• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Levo-methamphetamine

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think tomorrow im going to take this l-methamphetamine
does anybody see any danger in doing this?
im just going to put the cotton in about a cup of gatorade, shake, then filter it through a coffee filter to get out any cotton, drink, chase down with some soda.

I just want the "been there, done that" aspect, i dont expect any recreational effects.

>>
I just want the "been there, done that" aspect, i dont expect any recreational effects.>>

This is a horrid reason to ingest quasi-psychoactive substances.

ebola

The DEA doesn't care becuase you can't make crank with it and has little recreational value. Now if Benzedrex gets as widespread as the tussin it'll be pulled from the shelves in about ten seconds.

SpunkySkunk347 said:
im just going to put the cotton in about a cup of gatorade, shake, then filter it through a coffee filter to get out any cotton, drink, chase down with some soda.

I just want the "been there, done that" aspect, i dont expect any recreational effects.

Have fun feeling like shit. And when you do, please don't make a thread about it. We all told you its an awful idea.

(Now you'll probably make a thread saying it was awesome just to contradict me :p )

well, i didnt notice any effects at all really. Except about an hour afterwards my heart was pounding for a good 30 minutes. And the taste wasn't so bad at first but as you keep burping it up it tastes narsty.
I feel burnt out right now.

zombiesarepeaceful said:
^No.

And it's not illegal, lmao...but your eyes aren't too blurry to read NO, right? how's this, NO.
well im not high aprrox 5 minutes after i posted that i blacked out

Extracting Levo-Methamphetamine from Vicks and generic brand inhalers can result in a number of charges, ranging from manufacturing of a controlled substance, intent to distribute a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, etc. The CSA specifically states that L-Meth is a Schedule II controlled substance, except in the form of the Vicks nasal inhaler, which as a proprietary formula/product can be sold OTC. Once removed from the inhaler, L-Meth is CII, just like D-Meth. There are cases of people being prosecuted for this in the mid-'80s. Copies of case law are strewn throughout the net.

The consensus is that it isn't active. This is only partially true. Inactive in the same doses as Dextro or Racemic Meth. Some say it is 7 to 10 times less potent than D-Meth, so if 50mg D-Meth gets one person high, they'd need 350mg-500mg L-Meth to get high. Some cooks liked to speculate as such online anyway. $5 a pop, maybe 40-70% yield for someone without chemistry experience, you could practically buy a gram of crystal for the cost of enough Vicks to extract and get high on. If you are to believe anonymous polydrug abusers and selfproclaimed kitchen chemists on the internet.

For a long time it was the same story with Benzedrex. Propylhexedrine was a Schedule V substance, except in the form of a Benzedrex inhaler. There are also cases of people being charged with manufacturing/sale/possession of a controlled substance with Propylhexedrine. It was removed from the CSA sometime in the '90s I think.

I like reading the posts here elsewhere where highschool age kids think they discovered Benzedrex, like it's a brand new drug, or a brand new 'thing'. People have been eating/extracting and shooting Propylhexedrine since the Benzedrex inhaler was introduced back in '71. It's just been low key and more or less off the internet until the last year or so. Abuse has always been widespread, I work for a large chain pharmacy, and every quarterly report on shoplifting company wide going back decades has the Benzedrex inhaler being listed as a top 5 most stolen product in every single report.

Before they put propylhexedrine in it, they used to put d amphetamine. I remember somone telling me about how when they were kids they would always get them. They gradually got worse and worse.

So I wouldn't waste my time sense I have dexedrine but how does propylhexedrine compare?

State v. Erban

Erban argued that 1-desoxyephedrine was not controlled by state and federal law and therefore it was not unlawful for him to attempt to manufacture it.

If the substance intended to be manufactured was not controlled, it would have had a clear impact on the verdict and conviction would be a serious injustice. If Erban's assertion is correct, then his actions were not criminal. One cannot be convicted of attempt to manufacture a controlled substance if the intended substance is not controlled.

To analyze Erban's argument an outline of state and federal drug laws is useful. Section 19-03.1-23(l), N.D.C.C., makes it unlawful to manufacture a "controlled substance," which is defined in Section 19-03.1-01(4), N.D.C.C., as a "drug, substance, or immediate precursor" listed in schedules set out in the Code. "[A]ny material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of" methamphetamine, its salts, isomers, and salts of isomers are listed as Schedule II controlled substances. Section 19-03.1-07(5), N.D.C.C. Thus, according to expert witnesses in this case, 1-desoxyephedrine is an isomer of methamphetamine and is controlled.

Section 19-03.1-02(4), N.D.C.C., however, says:

"If any substance is designated, rescheduled, or deleted as a controlled substance under federal law and notice thereof is given to the [North Dakota controlled substances] board, the board shall similarly control the substance under this chapter after the expiration of thirty days from publication in the federal register of a final order designating a substance as a controlled substance or rescheduling, or deleting a substance, unless within that thirty-day period, the board objects to inclusion, rescheduling, or deletion. In that case, the board shall publish the reasons for objection and afford all interested parties an opportunity to be heard. At the conclusion of the hearing, the board shall publish its decision, which shall be final unless altered by statute. Upon publication of objection to inclusion, rescheduling, or deletion under this chapter by the board, control under this chapter is stayed until the board publishes its decision."
Thus, under certain circumstances, a drug which is deleted from the federal drug schedules will automatically be deleted from the state schedules.

The federal drug statutes similarly set out schedules of controlled substances and grant the Attorney General authority to add, delete, or reschedule drugs based upon statutory criteria. See Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act, 21 U.S.C. §§ 801 et seq. "[A]ny material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of" methamphetamine, its salts, isomers, and salts of isomers are currently listed as Schedule II controlled substances under federal law. 21 C.F.R. § 1308.12(d) (1988).

Erban argued that the substance 1-desoxyephedrine was excluded from the federal schedules, and thus from the state schedules, pursuant to the regulation codified at 21 C.F.R. § 1308.22 (1988), which excluded from all schedules certain nonnarcotic substances which may be lawfully sold over the counter. Excluded by this listing was the Vicks inhaler containing 1-desoxyephedrine.

Erban argued that it was the substance 1-desoxyephedrine itself which was excluded from the schedules by this regulation, not just the Vicks inhaler which contains a small amount of it. The statutory and regulatory arrangement, however, demonstrates that 21 C.F.R. § 1308.22 excluded only the over-the-counter preparation listed, not it's component which is also listed. The clearest indication is separate listings of different over-the-counter preparations, each containing the same controlled substance

If the Attorney General intended to exclude all forms of 1-desoxyephedrine from the schedules of controlled substances, he could simply list that substance once, without mentioning each different over-the-counter preparation containing it.

Therefore, we conclude that 1-desoxyephedrine was not deleted from the federal schedules of controlled substances, and it therefore remained controlled under Section 19-03.1-07(5), N.D.C.C.

http://www.court.state.nd.us/court/opinions/870281.htm

Some more on the 7x less potent from BL's memory:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-167754.html

Before they put propylhexedrine in it, they used to put d amphetamine. I remember somone telling me about how when they were kids they would always get them. They gradually got worse and worse.

Benzedrine was Racemic Amphetamine (D,L-Amp).

Amphetamine Kicks
TIME Magazine, circa 1959

Society's troubles with amphetamine go back almost 20 years to a time when the most popular inhaler contained Benzedrine (Smith, Kline, & French Laboratories' trade name for one form of amphetamine). Prison wardens complained that accordion-pleated paper fillers loaded with 250 mg. of amphetamine (15 times the average daily dose a doctor would prescribe for reducing or lethargic patients) were being smuggled to convicts, who chewed them and went on violent rampages. Then S.K.F. chemists found a better decongestant, propylhexedrine (not an amphetamine or a stimulant), to put in inhalers, and changed the name to Benze-drex. The problem died down until five years ago, when St. Louis' Pfeiffer Co. began marketing a 200-mg. inhaler called Valo, once again containing amphetamine. It sold well, and the old problem of misuse soon recurred.

Hypos & Photos. The current Missouri flurry got its impetus two football seasons ago, when eight Kansas City high-school students piled into two jalopies and roared off to see a game in Oklahoma City. Local teen-agers showed them how to extract the amphetamine from a Valo inhaler and inject it with a hypodermic needle. (Oldfashioned ways of getting the kick by chewing the cartridge or drinking beer in which it had been swished around were no longer popular, because Pfeiffer had added a bitter, nauseating chemical.) The venturesome eight had a ball -and spread the craze back home.

Each week, recently, at least ten users of amphetamine for kicks have been questioned at Kansas City police headquarters. Virtually all, says Lieut. John Flavin of the narcotics bureau, have admitted robberies, holdups and muggings, committed while they were hopped up. Adds Flavin: "There are at least 200 known users in the city, and at least twice as many that we don't know about. The men range from 18 up, with most in their early 20s. The women are mainly from 14 to 25. They come from the most expensive neighborhoods and the poorest, and some are in the city's best high schools."

In one case Flavin had the best selfincriminating evidence imaginable. Gary A. Hamilton, 22, ordered tea at a drugstore lunch counter, poured the hot water into an inhaler, and while still in the store went into an automatic photo booth and took six pictures of himself injecting the soup into his arm. Why the pictures? Said Hamilton: to impress his friends, and also to show them the technique. Sentence: 60 days.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,894117,00.html

I'd never even heard of or seen benzedrex inhalers, but once upon a time I saw the levmethamphetamine inhalers @ a store, and couldn't resist .. I'm no chemistry whiz, but I figured anything containing the full word 'methamphetamine' had to have some effect.

I thought better of eating cotton, so I just swished 2 cottons (100 mg max of the active ingredient) around in some water briefly, and shot it down.

I had about 2 minutes of moderate stomach discomfort (likely from the inactive ingredients), and expected nothing good to come of it ... but I was quite plesantly surprised; I was truly tweaked out for the entire day .. Couldn't feel much dopamine release, but I felt all the normal effects of an amphetamine .. Very speedy with mood & sociability boost, comparable to perhaps 15mg of adderol with no tolerance (and there's no telling how muh of the 100mg made it to my system)

For a street meth user / seasoned junkie, l-meth is surely worthless .. But for the indiscriminate lightweight, I beg to differ with most Bluelighter encounters ..

Last edited:
L-methamphetamine is certainly active, but is not terribly potent and has selectivity ratios that are unfavorable for abuse. Its most potent action is in the release of norepinephrine; if I recall correctly the IC50 is something like ~30nM (I forget the precise number). However, the selectivity ratio of release (NE:DA) is something like 1:14 (or perhaps it was 1:15) which means that l-methamphetamine will make you feel awake and stimulated, but it will not be particularly pleasant. L-meth's affinities for NE/DA/5-HT are actually quite similar to phentermine, only somewhat worse.

Occasionally, some heavy meth abusers prefer d,l-meth because of the stronger rush it provides upon injection. I have heard it referred to as "prop dope", as d,l-methamphetamine is synthesized from phenyl-2-propanone (p2p).

Although still pretty shitty, you'd be better off making some methcathinone (it is quite simple).

Is Benzedrex in Canada OTC as well...simply curious not into speed or stimulants.

If you insist, make sure you have some benzos. In case you need to counteract, if any, the unpleasant feelings of having drank 12 cups of freshly brewed coffee...
wishing you the best of luck.
Be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.