• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-E Thread - ver. 3.0

Yeah 2C-E is very potent, even 2mg is trippy for me. At higher dosages it gets a lot more intense. Really special drug.

You know, I've been meaning to revisit 2C-E, I have some, I just haven't yet. Maybe instead of jumping in at 18mg again (which is intense territory... I had my most overwhelmingly intense and terrifying +4 ego death experience on 18mg, which was also one of my best trips in the end), I should jump back in somewhere a good bit lower. Dips my toes in instead of cannonball. :)

You can always go 16mg...perfect intense dose that is still maintainable... I'd equate to 150ug LSd. But even 12mg will give a satisfying ++ that can hit +++ with cannabis and inhaling gas.

I find the effects of personal body chemistry so interesting ..
Ive had decent experiences from 2c-e but I dont find it gets all that interesting until ~30 mg. Even with no/very little tolerance.
Yet the friend I got it from has incredibly experiences on 15 mg, of the same batch, which is more akin to these last few comments.

^I have a friend that is the same. I tripped quite hard on 18 mg (although it was definitely not a ++++), but he needs ~30 mg to achieve the same effects.

Yeah people seem to react to 2C-E in 2 types of ways. Either it's extremely potent and very intense, and as little as 2mg seems to double the intensity (ie, for me, 16mg and 18mg are very different experiences), and the experience is generally regarded as extremely deep and relatively emotionally neutral, but extremely profound, even somewhat frightening at times, or else people need 30+mg and don't find it that potent or have a very steep dose-response curve, and generally tend to characterize the experience as more euphoric. I've wondered what's up with that for years. I don't notice the same thing with most drugs (but certainly some, 2C-T-7 comes to mind also).

At 30 mg I find the experience to be insightful yet neutral. Though Id never use words like extreme or frightening, more like mild and placid, to describe my experience.
Ive never pushed it beyond 35 because I felt the side effects began to outweigh the benefits associated with the increased dose.

I also seem tolerant (? is that the right word) to 2c-t-7.
But again I havent taken that above 35, for the same reasons.

I enjoy both substances though; I just accept them for what they are, to me.

I'm very naturally tolerant to T-7, but not 2C-E. For me mild and placid are some of the very last words I would ever think of to describe 2C-E. For me it's extremely in your face and intense, definitely a roller coaster. I mean I've had pretty serene trips on it too but it's very unpredictable and I've also had the most terrifying trip of my life on it (which was also, in the end, one of my best trips).

one time I took 2c-e (I predosed a bit of MXE to make the come up less intense) on a night that me and my girlfriend were reunited after a 6 week break apart. During our time apart she got brutally assaulted and her jaw got shattered and wired shut, so her face looked a little bit different from the swelling when we were reunited.

in my mind I could see her face warping back and forth from how it looked before her jaw was broken and how it looked now that it was swollen. She was so cute with her puffy little cheeks she was like a little squirrel. It was so sad that such a cute lil girl was so badly beaten and left to die out there on the streets of philadelphia and she had missed me so much. It was a powerful emotional experience for me and it was so amazing to hold my girlfriend in my arms and make her feel safe and loved after she went through such a harrowing experience.

Then I had the longest sex I've ever had. I really don't recall how many hours we had sex for but I'm sure I came at LEAST 4 times. It was definitely one of the most incredible sexual experiences of my life!

Im not very sensitive to T7 myself and can and will eat up to 60mg...35mg is needed for gentle +++. 2ce kicks my butt though.

And sonn, that is a powerful story. No words just a tear jerker.

Im not very sensitive to T7 myself and can and will eat up to 60mg...35mg is needed for gentle +++. 2ce kicks my butt though.

And sonn, that is a powerful story. No words just a tear jerker.

I have more T7 than E left and no new sources.
I think my next trip will be a higher T7, as 35 is just a milld +++ for me too. Ill try maybe ~40
What sort of dose produces these powerful 2çe trips... Did i read 16 /18mg (above?)

That is sexy you have T7. I hate I did not jump in to get more that brief period it was around and not $400/gram (going rate in 1999-2000).

15mg of 2ce is powerful. 20mg for me got to 5-MeO intensity at times.

Ps...40mg t7 is a great dose. Above 35mg it get s really interesting. 50mg is....very intense. 60mg was nuts...I'd only recommend that for....50mg is the most I give another person and only inner family.

Last edited:
I was thinking of trying this one before T2 or T7, but now I am thinking otherwise. Perhaps T7, then T2, then 2c-e. This one seems pretty hardcore, I didn't realize that it was since 2c-d has very little headspace and a decent stimulation with lots of visuals for me. This one seems to have a crazy headspace to it, and extreme potency.

Yeah it's a totally different beast from 2C-C and 2C-D.

Yeah it's a totally different beast from 2C-C and 2C-D.

Yeah, after trying 2C-E I'd say that comparing it to 2C-C is like one of those "Virgin vs CHAD"-memes.

2C-C (at 50 mg, oral) felt pleasant on the skin, was moderately visual with massive spatial distortion, and had a mellow headspace. Definitely a decent psychedelic, just not necessarily anything mindblowing.

At 25 mg (oral), 2C-E's body load was *overwhelming* (not necessarily in a bad way though... but not necessarily in a good way, either); the visuals were... nice, but as I came up to the peak I barely noticed them because I was just fucking gone! Before my mind's eye, reality started warping into a four-dimensional Alex Grey scene, and my mind was struggling to describe it in a 1970's BBC newsreader's voice (note: I am not British. In fact English isn't even my first language). The trip seemed to have a very narrative quality to it, as my brain was constantly coming up with new stories, scenarios and impressions. I tried to write down as much as I could, but it turns out a +3-rated 2C-E experience makes it hard to focus on committing coherent sentences (or even complete words) to paper.

It's strange how Shulgin seemed to generally try and err on the side of caution with most substances (ex.: dosages 20-40 mg of 2C-C, 10-20 mg of 4-HO-MET), but went all out with 2C-E (giving the max dose as 25 mg). Definitely interesting and worthwhile material that deserves to be explored again, but preferably at a lower dose (maybe around 16 mg next time?). Really interested if such a dose would still give me good visuals.

P.S: Also, despite the intense body load, there was little to no nausea. I actually felt 25 mg of 2C-E was far less harsh on the stomach than 50 mg of 2C-C, despite being far, far, FAR more taxing on the mind.

The trip seemed to have a very narrative quality to it, as my brain was constantly coming up with new stories, scenarios and impressions.

I can relate with that, had the same impression :)

You should try it again at something like 18 mg. Never taken 25 but sound like it would be too much for me. With 16 mg I already have pretty intense trips.

2C-E always shined for me right around 14mg, was plenty intense at that dose. I don't think I would go much higher than 20, 25 sounds like it would be too stimulating visually but I'd have to try it to be sure I guess!

Having also tried 2C-t-7, I greatly prefer 2C-E as it's more gentle on my body, but I'm still holding out hope for some 2C-t-2 to appear at a reasonable price, I think it would be right up my alley.

2C-E always shined for me right around 14mg, was plenty intense at that dose. I don't think I would go much higher than 20, 25 sounds like it would be too stimulating visually but I'd have to try it to be sure I guess!

Having also tried 2C-t-7, I greatly prefer 2C-E as it's more gentle on my body, but I'm still holding out hope for some 2C-t-2 to appear at a reasonable price, I think it would be right up my alley.

Not sure if I would classify my 25 mg 2C-E trip as necessarily visual. There was just way too much going on inside my head for me to focus on the visuals in my surroundings.

Re: 2C-T series: I wouldn't hold out too much hope for T-2 - or T-7, for that matter - making a comeback, atleast not on the clearnet. Several countries already banned them back in ~2000 or so, and in 2015 they were officially scheduled in China, which is usually the go-to place for RC synths.

However, 2C-T-21 is currently being offered as an RC again, and it's supposedly pretty nice. Shulgin seemed to value it mostly for its empathogenic qualities at ~10 mg, while Trachsel explored it at doses of up to 20 mg, finding it a potent hallucinogen (and, unfortunately, also pretty nauseating).

2C-E always reminded me of fireworks; quite a show visually but fairly simple mentally. Would be interesting to see how that would change with the dose increasing. If I ever pick some more up I will have to see.

I don't hold much hope for the clearnet in general, I'd be more crossing my fingers for someone to get a custom synth done and dole it out on the deep web, but I guess that probably wouldn't make for a particularly low price. Should probably have gotten some last time I had the chance with how unstable those vendors are but it was a half g for the same price I paid for 2.5g of 2c-t-7 so I couldn't justify it.

I'd be down to try 2c-t-21, 7 was the nauseating one for me but I want to get a good experience out of some thios so I'd take the risk.

Last edited:
Erm not to stray into source discussion but it's been available on the clearnet for quite some time and still is.

Pretty cool that T-21 is available or will be, I really enjoyed that one a lot, very recreational, quite euphoric and pleasurable.

Wow, this one has consistently been quite the opposite of "fairly simple" for me.

Can't wait to revisit it, but I have had trouble finding the adequate occasion.