• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does gabapentin take to kick in?

Really? I had to go on methadone for 6 years, chronic pain, taper down and took clonidine to help. It took me a year and a half to go from 165 mg. To 5mg. You know what's funny, the first dose of methadone they gave me was 20mg. And it made me throw up. Now I am taking 1200mg. Gabapentin for the pain.

The thought of using neurontin as a recreational drug makes my insides cringe.

I've taken massive doses of this and lyrica. It seems to potentiate everything. Makes me feel like a weeble. Weebles wobble but they don't fall down. Except I have fallen so be careful. Especially on benzos and opiates. My usual dose is 4000+ mgs. 400 mg × 8 is what I just took and soon as I start to feel it. I'm going to take some xanax.

images

Your post brought back memories of getting high with my sisters, lol. Re: gabapentin: I have some from several years ago. I can't use it b/c it is against the rules at my pain management clinic... it wasn't prescribed by them.

when I was in rehab I was prescribed gaba 300mg 4 times a day. Now, let me just say I might be a lightweight to this drug, or body chemistry and what not. Any ways the first time I took it I felt a small body high, just like pretty relaxed along with a very mild euphoria feeling. Needless to say I liked that, and after some research the next day, I took 1200mg. Felt a bit lightheaded, and my body was super relaxed. IME with a meal and a couple acidic drinks, you should feel it in 1-2 hours. I've never tried staggering doses, but that seems to be of popular opinion.

i love gabapentin/pregabalin unfortunately for me to get the good high going i must take a BOATLOAD - i mean i did 13 grams of gaba one day. have gotten up to about 8 grams of lyrica. the high is the best high possible, IMO. better than slamming dope, better than smoking crack. unfortunately after you attain the high it gets weaker and weaker every time even though i space a month in between usues (i go through a bottle of 90x 100mg lyrica or 90x 400mg gabapentin in about 36hours for both) i love the high so much when i get the RX i binge without sleep until its gone.

It takes about two hours from the first dose to start feeling it..
Btw, do 300mg every 30-40 minutes instead. 15 min is nit enough time. Youre still saturated after 15 min so youre wasting some of the gaba with each dose you add on.. Thus weaker effects.

Take an aleve after a few doses, it will increase absorption 15%
Also take a snack with every dose, food helps absorption a lot. So does a little bit of soda, like coke or whatever you like.

just a question about gabapentin since this thread on it is recent and this doesn't feel deserving of a new one -- I have been experiencing akathisia in varying degrees for the past couple weeks, it is pretty damn severe right now, just about unbearable. I have had ~10-11mg buprenorphrine/2-3mg naloxone (zubsolv) IV (yes I shoot my subs, no it doesn't do anything at all, I just have a bad needle fix, don't judge) so far today when I normally would have had only ~4-5mg bupe IV by now, in an attempt to get the akathisia under control, didn't help. I have forgone my morning dose of saphris (asenapine), which I often do only take at night even though I'm rxed it morning and night, so this is not super unusual, because I know it can cause akathisia ...though it seems unusual that I would start having these side effects after being on it for like 2 1/2 years w/ no problems. I don't know.

anyway my point ...my mom has a scrip she rarely uses for 300mg gabapentin for her occasional bouts of post herpetic nerve pain ...I have taken 2 prior doses of 300mg in the past 7-10 days but had never in my life done any before that ...don't know if I have any tolerance yet or not but I do build tolerance to pretty much every substance on the planet VERY quickly, like notably more than the average user and I have a naturally unusually high baseline tolerance to every drug I've ever tried just to start (some drugs, like coke/crack, even the best quality, are completely pointless for me because even doing a gram or two to myself will feel like nothing more than a strong cup of coffee, not even a noticeable buzz ...my tolerance to opiates is completely unbelievably ridiculous, I can actually function normally in public on a meth binge and nobody can tell the difference, I've only done benzos [non-rxed] a handful of times in moderate-high therapeutic doses to self medicate my anxiety but I have never felt any buzz from them, etc, etc, drugs don't fuck me up easily). I don't want to be "under the influence" at all when I have to work later but I HAVE to get this akathisia under control it is making me want to bash my skull open on the wall, I can't even function. I took 300mg gabapentin about 90min ago and am not feeling it yet as far as any reduction in the akathisia ...the very first time I took it it helped the akathisia immensely and also greatly helped my anxiety, and if I focused on it I could "feel it" in effect psychotropicly ...the second time I took 300mg a couple days later I felt no perceivable effects, that was a little under a week ago. I have food in my stomach and have been drinking relatively acidic things (Gatorade G2 and sparkling lemonade). should I take another 300mg? should I wait another 30min before I do? I don't want to be drowsy or uncoordinated at work but I have GOT to do something about the akathisia. is 300mg more too much? I mean that's double the dose. have I just not given it enough time to kick in? I saw some people said 2 hours.
HELP ME WHAT DO I DO HERE?? I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING TO EXPLODE INTO A MILLION PIECES W/ THIS AKATHISIA I JUST WANT IT TO STOP. but I don't want to be buzzed at work. suggestions??

Look at my threAd. If you want to get the most of this drug, you need to potentiation the fuck out of it and follow certain guidelines to get a good buzz going. Very odd but pleasant substance. Am prescribed the 600's 3 times a day and sometimes go up to dosages of 10grams or so. Very nice buzz.

I'm bumping an old thread since 2016 was its last year someone posted. Anyways. I always have to have gabapentin a 44 oz of Dr Pepper and a monster drink. The monster drink makes it like I'm floating. I also take Lyrica which I'm prescribed for anxiety including klonopin which doesn't do jack. I say lyrica is so much better but tolerance is a huge issue after two days. Gabapentin I can kinda get a couple more days but not by much.

Just my 2 cents.

It can be recreational under the right circumstances. I'm prescribed it for nerve pain, but I don't take it every day, since long term daily use can often produce nasty withdrawals. Plus, you only tend to get a buzz if you skip several days in between doses. Tolerance to this drug builds really fast. It's not exactly a "high" in the typical sense, and doesn't produce the same effects for everyone, but on the days I take it, it tends to really mellow me out. YMMV, of course.

I see alot of people saying it does nothing but i take about ten of the 300 mg and two every hour after that and i get drunk and in a good mood. Also really horny so thats a plus and i mean 3 or 4 times a night. So thats a plus.

Every 15 minutes for the last 55 minutes, I've been taking doses of gabapentin (Neurontin). My total dosage is now up to 2100mg and I don't feel anything.

For those who are experienced with this substance: how long does it usually take for this substance to take effect when the doses are staggered in this way? Also, I am on a semi-full stomach (I know absorption is increased with a full stomach).

Thanks in advance for any information.
cute, 2100mg, *DO NOT take my dose as i'm extremely tolerant* but i've taken upwards of 40k in 24 hour periods at some points, try taking a few thousand, 4-5 at once then stacking you'll get effects but you really don't want to get negative ones like i had the 2nd experience with it.

The thought of using neurontin as a recreational drug makes my insides cringe.
it's effective to balance out amphetamines though. Lyrica is much more recreational however and pleasant to take vs pentin.

i love gabapentin i.m.o. im on sublocade now and klonopin and the gaba @1800mg`s a day i feel high sometimes it fades in and out lol if u get that