Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't seen an ad or anything when I watched Birdman, just a short clip from Edward Norton's appearance on a talk show...
That scene makes sense as something they'd paste on the ads, though. It was a real sitcom moment, for the idiots.
I also didn't like the parts with Birdman, or the voice-overs.
And why the fuck did Zach Galifianakis' character mispronounce Scorsese?
He shouldn't be in this sort of movie, if he's not going to bother to play a role.
I don't know how many times I've seen him mispronounce somebody's name on "Between Two Ferns".
I'd expect it on a Saturday Night Live sketch, but not in a film that I'm supposed to take seriously.

i'm not familiar with that beard guy so that pronunciation stood out, but didn't bother me. it did seem out of character. besides that i thought that character was well played, but i have no idea what he is like in other stuff. i'm not sure if i have seen any other film with him in it.

i'm not familiar with that beard guy so that pronunciation stood out, but didn't bother me. it did seem out of character. besides that i thought that character was well played, but i have no idea what he is like in other stuff. i'm not sure if i have seen any other film with him in it.

He's rooted as a stand up comic, who then moved onto comedy films like The Hangover series with a few dramatic roles here and there. While I was watching Birdman I was surprised that he was casted in a role like this, but it didn't seem too out of place until it was mentioned here and I thought about it in hindsight.

i am aware of the hangover films but i haven't seen any

I watched Predestination. It's the Inception you get when you don't need your hand held and a nice neat ending when the credits roll.

Also watched Sin City; A Dame to kill for in 3D. It was the first 3D movie I had watched on my new tele and I was actually impressed. Obviously the cartoon format is custom made for 3D gimickery but even so I really enjoyed watching it.

sin city 2 is a fucking mess. it emulates the style of the original but removed all of the mood and tone. robert rodriguez is a hack who fluked with from dusk til dawn and the first sin city.

I haven't seen Sin City 2, but Robert Rodriguez has proven himself capable of successfully producing films in at least three genres.

The Mariachi trilogy is amazing.
Planet Terror is a B-movie classic. (Much better than Tarantino's effort, in Grindhouse.)
The Faculty is great. The first Spy Kids is a WAY above PAR, children's flick.
And, his segment in Four Rooms (The Misbehavers) is awesome, too.

He's a bit hit and miss, maybe, but he's not a hack.

Dusk till dawn is pretty shit.
It certainly doesn't stand up very well against the highlights of Rodriguez' career.

(Predestination was an abortion.)

i am aware of the hangover films but i haven't seen any

The first one is, honestly, worth watching.

(The sequels are abortions.)

(Abortion.)

Just finished watching Lars and the Real Girl, a film about a very lonely man who falls in love with a sex doll named Bianca. It is not what it sounds like. I found this movie to be deeply moving. There are a lot of hilarious scenes but the movie is also very sad. Overall I liked it a lot.

4/5

^
I liked Ryan Gosling in that. Not the greatest movie, but was a touching film with a somewhat unique storyline. Definitely worth watching

I haven't seen Sin City 2, but Robert Rodriguez has proven himself capable of successfully producing films in at least three genres.

The Mariachi trilogy is amazing.
i was never a fan of these
Planet Terror is a B-movie classic. (Much better than Tarantino's effort, in Grindhouse.)
yeah it was clearly the stronger of the two. you're right.
The Faculty is great. The first Spy Kids is a WAY above PAR, children's flick.
i forgot about the faculty. it was a guilty pleasure as a younger person. spy kids... umm...
And, his segment in Four Rooms (The Misbehavers) is awesome, too.
yeah four rooms was good. i need to rewatch that.
He's a bit hit and miss, maybe, but he's not a hack.
okay, i exaggerated a bit =D

Dusk till dawn is pretty shit.
It certainly doesn't stand up very well against the highlights of Rodriguez' career.

i have a great time watching fdtd. but don't bother with the recent tv series.

The first one is, honestly, worth watching.

(The sequels are abortions.)

(Abortion.)

i dunno if i will get around to them. i'll keep your words in mind. thanks

Machete Kills is fucking awesome. Then again you have never seen a Hangover movie, probably due to some to cool for school prejudice, so I'm not surprised

Promised Land

Largely predictable, hugely unrealistic, template-driven, politically-unbalanced flick about fracking natural gas deposits in the United States.
Directed by: Gus Van Sant. Starring: John Krasinski, Matt Damon & Frances McDormand.

1.5/5

Last edited:
"Heat" starring Robert DeNiro Al Pachino it doesn't get any better. One of my favorites I can watch again and again.

Watched "The Last King of Scotland" DVD. Wish I'd seen it in the theaters; 4.5/5.

Re Forever:
I was really disappointed in "Sin City 2". It was watchable, sure, but there was some je ne sais quoi that robbed it anything like the original's quality. Love Rodriguez's work in general, though.

Chef, a movie I found on Netflix about an inspired, creative chef who after quitting his job and having a nervous breakdown due to a food critic's negative review loses everything. He then picks himself back up by starting his own food truck business. I am a cook myself and have become bored with it in all honesty. This movie has inspired me in my line of work again at least for the time being. It would be cool traveling around slinging sandwiches to people from all different parts of the country. I'll cook all day every day and be more then content if I'm going places. Wonder how much it would cost to start one up, though I guess it is quite the trend right now and there are a lot of people already doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.