• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best way to take aderall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciaman

Greenlighter
If someone was to be working on numerous tasks for a long period of time what would be the best way of administering aderall? I thought maybe nasal insufflation doing 5mg lines every hour would be a productive method but I don't have experience insufflating aderall.

Basic dosage/effect/ROA questions belong in basic drug discussion, so i'll move it over there for you. But for your question - if you need a steady amount of focus for long periods of time nasal administration would not be the best way of taking adderall. Are you dealing with IR or ER adderall pills? In my opinion, the best way for what you need would be to orally take a dose of extended release, and then maybe top up with a smaller dose of IR hours later if you feel the concentration is fading.

OD >>> BDD

if you need it to work for a long time then oral administration is the way to go

agree with that answer def just eating them i dont feel snorting adds is any better for anything than just eating them that was what i did pretty much everytime i ate them and redose every 4 hours if needed depending if they are IR (which i am assuming you have because snorting the beads out of extended release would be hard and i dont think it would work) but if it is ER then every six hours

Oral administration is by far the most effective route. It lasts longest this way as well. Insufflating Adderall doesn't produce much euphoria anyway.

Thanks for the helpful responses; in the end I chose oral administration as i've had experience with this lasting the longest, and to your response BrokeDown: They are XR pills.

Yea, i would take some tums or baking soda before eating them to extend duration of the amphetamines in my body. I would think about taking time released magnesium to slow down tolerance.

Alright, let me sum it up =)

Adderall XR (extended release) will last 7-9 hours, with after effects lasting a good 3-4 hours after until baseline. Adderall XR releases half the dose immediately and half the dose 4 hours later. IMO I can't really tell when the other half is released. So really, 20mg XR = 10mg IR

Now IR, its much more euphoric but has a MUCH harder crash/comedown. It lasts about 5 hours, from person experience. Adderall XR is a much cleaner, longer lasting high, but you must take more. DO NOT rail, it has a HORRIBLE sickly sweet drip, you will puke haha. I personally cannot handle the taste, and I've railed coke a few times.

-flap

what about rectal? whats the duration on that. i hear the BIO is like 95%.

Echoing previous responses, oral administration is a no-brainer when your objective is to study intensely. I would not try to manipulate the duration of the drug with antacids, because it will either not work, or given enough intervention, it will have a ridiculous build-up and there will be undesirable effects of being too immersed. I would switch adderall to dexedrine; adderall can't stand next to dexedrine. Dexedrine is for the person who has a purpose. Adderall has useless side effects and more highs and lows.

Oral is the way to go. You get the most out of the magic adderall provides, the effects are so enjoyable and euphoric and lasts 6-12hrs if you dont do it alot. sniffing it leaves ur nose clogged and a 10mins coke fiend type buzz, i dont like it at all. orally i get more of a mild MDMA based buzz

if you have adderall XR what i would do is crush the time release beads up, pour it back in the capsule and take it that way..

I can't seem to ever defeat the time release by crushing up the beads. Maybe 1/4th of the dose is released early.

As for Dexedrine vs. Adderall, I actually find Adderall more effective for abusing. I don't know what it is, maybe its how the salts are prepared. I was switched from 30mg Adderall XR onto Dexedrine 30mg (spansules) and I wanted right back onto the Adderall. I couldn't seem to get high off the Dexedrine but it was effective for daily therapeutic use. I really don't know why this is.

Snarky at least in the US i dont think they make IR dexedrine anymore, at least GSK doesn't make em anymore.
I like snorting amphetamines, oral amphets IMO are too much side effects not enough high.
But before i had tolerancei always ate em so..

LSDMDMA&9840775 said:
Snarky at least in the US i dont think they make IR dexedrine anymore, at least GSK doesn't make em anymore.
I like snorting amphetamines, oral amphets IMO are too much side effects not enough high.
But before i had tolerancei always ate em so..

Yes, they still have instant release Dexedrine in the U.S. Last time I was prescribed them was nearly 7 years ago but I know somebody who is currently prescribed them. I used to take 15mg x3 a day (9 tablets). I don't believe they have 10mg Dextrostat anymore but could be wrong.

Rectal or oral are both good. Insufflated is a waste of time.

Looks like this has been answered so am going to close it :)

Send me a pm if you disagree, ciaman, but I notice you let us know a while back that you went for oral. Feel free to tell us how that went for you in the BDD social thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.