• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Smith had some flashes last year. The Denver defense made him look like Mike Vick, but I dont see either of the Smiths having a good enough year to make the playoffs.

^ wewt... we soooo needed another reciever.... maybe he and crabtree can make smith look ok for once.

^ wewt... we soooo needed another reciever.... maybe he and crabtree can make smith look ok for once.

well your solid with two WR's and your TE whos name i dont remember at this moment
now you just need a QB, for your sake i hope these guys make him look good

call me super crazy but david carr played for a good team I think he would do fine

Braylon Edwards SUX

I agree with this sentiment. He reminds me of a slightly better Chris Chambers, who tormented us Dolphins fans for years with his versatility and skill in every single aspect of receiving, except actually catching the damn ball. Guys like that are the most frustrating, because you can see they can do everything else, they are all world talents, but you simply cannot rely on them to make the most important plays in clutch moments. They will let you down when it matters most, nine times out of ten, and yet franchises tend to stick with them for a while just to see what kind of talent they become, instead of cutting their losses.

he drops way too many balls for me take him as a serious threat. he does have a nice athletic type of skill set, though

Well I'm from MI sound I'm very familiar with Mr Edwards. If you need an amazing catch down the field over two defenders acrobatic style? He makes that play 9 outta 10 times. HOWEVER, if you need a simple 7 yard out for a first on 3rd and 6 forget about it. Hes about 50% on those plays and you can't count on that. He's def a diva and is already planning his post fb career in media or movies or whatever. He has personality so hell do fine as far as that goes. I see him as a poor man's keyshawn mixed with a roy williams.
I wouldn't take him.

I actually go to Fresno State (where David Carr played). The one time Carr got playing time last year he threw a game away to the lowly panthers....so i dunno how hot am on him. Its funny The niners have 2 #1 overall draft picks at the quarterback position and theyre both crap. And yes Vernon Davis is arguably the best tight end in the league.

And I think Braylon Edwards will work nicely with the niners, hes better then josh morgan or whatever other scrub they have playing receiver besides Crabtree. I honestly feel bad for Crabtree being such a talented receiver drafted into such an anemic offense.

Also, I think that most if not all of the NFC west teams are going to be contenders this year. The seahawks have a new qb in jackson, which is an improvement on hasselbeck IMO. They also have pete carrol as their coach, who I am a huge fan of. The rams are on the rise no question with one of the best young quarterbacks in the league, a beast RB and a solid def. And the cardianlas have the Kolb/Fitzgerald combo on offense which could potentially turn them around and revive some of that Kurt Warner glory, although with cromartie gone their defense is going to be even more suspect.

At least it isnt the joke it was last year where the rams were like 2-14 and the seahawks and cardinals had very little going for them.

Last edited:
Actually last year the 7-9 seahawks made the playoffs and the rams had a nice year with a rookie quarterback. It came to the last week and the rams had an opportunity to get in. Even tho it was a 7-9 team that division is always up in the air.

^ Yea Im aware of that but I dont think anyone can argue that the hawks actually deserved to get into the playoffs with really great teams like the bucs and the giants not even making the postseason, let alone play the defending champs at home. The division was historically bad last year. I do give Bradford and the rams their props for turning a 2-14 team around though.

^ Yea Im aware of that but I dont think anyone can argue that the hawks actually deserved to get into the playoffs with really great teams like the bucs and the giants not even making the postseason, let alone play the defending champs at home. The division was historically bad last year. I do give Bradford and the rams their props for turning a 2-14 team around though.

As a giants fan ill admit I was pissed

But despite the 7-9 record, do you feel its at least to give them credit for the fact they did their job and won the division?

^I like that they have made moves to better themselves this year, (sidney rice, tavaris jackson ect are all big moves) and ive already said I really like pete carrol as a coach. But just judging them based on their performance last year (some really really bad losses, and basically getting into the playoffs on a secondary rule that broke the tie between them and the rams) as someone who likes to see good teams compete it was disappointing to me that they made the playoffs, and an embarrassment to the division. Plus I wanted to see Bradford in the playoffs. They did beat the saints, but the hawks are really only good at home and I didnt see them going anywhere once they left home.

So basically, no, I think they were a sub par team that got lucky last year.

breaking news: LA has okay'd and is streamlining the plan to have an NFL football team at home

I heard that San Diego might jump the ship... or it could be a whole new entity. it's very tough to see at this point

I realize that LA isn't the best NFL market, but they do need some sort of branding there. plus, I imagine they're going to have at least three Super Bowls at LA in the next decade due to this decision (and who can blame the NFL? do we really need a SB in Jacksonville?)

I heard that San Diego might jump the ship... or it could be a whole new entity. it's very tough to see at this point

I realize that LA isn't the best NFL market, but they do need some sort of branding there. plus, I imagine they're going to have at least three Super Bowls at LA in the next decade due to this decision (and who can blame the NFL? do we really need a SB in Jacksonville?)

The chargers? Whats wrong with san diego?
Yeah LA is a huge market it would do good for the city and league for sure.

Is magic johnson tied to this at all?

LA is a fantastic football market, they've just never had a legit stadium. Its a city that supports multiple basketball(kinda) and baseball teams. I know the jags were talking about moving to LA... kinda sucks for the fans of small market teams. I dont see the chargers moving to LA tbph.

Status
Not open for further replies.