• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What's the most important thing in the world?

Life, in the most basic all encompassing sense possible.

Air is one of the most under appreciated things in the world, it only kinda supports life for everyone and everything here.

^so, there is no cause worthy of self sacrifice?

That doesn't mean you're not the most important thing to you. Think about it for a second, without you being here, you can't make the choice for self sacrifice. Realizing that you are the most important thing to yourself is not to say that you are more important that everything else. It is a realization that you can't live right now in this moment without you and making a sacrifice is often either done out of vain or because you have this realization and wish to make a sacrifice for the sake of helping others understand.

That doesn't mean you're not the most important thing to you. Think about it for a second, without you being here, you can't make the choice for self sacrifice. Realizing that you are the most important thing to yourself is not to say that you are more important that everything else. It is a realization that you can't live right now in this moment without you and making a sacrifice is often either done out of vain or because you have this realization and wish to make a sacrifice for the sake of helping others understand.

i take myself for granted because that is exactly what it is. i participated in the granting of life to my son, therefore I am responsible for it. this responsibility far outweighs my duty to myself. my boy is innocent, he didn't ask for life and the pains and pleasures and uncertainty therein. it isn't vanity or seeking understanding from anyone for me to hold his needs ahead of my own.

Love.

Yeah, it's hippy-dippy, but of all things it's the one that makes the world bearable.

In.
My.
Opinion.

[apologies to LL] ;)

Throw an honorable mention out to dopamine, serotonin, and adrenalin; without them life would be much more dull.

being happy and content with myself..
getting with this girl that i think i like alot..
HYDROCODONE..

i take myself for granted because that is exactly what it is. i participated in the granting of life to my son, therefore I am responsible for it. this responsibility far outweighs my duty to myself. my boy is innocent, he didn't ask for life and the pains and pleasures and uncertainty therein. it isn't vanity or seeking understanding from anyone for me to hold his needs ahead of my own.

Weren't you put here in the same light? Were you not in his predicament? You have to be able to appreciate yourself before you can teach your son to appreciate the world.

true. i owed it to my parents to do my best in becoming the person i am. now that i have achieved some degree of functional personhood, i can focus on my kid. we could all argue the magical development of the primordial soup, as delicious as it sounds, to be the most important thing, for every part of life came thereafter, but that isn't really saying much. What is important is what is important now, given that all that has come to pass has. We, as individuals, can only affect what we have a semblance of control over. What we do with this control will vary upon personal priority. So when asked what is important, what is it to point out something which one has no control over?

i wanna be stupid and say that the most important thing in the world is the big ball of lead at the center than holds everything together. or that humanity is irrelevant, and the most important thing is the world itself, and it's rich history which has allowed us to evolve to be able to answer this question.

instead, i believe the most important thing, not just in the world but in all existence, is chaos. it balances all failed 'good' intentions.

LOVE. Everyone is meant to find love, it is essentially life in itself. Love is the realization between two beings that they are one. We live to unite.