• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-E Thread - ver. 3.0

Last friday night I had my first experience with 2c-e, it was 15-20mg eyeballed (yeah, I know.), I had a really fun and euphoric time, I was very very high with some slight visuals. Some minor warping and 'hints' at CEVs, along with kind of a strobe-light effect that is similar to DXM. At no point did I even come close to freaking out or being paranoid, I have gotten worse paranoia on some kinda crappy paranoidy weed before, even though I was much higher then I probably ever have been before, the only thing coming close being DXM + weed combo. This was also my first experience with psychedelic drugs. Anyway, my question is that if I handled that dose perfectly fine do you think I could kick it up to 25-30mg for a more intense and possibly more visual trip, or would this be a bad idea?

If you think you're capable of handling it, go for it. Just know that the visuals do get increasingly more intense as you increase the dosage, as well as the other components of the trip (introspectiveness, etc.)

But before you take it again-- get a scale. You can easily get one off of Amazon, and for not too much money either. 2C-E seems pretty forgiving in terms of being off by a few mgs, so you don't need an incredibly expensive and precise scale. But I actually ended up eyeballing my doses of 2C-E, including my first one, and it was a lot to handle. Because the 2C-E can clump together, eyeballing it is really a poor idea. Trust me on this.

Yeah, I am pretty sure I can handle it. I will probably get a scale soon, but for now it has to wait. I have a pretty good sense of dose with this stuff and got some help from someone I know who is already experienced with this chemical, even has the same batch. How long should I wait for my tolerance to go down completely before I dose again? Also, I am thinking of smoking weed on it too, but maybe before I do that I should do a higher dose of the stuff on its own first?

Regardless of how well you think you know the chemical, every dose will look a little different depending on the density, which is why it's important to weight it.
I'd wait at least a week, if not more. Not only should you take time to let your tolerance go down, but you also need to make sure that you are capable of integrating your previous experience into your life; learn from your trip.
Smoking weed is going to make the experience more intense. I personally think you should take the 2C-E by itself at first, and if at some point during the trip you want to delve a little deeper, smoke a bowl or two.

I didn't really learn much at all from my last trip, it was eye-opening for sure, but still mostly recreational. That is also part of the reason I want to go for a higher dose, for a more profound trip and not really just an intense high.

Yes! Might I quote the good Dr Shulgin on 2C-E about this matter:

"(with 25 mg) Within minutes I was anxious and sweaty. Each person has his own brand of toxic psychosis--mine always starts with the voices in my head talking to me, about all my worst fears, a jumble of warnings and deep fears spinning faster. Twenty minutes later this complex chaos passed as quickly as it had come. At lower dosages 2C-E has been a truly enjoyable esthetic enhancer. But it really has a steep dose/response curve."

I got a gram of that stuff a while ago, made 100 pills of 10mg each to give out for free. Had a few freak outs among our study group and realized that splitting them in half into 5mg portions was a lot more comfortable. 10mg = borderline freakout? Shouldn't be... Damn that stuff so potent. It was diluted 1:9 and capped in tenths. I'm almost wondering if its something entirely different than 2C-E because of the seemingly higher potency. I've only done 2C-E from once from a different source over a year ago, but I still vaguely remember a subjective difference in effect. This stuff gets my eyes fluttering open and shut when I let them droop to halfway open after I peak... such an intense body high. I looked at a painting on the wall and I could see the wind blowing and every color bright and shimmering as the visual/body stimulation was peaking.

I got a gram of that stuff a while ago, made 100 pills of 10mg each to give out for free. Had a few freak outs among our study group and realized that splitting them in half into 5mg portions was a lot more comfortable. 10mg = borderline freakout? Shouldn't be... Damn that stuff so potent. It was diluted 1:9 and capped in tenths. I'm almost wondering if its something entirely different than 2C-E because of the seemingly higher potency. I've only done 2C-E from once from a different source over a year ago, but I still vaguely remember a subjective difference in effect. This stuff gets my eyes fluttering open and shut when I let them droop to halfway open after I peak... such an intense body high. I looked at a painting on the wall and I could see the wind blowing and every color bright and shimmering as the visual/body stimulation was peaking.

I couldn't imagine freaking out on 10mg of 2c-e after my 15-20ish experience. I was absolutely calm the entire time, I even saw a trailer for some scary movie that might have freaked me out on weed and just thought, meh whatever.

such an intense body high. I looked at a painting on the wall and I could see the wind blowing and every color bright and shimmering as the visual/body stimulation was peaking.

sounds like 2c-e to me

^^Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, one of the trip reports in the 2C-E entry in PIHKAL talks about someone who looks at a painting, and it seems to come to life. A painting with somebody riding a horse IIRC.

^^ mhmmm... "I was looking at a stylized German painting of a man riding a horse with a little girl coming out to the road to meet him. But she was not just coming out, and he was not just riding. The horse galloped at full gait, the rider's cape blew in the breeze, the action never ceased... I became exhausted."

^^^ paraphrased from memory lol ;) i thought of that entry as soon as i read that post about moving paintings haha

I find this chem at low doses (16-20mg) to be totally not worth it. 25mg was a wonderful time once the nausea went away. Usually I find 2C-E to be very neutral, but my during recent trip (alone) I was laughing my ass off and What helps IME is lying down watching TV (or stuff on your laptop) and just doing your best ignoring it. The visuals at this dose are really cool. Am gonna bump it up to 30-32mg next time. However this really the only 2C that gives me a headache once the trip is over =/

I ended up doing around 40mg of 2c-e, it really kicked my ass. It was a humbling experience. The visuals were out of this world too lol. I had a pretty bad patch of some serious 'frying' but it was an experience worth having.

iv just come out of a 11-12mg dose of this stuff, I wasn't really planning on tripping either is just wanted to get a feel for it, but anyway, half way through I have started to feel a very discomfortable aching in my lower back, I do remember complaining slightly about my back the day before but now it seems like the aching is much more in my face...could I just be more aware to this than normal or has something actually changed for my back to feel this way?! has any one else experienced any pains/aches after and during 2c-E?

Had an absolutely beautiful and shockingly easy experience Tuesday with 30mg of NMR'd 99% pure 2ce. The visuals and auditory distortion were out of this world, I had beautiful introspection, and the most amazing part - absolutely zero body load the entire time, this seriously felt as clean as LSD, no nausea or muscle tension during the come up or duration. Fucking fantastic.

Towards the end of last night I also started experiencing something which feels like there is something stuck behind the eye lid of my left eye, I am still experiencing this now at almost the same level as last night. My left eye is extremely red and so is my right eye but not to the same degree, both eyes feel dry also. Could this be something to do with the 2C-E or have I just turned into an absolute hypochondriac since taking it?!

Had an absolutely beautiful and shockingly easy experience Tuesday with 30mg of NMR'd 99% pure 2ce. The visuals and auditory distortion were out of this world, I had beautiful introspection, and the most amazing part - absolutely zero body load the entire time, this seriously felt as clean as LSD, no nausea or muscle tension during the come up or duration. Fucking fantastic.

that sounds amazing!
usually the bodyload for me is a feeling of needing to stretch and then intense pleasure when i do stretch. but i keep feeling like i need to stretch the whole time.
on the best trip i have ever had with 2c-e the bodyload was replaced by constant tactile pleasure as if i were somehow endlessly stretching every muscle in my body.

Hi !

I would like to know if it's possible to avoid the Bodyload of 2C-E by taking it sublingual ? Especially the fast heart beat (heartburn) and the tight chest pain :(

Anyone ? It would be greatly appreciated :D

Elsewhere on the forum, there has been a suggestion of taking a single Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) about 30 minutes before dosing 2C-E. The idea is that Benadryl acts as an anti-histamine, thus blocks some of the odd bodily aches that 2C-E is known to cause as side effects. It might also make for a smoother comeup b/c benadryl tends to make one sleepy. I have taken 2C-E on 3 separate occasions, and the later two I used benadryl beforehand. I remember having a lot less discomfort on the trips with benadryl, but that could also be because my doses for those were 12mg and 14mg, whereas the first trip was 17mg. (That first 2C-E trip was NOT fun, to say the least).

Also I keep TUMS around for heartburn these days.

And the one thing I have learned NOT to do while on 2C-E is smoke pot. It turned my otherwise GREAT 14mg 2C-E trip into an annoying anxietyfest. I say annoying b/c I was still in a relatively nice headspace...Mentally I felt fine b/c I knew it was just anxiety and how to manage it...it just made my chest tight and uncomfortable. Ugh. But then again, other people I know have done with that combination and loved it.

Hope that helps :)