Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Yes (Talk/Sports)

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters

Kenickie

Bluelight Crew
I listen to the radio (NPR) every morning while having coffee/eating breakfast, I like knowing what's going on in the world before I go out. Some people say that's just as old person as reading the newspaper every morning, but I don't think so. I don't listen to the radio in the car, but when I do, it's the hip hop station, NPR, or Sports. Do you?

i listen to a lot of internet radio (music) at work. my favorite stations are Motor FM in Germany, KEXP in Seattle and Triple J in Aussieland. i've tried listening to talk radio and podcast seminars but it's tough for me to concentrate on work and really listen to important points. in my car, i listen to CDs mostly; and in my boyfriend's car, which has satellite, i switch between indie rock stations and Stern.

Only talk radio and classical. Anything else just makes me sad because it is so bad.

yeah, we have Radio 1 on all day every day in the warehouse at work. 8 years now ive been listening to it, for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. it really makes you realize how shit mainstream chart music is when the same awful shitty songs are repeated over and over all day. its so shit my brain blocks it out. its enough to drive you insane. ive grown to just about tolerate it now though

I listen to WMNF 88.5 fm , you can hear it online also at. http://www.wmnf.org/ They have Democracy Now and NPR
WMNF continues to be volunteer-powered and listener-sponsored, providing the listening community with eclectic music as well as non-mainstream news, views and public affairs programming.

I listen to the local NPR stations and WRIR-LP (Richmond Independent Radio). The Top 40 and classic rock stations play some good stuff from time to time, but mostly I'm just listening to CDs.

I stopped listening to music on the radio once I realized it was just the same songs being played over and over and over again. Now whenever I do listen to the radio, it's a local talk station who's subject matter is solely dependent on what the callers want to talk about. None of the calls are screened so it definitely makes for some rather interesting topics, not to mention it's local so it rings closer to home than listening to a nationally broadcasted station.

Man, NPR all the way. I love the talk the news and the classical music.

runner up for me would be some music, usually a good classic rock station. Love some classic tunes in the car!

I dislike having some other person choose the music I listen to. I'd rather be the dj of my stereo. I don't listen to much talk radio as I prefer to read about the news online. The car is strictly for listening to music.

the poll is pretty limited. much of what you hear on npr is either talk or music related. of your options, its the only one that offers a variety. and i assume most people don't listen to only one thing all day.

i listen to npr on the way to work, local stations on the way home and i stream main stream rock radio during the day.

I listen to NPR the most out of the options though I will listen to other stations from time to time.

Some people say that's just as old person as reading the newspaper every morning, but I don't think so.

Also, who are these people calling listening to news radio stations like being an old person? :)

I listen to the Canadian version of NPR (CBC) which is frigging fantastic.

The grassroots support for non-profit public radio is an impressive force. Last year, CBC mentioned that they ran a risk of financial problems, and they literally had millions of dollars of donations within days.

I listen to a little public radio. I mainly listen to The Paul Finebaum Radio Network. It is a sports talk show that originated in my hometown (Birmingham, AL) and is now syndicated by Sirius/XM.

yeah, we have Radio 1 on all day every day in the warehouse at work. 8 years now ive been listening to it, for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. it really makes you realize how shit mainstream chart music is when the same awful shitty songs are repeated over and over all day. its so shit my brain blocks it out. its enough to drive you insane. ive grown to just about tolerate it now though

Same situation here, it is 'the' definition of insanity when they play the same awful songs over and over and over.. i can't understand how anyone could enjoy hearing the same shitty songs every 3-5 minutes, i wouldn't even wanna here my own music repeated that often.. and then to combine that with repetitive warehouse work, your forced to block it out or shoot yourself.

We got pretty decent radio stations in chicagoland.. 93.1 XRT, 89.1 which is run by a local college and has random shows that play punk, classic rock, new punk, etc for an hour or two at a time, no commercials, 95.9 the river for all classic rock, 97.9 the loop for classic rock to modern rock, B96.3 and 103.5 and 107.5 for hip hop dance type stuff..

I didn't realize how lucky we are to have so many good stations till I traveled away out of listening range..

The only time I listen to the radio is when I'm so bored that I'm almost falling asleep. Or when I have friends in the car that like to listen to rap / r&b. Other than that, I listen to CDs because in general, rap and r&b are not worth my time.

i would add more options (college radio, satellite) to the options, but as of now, i don't have an edit poll button :(