• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falcons = Superbowl

while the Falcons are up there, I think that they need to work on their defense a bit more to be a SB-ready product. their offense is legit though

LA is a fantastic football market, they've just never had a legit stadium. Its a city that supports multiple basketball(kinda) and baseball teams. I know the jags were talking about moving to LA... kinda sucks for the fans of small market teams. I dont see the chargers moving to LA tbph.

I wouldn't say LA is a fantastic market... though I would say LA is a good market

and I wouldn't say the NFL kinda sucks for small-market teams. this isn't the NBA we're talking about. need I remind that last year's SB was Green Bay VS Pittsburgh... one small market team VS a medium market team (or small, depending how you look at it I suppose)

I think I follow your opinion when I hear people say that LA shouldn't have an NFL team just because they are not Philadelphia, Baltimore, etc - meaning bigger cities with a great football market on the East Coast

people forget that every Saturday there are 90, 000 fans at the Coliseum rooting for the Trojans. LA also heavily favors baskety-hoops when you see UCLA, the Lakers, and Blake Griffin. however, LA hurts in the market race because half of the population have to be non-American. I doubt their extensive second-generation (even) Mexican population care much for "that other futbol"

however, this doesn't mean that the NFL should not have a product in LA. the NFL can survive without branding LA, but for them not to have a brand in one of the top American cities is ridiculous

their D is fine. It had 1 bad game last year that just so happened to be the playoff game.

their D is fine. It had 1 bad game last year that just so happened to be the playoff game.

eh, I think that their pass-rush is pretty weak. but to each their own

I feel you on the one bad game. for the most part, my Steelers had only one bad game, and that was also against the GB Packers and Aaron Rogers

holy shit I'm about to cum I've got such ladywood just waiting to see some men in tightpants again

the national nightmare is finally over

@ axl I meant that it sucks for small market fans like the jags that have to worry about their team getting poached by LA. One great thing about the NFL is the relative parity of the nature of the sport and the teams in general, as you said.

But I disagree with the notion that LA isnt a great market for football. I know a few 2nd generation mexican immigrants in LA and none of them watch soccer, and they are all completely Americanized. The raiders and rams actually still have a relatively big following in LA to this day. I predict that if a team moves or gets created in LA it will be one of the most successful new franchises in NFL history.

eh, I think that their pass-rush is pretty weak. but to each their own

I feel you on the one bad game. for the most part, my Steelers had only one bad game, and that was also against the GB Packers and Aaron Rogers

well John Abraham is a beast n now we got some help with Ray Edwards.

^ yea I agree the falcons are a force, even in a division with the bucs and the saints I still like them to make it to the superbowl this year.

They should move the Browns to LA. I really just want to see a team called the Los Angeles Browns.

Los Angeles is the number 2 market in the country. Let's not forget the last owner who had a team in L.A. No wonder that didn't work well. If they get a decent owner that could be the most desirable place to play in the near future since a lot of these guys like to hit hollywood post career anyhow.

If I had to pick I'd get rid of J-Ville(sorry florida) miami and tampa rep florida just fine. But the chargers make sense cause iz not a cross country move for a team and fan base. The chargers are an ok small market but they dont sell out like they should and they have/had some exciting players.

Whooo its back watching the chargers and seahawks game right now. I have alot of love for Tavaris Jackson he played college near where I live and I feel like he never got a real shot in minnesota so I hope he succeeds and proves what an idiot brad childress is. But anyway I am glad its football season again.

Whooo its back watching the chargers and seahawks game right now. I have alot of love for Tavaris Jackson he played college near where I live and I feel like he never got a real shot in minnesota so I hope he succeeds and proves what an idiot brad childress is. But anyway I am glad its football season again.

id like to see him do well too, when I see a guy constantly getting thrown under the bus you start to feel for them sometimes

^ same, i think athletic QBs like him are more fun to watch than pure passers.

^ same, i think athletic QBs like him are more fun to watch than pure passers.

i agree for sure
its funny so many people give mobile unorthodox QB's no love but I dare you to find me a person who doesnt like steve young, or at least recognize how great he was

im just really excited about him playing for falcons

ahhhh i dont blame you man

you have two #1 receivers and a pro bowl QB you guys are gonna be strong for sure

im a giants fan so im taking the roll of the spectator this year

Ugh, just got done watching the 49ers preseason game.

It doesnt even really bother me that they failed to score a touchdown. What bothers me is that out of the three passes I saw Kapernick make that actually took some decision making he threw into coverage every time, 2 of them turned into picks.

I realize he's a rookie and that he hasn't had much time to learn the ropes with the lockout, but I was still hoping to see some good stuff from him and he didnt deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.