vote, like i knew but seeing it on the screen just put it all into perspective. also i remember the mlk speech he says something like " i have seen the promise land, i may not get there with ya" in the film you have the fed guy sayin to do something different cause they might not be able to protect him at the end of the march but in real life he knew he would be assassinated and even knowing death is around the corner still didn't back down. powerful.

^
You might have already read it, but judging from you post I'd highly recommend the Autobiography of Malcolm X. The Malcolm X movie with Denzel Washington was also good, but the book was excellent.

Last edited:
Is it Equalizer?
I watched "The Flight" with Denzel Washington. It combines a history of a drunk pilot with an addict in heroin romance, drama. Not very new..but quite interesting and unexpected.
The wild, 3/5
Boyhood 4/5 considering they took 12 years to conclude the movie, using the same family for a period years showing an average family´s struggle to overcome their routine issues.

Last edited:
Highly recommend Whiplash, Imitation game, theory of everything, John wick. Amazing films

Watched birdman and thought it was an overrated dull pile of wank, got 15/20 mins from the end but couldnt be assed to finish it

wow...john wick? what a lame ass piece of trash that was...how the fuck did you not finish birdman? i thought that movie was great

Highly recommend Whiplash, Imitation game, theory of everything, John wick. Amazing films

Watched birdman and thought it was an overrated dull pile of wank, got 15/20 mins from the end but couldnt be assed to finish it

Agree with you totally.
I don´t normally do that, but I actually didn´t wait to see the end. It was such a bad movie, with that solo insipid battery sound all the time and meaningless dialogues. I don´t understand how so many 'good' actors agreed to join in.

I once sent A.O Scott a cell phone video of myself masterbating...he called it gripping, horrifying, and reminicent of Kevin Bacon's oscar worthy performance in Tremors

My thoughts exactly erkman

As for john wick, best action film ive seen for ages, amazing fight scenes & no shakey cam bullshit. Birdman was bollocks, the only thing saving that film is the way its filmed with minimal editing and micheal keans rant about film critics. Apart from that, bollocks

Plus i love jazz drumming but even the drumming soundtrack got annoying.

Oh and nightcrawler i highly recommend also

probably because these 'good' actors know a 'good' project when they see one

It was a good project initially, I believe..
But the film, IMO, was not good. They could have used a good script and make a good job.
It was lacking life, creativity. M. Keaton had done his best to change his usual roles..

Last edited:
It really isn't a very good film.

Based on what?

Also this is just kind of a pet peeve of mine but phrasing subjected opinions as factual statements is kind of annoying. I'm not knocking your opinion and there are plenty of other people who do this so I'm not picking on you or anything.

well i enjoyed it and im kind of an expert

In what way are you kind of an expert?

I really wanted to see Whiplash, but I think only one theater that is in relative driving distance had this playing. Same with Birdman.

Didn't see Theory of Everything yet, but I thoroughly enjoyed The Imitation Game. I was kind of worried that it might be a bit dull, but I thought it was well done and it certainly exceeded my expectations. They paced the movie really well and all the actors really delivered. I know they changed some things around for dramatic purposes, but the influence that group of code breakers had during WWII was absolutely incredible.

I already mentioned my opinion on John Wick a page or two back. A lot of people seemed to really like it. It just seemed like a regular action movie to me. It was good as far as action movies are concerned, but it was predictable and didn't really offer anything new to the genre. Well there was more face shots than I recall seeing before, so that was kind of cool in a sick sort of way.

Its well above regular comparing it to some of the utter shite action films around at the mo. The shakey cam so you cant see whats going on in alot of films does my nut in. Cameras switching around all over the place. None of that bullshit in john wick

Whiplash is excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.