Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Yes (Music)

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Yes (Talk/Sports)

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters
I prefer my news online but very rarely I listen to the radio. Especially top 40s, or it has to be a "clubby" station. Because they're extremely repetitive, like hearing Gaga 4 times in a hour is a bit much.

Sometimes i will listen to classic rock or oldies in the car. I occasionally listen to 890AM and 780AM for traffic info and news. I used to listen to art bell coast to coast on 890AM for years. It was better than because it was on for hours not this bullshit one hour sample. whatever though.

I feel like there should have been another "no" option :D
I don't listen really to the radio, though I will play Pandora while I get ready for work and we play Pandora Radio at work.....so at those times, I listen. I voted no b/c I don't know that Pandora radio counts. Yes, radio is there in the title but you kind of get to choose what you hear :)

Just like what BBC Radio2 throws out in the daytime, maybe shit, but it just might be floyd, zeppelin.

I seldom listen to broadcast radio if I'm not in a car. If it's a road trip, my wife and I will usually put on NPR for the news, and almost always end up turning down the volume and discussing articles they broadcast. That's an old family tradition of mine I intend on keeping up when my kids are old enough to discuss the news.

I usually listen for music when I'm by myself in a car running errands. I can't stand commercials, so I end up station surfing with the 'seek' button whenever commercial breaks come on. If I run through the whole dial and hear nothing but talking (or shitty music), I turn the radio off.

Most talk radio is junk, in my experience. NPR's Fresh Air is about the only talk show I really enjoy.

If I lived in Britain or Japan, where most of the broadcast radio is commercial free, government funded, and pretty good, I'd listen to a lot more of it.

In the US, whatever happened to the "variety radio" revolution of the 2000s? I thought the public had once and for all vetoed short playlists and long commercial breaks. Why am I still hearing this? I remember when I used to look forward to driving to NYC, because WKTU used to play a nice variety of classic dance tunes from the past 3-4 decades. Now it's just another pop station, with the same 10 songs, many of which aren't really even dance tunes.

Network TV has stepped up its game in response to competition from the internet, finding whole new sources of entertainment (cooking, parking, romantic affair investigation, and haggling as spectator sports -- 20 years ago, whoda thunk?!) It seems like broadcast radio, instead, has regressed. And it really can't afford to, when there's an internet out there full of free stations playing only the music I want to hear, with no repeats and no commercials.

My next car is having a jack for an MP3 player, for sure.

radio 2 aint bad, but the last time i listened the talking did my head in. i think it was wogan years ago, his voice gets on my tits

i never ever used to listen to the radio, but now with this new job, i find myself shutting off my cd player and turning on the radio sometimes but only in a car, or if im at someones house and they got it on,

In the US, whatever happened to the "variety radio" revolution of the 2000s? I thought the public had once and for all vetoed short playlists and long commercial breaks. Why am I still hearing this? I remember when I used to look forward to driving to NYC, because WKTU used to play a nice variety of classic dance tunes from the past 3-4 decades. Now it's just another pop station, with the same 10 songs, many of which aren't really even dance tunes.

try jackfm. they have a rather large, and varied playlist. and many of their affiliates don't have dj's.

I listen to Triple J to and from work - i especially like The Hack (afternoon talk back about current affairs). Sundy Night Safran (John Safran and Father Bob) is brilliant :)

When i was living in Brisbane, 4ZZZ was the station i listened to - crucial cutz being a favourite program on Saturday nights (although i don't think that program airs anymore).

All the time , in fact i don't have a Television atm.
I can't say i miss it really . i generally listen to Talk Radio , BBC Radio 4 and 5.
Not keen on stations that play adverts all the time gets really annoying.

RTR FM in Perth especially Full Frequency and Underground Solution. Sometimes flip over to Triple J but at times the playlist can get a bit repetitive especially if I'm driving a lot every day.

I do, but much less than I used to, and usually just Sirius XM in the car. Most of my music is online or on my hard drive.

I love progressive talk radio, if only for the counterpoint i hear from everywhere else (ie FOX news, Rush Limbaugh, etc)...dont really believe it any more than i believe the conservatives, but at least i get to hear both perspectives

oh, and Coast to Coast AM, cause thay shit is funny and awesome....Aliens in the Government! A new book exposes the truth, and we have the author here with us! lol

i go between four stations on the radio in the mornings on the way to work: NPR, Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN Radio, the Bob and Tom Show, and a local tv channel does a simulcast on the radio during their morning news. really im just looking to get traffic updates and a bit of entertainment on the drive.

i havent turned on my satellite radio in a while, but usually it would be Howard Stern or the Chris Moyles Show on BBC Radio One.

I listen to Democracy Now! online, but other than that I don't really have anything to do with the radio anymore.

Only when I'm driving, usually talk radio (feel like an old man listening to it, but I dig it anyway).

I listen to the radio when I'm driving, and it works out because I like to discover the newest, most ridiculous, club-thumpin', dance-floor bangers. LOL

No, but seriously, I listen to so much pretentious, hipster shit that I need to listen to something more light-hearted every once in a while, or I'd go crazy.

I listen to the radio (NPR) every morning while having coffee/eating breakfast, I like knowing what's going on in the world before I go out. Some people say that's just as old person as reading the newspaper every morning, but I don't think so. I don't listen to the radio in the car, but when I do, it's the hip hop station, NPR, or Sports. Do you?
I don't think you listening to NPR is very "old person," lol. Neither is reading the paper, in my opinion. Both beat watching the television first thing in the morning. 8)

I used to listen to the radio rather extensively in the car (read: whenever the car was running [and sometimes when it wasn't!], as was the radio). Nowadays, I rarely listen to the radio while in the car. I only turn it on if I tire of the (very limited) stash of CDs I have in there (that I also only listen to probably a quarter of the time I'm driving). When I turn it on, I do not keep it on that station when the music stops and the DJ starts talking or when the commercials come on. There's one radio station that's exempt to this rule as the DJs are humorous at times, but more frequently than not I find myself turning them off after 30-seconds or so.

Can't listen to the radio at home as reception is poor (lots of metal roofs and other interferences). Sure, I could listen online to a radio station, but why do that when I can listen to Pandora.com or hook up to my external harddrive and have my own radio station of ~20 GB of music? :p