• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tebow made it?! Its a complete shambles and it should be judged by a panel of ex-pros if anything at all. Aldon Smith, Stafford, Newton derserve to be in it. Rivers? The fuck is he doing there.

I guess they automatically choose a fullback? Thats the only reason I can think of to explain John Kuhn making it over someone like AP.

I think this comment goes to disprove your previous comment

John Kuhn is insanely popular in Green Bay. they do those "Kuuuuuuhn" chants whenever he touches the ball

yet how successful is Kuhn? dude's a beast, don't get me wrong. but the FB is dying position in the NFL (sidebar: which makes me sad, but whatever). most teams do not have a FB

Well it kinda makes sense outside of the fact of his popularity. He has a very high % of success on goal line carries and since the pro bowl is supposed to be a "team" it makes sense that the NFC would have a pro-bowl fullback.

I think this comment goes to disprove your previous comment

John Kuhn is insanely popular in Green Bay. they do those "Kuuuuuuhn" chants whenever he touches the ball

yet how successful is Kuhn? dude's a beast, don't get me wrong. but the FB is dying position in the NFL (sidebar: which makes me sad, but whatever). most teams do not have a FB

I was surprised to see Greg Jennings make the Pro Bowl over my man Victor Cruz. Jennings is having a solid year, but that's to be expected when being on a team like this years Packers. His season does not stand out like Cruz', who is having a breakout year, and broke a few Giants records. I'm sure it had a lot to do with all the Packers fans voting, whereas NY has a split fan base between the Giants and Jets, and then the Bills for anyone north of the city.

And speaking of Victor Cruz, I loved how he made Cromartie miss that tackle on his 99 yrd touchdown. During the trashtalking leading up to the game, Cromartie had said something like "Manningham let a guy named Victor Cruz take his job." I'm pretty sure Cromartie will remember him now. Cruz doesn't have the greatest hands, but he has some sick moves after the catch, and he's definitely a fun player to watch.

Last edited:
The Pro Bowl is a joke anyway. The only All-Star game that's cool is the MLB. Everything else is just a goofball exhibition. But still, F-Tebow.

Looking forward to my precious Giants defeating the Cowboys and making it into the Playoffs. I don't see them getting very far though. I just can't see them doing well against teams such as the Packers or the Saints, those teams are on fire!

^ Any given sunday man. Dont forget the Packers lost to the Chiefs not too long ago, and the Saints lost to the Rams earlier this season. Anything can happen.

^ and, the Giants almost defeated the packers not too long ago. I still don't see the Giants getting far if they make the playoffs, but if the secondary plays alright and JPP, Tuck, and Yumenyora are all healthy, QBs might not be able to test the secondary much.

My question is, can anybody beat the Saints? The haven't been getting that much attention since the Packers' undefeated season had been the storyline this season until they finally lost, but I like their chances to win it all.

Last edited:
My question is, can anybody beat the Saints? The haven't been getting that much attention since the Packers' undefeated season had been the storyline this season until they finally lost, but I like their chances to win it all.

49ers? Packers? Saints are beatable away from the SuperDome for sure. They are 5-3 on the road this year losing to Tampa and as China says were sodomized(by 10 points) in St Louis! Mike Smith gave himself a heart attack and the Saints a cheap win in Atlanta. They could easily be 4-4. This week will be their 11th indoor game out of 17.

The most important elements to beating the saints are a pass rush that can get to Brees early in the game, and a good running game to eat up clock and keep Brees on the sideline.

Honestly, other than Brees the Saints aren't that scary. Id venture to say that their team would be below average without him.

Super Bowl is in a dome this year. Not sure how many home games the Saints will have in the playoffs though.

Unless the 49ers manage to fuck up and lose against the Sodomizers this weekend, the Saints will only have 1 home playoff game, then a trip to Candlelight Park, followed by a trip to Lambeau. As long they stay alive that is.

As much as i have always loved my Cowboys Someone please rip tony romos head off his shoulders and shit down his esophagus please....

I would take Tony Romo to be the QB of the 49ers in a heartbeat. He has been one of the top QB's in the league stats wise for a few years now.

The biggest problem with the Cowboys is Jerry Jones. He needs to hire a General Manager and stop being in the spotlight so much.

But hey, im not complaining, I love seeing the Cowgirls lose.

Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzz!!!!

crushin' it!

I can't wait to see the falcons crush your dreams, tho.

real talk.

The Cowboys games are like watching the news, if you weren't depressed before you watched it you will be afterwards... That said go Niners! yea ex humboldt county here

I would take Tony Romo to be the QB of the 49ers in a heartbeat. He has been one of the top QB's in the league stats wise for a few years now.

Interesting. Smith and Romo are similar in their differences over the years. Romo has been surrounded by top tier talent at WR, TE and RB while enjoying coaching staff stability. Smith has had some similar talent but has been stunted by constant coaching changes. Everyone calls Smith a bust but what has Romo really done? Romo has been a starter for a number of years and has not broken through yet. Smith is enjoying easily his most solid season so before jumping on to Romo so quickly, let's see what Smith does in the playoffs. If the Niners win in 2 weeks, that means Smith will have made it farther in the playoffs than Romo and Romo has been there a few times already.

Sure, Romo has better stats but I'd rather have some more W's than stats any day. Cowboys should trade him for a top 5 draft pick and try to get RGIII if he declares for the draft in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.