• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids freezing liquid methadone syrup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldwin

Bluelighter
I'm currently in a situation where I can obtain liquid methadone at a reasonable price, problem is, the minimum amounts are rather large (100ml min, equals 1000mg here).

As I only use it in times of need when I can't get heroin due to insufficient funds, it tends to sit around in the fridge for some time, and being sugary syrup, I'm worried about spoiling, even though I use a new sterile syringe for measuring my dose (which is part of the problem, 6-7ml keep me well for a day).

So, my question is, how well does done survive deep freezing? My plan is to make icecubes containig my daily dose so that it'll keep longer.

I live alone, so accidents could be ruled out for the most part.

Has any of you done the same or some info on the subject? Any input appreciated :)o

^Yeah, what these guys said. They made it into a solution which means they had to take stability into account.

even if it stays good for a long time in the fridge it will stay even longer in the freezer

I should have mentioned the containers it comes in are not exactly sterilized, and that I've had the syrup spoil within two weeks in the fridge.

Anyway, thanks for the replies, I think I'm going with the ice cube method. Also great for quick dosing if you're in
a hurry, I can imagine.

Hey Joe, if you're looking for your post I shuffled it away for safe keeping. It was a little energetic for a seven year-old thread that was answered already. If you need it, send me a pm.

Storing the actual med at -10C shouldn't affect anything. The syrup is full of sugar or xanthum gum or similar to make it kind of viscous. Those will prevent the bottle from even freezing, I'd think.

But I don't see any advantage to freezing your meds, since if you have a freezer, you have a perfectly good fridge 95% of the time. Store your meds per instructions.

I can't imagine thermal expansion would affect dosing.

Status
Not open for further replies.