• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Abilify 20 mgs snorted - First Time - a trip to hell.

STEEN

Greenlighter
sorry guys i'm going to give you a quick summary and post the full story tonight.

this for harm reduction and keeping cats out of the hospital.

one time i was bored and was thinking about how abilify sedated me before, and i craved a high so i snorted 20 mgs,
my normal dose is 5mg oral, so it was way to high and dangerous.

effects:

super hard muscle spasms, so hard an ambulance had to come and they didn't know what to do so the emergency chopper came,
i couldnt move and my body was shaking and spasming so hard i felt like i was dying,when the doc finally arrived he demanded me to look him in the eyes but i couldn't, the spasms were to heavy, so i started an argument with an ic doc spasmed out of my mind.
after an hour of me lying there doing the wave with my entire body they finally gave me a high dose of sublingual temesta
and a shitload of valium, i was lying there in the hallway on a bed al blacking out screaming for a fucking blanket,while my friends dad who was with me stood beside me worried as shit( i was at a friends house that day)
from that point everything was a blur, i woke up a couple of times every time in another room.
the next day i woke up with an iv rig, half naked and full of blood ( stupid amateurs can't even handle an iv-rig)
they brought me some valium and i slept for a couple of hours, and when i woke up and got dressed ( fucking hard with the rig)
i wanted to go smoke a ciggy but they wouldn't take of the rig because the thought i would escape.
after i could go they gave a script for akton 1mg some weak benzo which i'm consuming now with some beers and 50 mg snorted ritalin.

i learned my lesson from this to not abuse those evil anti-psychotics and i hope someone learns from this and doesnt do this idiot thing

i will spell-check and edit it tonight because i'm of to work now.

be safe

-STEEN<3

substancecode_aripiprazole
substancecode_abilify
substancecode_antipsychotics
substancecode_pharms
explevel_firsttime
roacode_oral
exptype_negative
exptype_disaster
exptype_health

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez that sounds intense glad you are ok.

This is why I truly believe illicit drugs need to be legal; no one would really need to try out alternative substances and have such an awful experience.

I mean, it was kinda dumb, but I have done stupid shit too. If illicit drugs were legal and accessible, I bet this wouldn't have happened.

after i could go they gave a script for akton 1mg some weak benzo which i'm consuming now with some beers and 50 mg snorted ritalin.

You don't want to ingest a high dose of a stimulant following an overdose on a partial dopamine agonist which led to seizures.

ebola

STEEN said:
You obviously did not learn your lesson. Maybe next time, eh?

the problem is, due to the benzos they gave me and the nice synergy with some ethanol made me a bit in love with it, but its all gone now.
and the ritalin is just something i need to function normal abd that dose is the only dose that still seems to work, 30mg snorted does nothing to me.

-steen<3

This is why I truly believe illicit drugs need to be legal; no one would really need to try out alternative substances and have such an awful experience.

I mean, it was kinda dumb, but I have done stupid shit too. If illicit drugs were legal and accessible, I bet this wouldn't have happened.

i dont believe this is true, if anything, it goes to show the lengths some people will go to get high. having more drugs at ones disposal will not decrease their desires, nor temeper them.
if there is anything this story teaches, is that some peole just need to learn more about drugs and how they work, and not do supid things on a whim.
also, its not nice OP to be calling people amateurs for not handling an iv rig right.. i mean you were havign spasms and you might have pulled out some needles yourself. they were trying to help you out after you got youerself in trouble, so at least show some respect.

Well, I guess I am not concerned with decreasing or tempering one's desires, but rather make it safer and easier for one to fulfill them. Those who are very irresponsible with drugs are the minority. The rest of us would be able to do what we desire without having to go to great lengths.

But did it get you high?? goes off to find the random abilifys left around his room.. hehehe

-STEEN<3

This makes me a little angry for the following reason: stupid people who do stupid things with drugs give the rest of us drug users a bad name. You not only hurt yourself- but also the rest of us who can handle ourselves properly by making it more difficult to do our drugs. They had to dispatch a helicopter for your dumb ass? Look buddy, get another fucking hobby and lay off the drugs so the rest of us who aren't idiots can continue to take them peacefully.

I don't believe the abilify had anything to do with it. I take 20 mg every morning orally and snort another 20 mg throughout the day. Combined with snorting adderall the buzz is more of a focus enhancing. snorted by itself abilify was a little desensitising

yep thats why drug are illegal cause some people will just snort any damn thing with out doing any research or having any understanding of what they may be doing to their bodies. chill out man you just got out of the hospital after an air lift and you are gobbling the meds they gave you and drinking and snorting stimulants. i guess you wont learn until you are dead or someone else is dead.

i dont believe this is true, if anything, it goes to show the lengths some people will go to get high. having more drugs at ones disposal will not decrease their desires, nor temeper them.
if there is anything this story teaches, is that some peole just need to learn more about drugs and how they work, and not do supid things on a whim.

I was about to disagree, but that's where I think your right. IT'S ALL IN EDUCATION. We don't let people driving without first teaching them to do so, and then letting them go off into the world, either to drive safely for the rest of their lives when they want or to be irresponsible and hurt themselves/other people. Legalised/decriminalised drugs would need the same education to keep people safe and aware of the dangers they pose.

Just thought I'd shed my 2 cents. Those are NOT seizures. That's a generalized dystonic reaction - side effect of any dopamine antagonists (like the first and second generation antipsychotics, and anti-emetics like motilium.) Dystonia is VERY VEEEEEEEERY rare with a third generation like Abilify (which is a partial agonist) but it is still possible. Perhaps your decision to suddenly try out a higher dose contributed to the reaction. You're probably a young one too - I'm 17 and very dystonia-prone.

I've had dystonia several times. Let me guess... twisted, "stuck" neck? Spine arched back? Legs crossed together like a "scissor?" Wrist and elbow flexion? I think it's wise if we don't persecute the OP for this - dystonia happens ALL THE TIME from "normal" medication doses under the supervision of a doctor. ESPECIALLY haloperidol. When I used to get the halo injection in the psych hospital I was guaranteed to get severe dystonia.

Treatment for dystonia is this: an anticholinergic IM like Cogentin, Benadryl; or a benzo injection like valium. I've received both. Antihypertonics like baclofen might theoretically work... but that's for the docs to decide.

I have no idea why they prescribed a weak benzo for you. For PREVENTATIVE treatment, benzos will do NOTHING to stop the spasms next time you get them. For preventative, docs should prescribe the anticholinergics Cogentin or Kemadrin.

Hmmmm....
Just had my first aripriprizole depot injection this morning for my mental health issues,
I saw the doctor earlier and was told it worked out my injection soul release about 10mg a day into me !!!!!

Reminds me of a time where some kid sold me 10 pills of Geodon as Adderalls. I thought they seemed weird and didn't taste the same, but I snorted 3 of them, but a 4th, and I was wondering why I wasn't feeling anything. After a bit I went to sleep. I woke up with the most HORRIBLE feeling, it was so terrifying. It felt like my skeleton was trying to force its way out through my skin. All I could do was hold myself rigid in a fetal position and wait it out. I didn't even know if it would ever end, I realized that what I had taken wasn't Adderall and I had no idea what it was or how much I had overdosed. I remember holding my head in this certain position made it feel slightly better. For hours and hours through the night I had this insane feeling, similar to how when your leg falls entirely asleep and then wakes up, and the buzzing is so intense it feels like you can't handle it. But my entire body and brain. It was so terrible. The next morning the guy left me a message saying not to eat those, that he realized he took the wrong pills from his sister (I'm pretty sure he just wanted to make some quick cash and figured he'd tell me I got fucked over the next morning so I wouldn't take them).

made a account just to say this, i was about to try it, had it crushed up, I'm not a amateur at this stuff really but i do like to be safe, thanks for steering me away from this and i hope you are all good after the experience

made a account just to say this, i was about to try it, had it crushed up, I'm not a amateur at this stuff really but i do like to be safe, thanks for steering me away from this and i hope you are all good after the experience
The OP was from a decade ago, but it's awesome to see that the information and report was still on file to help someone from potentially making a scary mistake. This should be a testament for the power of harm reduction and the virtue of having a place for people to HONESTLY post about their drug experiences so that others can learn from our wisdom and/or poor judgment. Good to see first thing in the morning

Reminds me of a time where some kid sold me 10 pills of Geodon as Adderalls. I thought they seemed weird and didn't taste the same, but I snorted 3 of them, but a 4th, and I was wondering why I wasn't feeling anything. After a bit I went to sleep. I woke up with the most HORRIBLE feeling, it was so terrifying. It felt like my skeleton was trying to force its way out through my skin. All I could do was hold myself rigid in a fetal position and wait it out. I didn't even know if it would ever end, I realized that what I had taken wasn't Adderall and I had no idea what it was or how much I had overdosed. I remember holding my head in this certain position made it feel slightly better. For hours and hours through the night I had this insane feeling, similar to how when your leg falls entirely asleep and then wakes up, and the buzzing is so intense it feels like you can't handle it. But my entire body and brain. It was so terrible. The next morning the guy left me a message saying not to eat those, that he realized he took the wrong pills from his sister (I'm pretty sure he just wanted to make some quick cash and figured he'd tell me I got fucked over the next morning so I wouldn't take them).
This an old post, but Jesus Xork, what a dick! Who TF sells geodon instead of Adderall.