• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

BL Fantasy Football 2011 champion: atri. dasright

we already made a new league on yahoo, pm me you email addy and ill shoot you an invite :D

since we all have different team names and emails i figure we could all post our team names and ill put them in the frist post for ref.
i am the fearless flopdongs :D

Yes you did which is exactly why you're not invited ;)

My team name is far and away the most creative. I went with JB

I will be out of town on friday aug 26, the current scheduled date for the draft. If thats what ends up going down then im fine with an auto draft, but I would prefer if the draft didnt happen on a friday night....

wolfy pm me your email addy and ill send you an invite
care, yahoo is down at the moment so i cant change it, but right now the tentative date for the draft in wednesday sept 7.

My only gripe with PPR is that it tends to reward players for short yardage passes that dont get first downs and in the end dont help their team win. But from a fantasy perspective it just puts more emphasis on drafting high volume recievers, tight ends and pass catching RBs. Im fine with PPR but if we are going to do it we should also do big play bonuses to balance it out for players that thrive on big game changing plays. Plus its always fun to score more points.

I have to vote no. I think it takes away from the scoring system even tho it'll add points.
It puts too much value in wr/te and imbalances the rb/wr dynamic.
And if you do that u should prolly credit the qb as well for completions.
Overall I think it's better with out a ppr league.
Again this is just my personal vote/opinion.

i prefer keeping everything simple meself so id rather not

I opened the old league back up if anyone still wants to play season two I'd like to be able to defend my championship.

Woot! Thanks for adding me. Watch out for Shimmer's Diatom ;). First time playing fantasy football...looking forward to it! I've always been more of a college fan, but since Bradford went to the NFL I have been following the Rams pretty closely.

How long does the draft take? It starts at like 1am my time lol. Should be no problem though as I am kind of on vacation, and all you guys are on US time.

The thing with not doing PPR is that there is only ever like 3 beastly WRs without it. PPR does a better job at balancing the league. That way if you don't end up with Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson you can still end up getting some points out of that position on a regular basis. Otherwise everyone that doesn't have the top three recievers gets fucked while 3 teams are getting 30-40 points a week from a WR. That's just my experience. Let's face it Andre Johnson is worlds apart from Megatron and they are both top 5 probably.

As far as bonus scoring goes, I think it comes standard in most leagues unless you shut it off.

Edit- The drafts are usually pretty quick man. I would be shocked if it even made it 30 minutes.

There are plenty of good wideouts in the NFL. Andre Johnson wasnt even the top wideout last year. That crown goes to Brandon Lloyd, a guy i picked up off the waiver wire in week 3 last year in my money league. I also like the strategy of having to play matchups instead of just setting you team the same way every week. Non-ppr encourages you to have 5 or so viable receivers and make decisions like possibly benching a stud if he's going up against a tough matchup and you have a so-so guy with an easy matchup.

And if someone gets 2 top tier wide outs like that, they are going to be severely lacking in other positions, especially since this league is shaping up to have quite a few teams.

Um don't you play match-ups regardless? Brandon Lloyd is ranked in the twenties man so you lost me there. Anyways whoever you want to plug into my post is fine. Just making a point.

A decnt article on the pros of ppr here

Last edited: